GDT Sabres at Ottawa 3/26/19 7:30.

Brawndo

Just now, Beer said:

Yet we continue to watch night after night...

They're my boys through thick and thin.  I still look forward to each game and expect to win sorta like Charlie Brown never thinking Lucy's going to pull the football away when he's just about to kick it.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, freester said:

Is this the worst Sabres season ever as a fan?  So much hope and so much disappointment 

I can't remember anything like it, right down to the beloved voice going silent. I don't remember 73-74, but it's the only season that can surpass this one. Huge letdown after their first playoff appearance, serious injuries and Tim Horton's accident.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

5 periods now and 1 fluke goal against 2 bottom teams... it’s beyond mind blowing 

Every game it seems like Skinner has lots of shots but just can’t score, Eichel can only shoot wide or high, and Reinhart is almost getting a shot here and there.  The rest are not a factor. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I can't remember anything like it, right down to the beloved voice going silent. I don't remember 73-74, but it's the only season that can surpass this one. Huge letdown after their first playoff appearance, serious injuries and Tim Horton's accident.

They didn’t quit in 73-74, just had lots of bad luck. 

These guys have called it a season weeks ago.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

They didn’t quit in 73-74, just had lots of bad luck. 

These guys have called it a season season weeks ago.  

Good point. I'm sure this'll be pointed out as the nostalgia of blockheads or something, but those guys literally couldn't afford to quit.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know if this is a valid hockey point or not. You keep hearing about crash the net crash the net crash the netm but I often see players in too far to cash rebounds. It happened in the second with Alexander and Casey (M.). Maybe pull it back a hair?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.