Trade Thread -- 2019 Deadline Edition (Actual Trades not Involving Sabres). Also, trade rumors and all other thoughts about anything.

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Vegas is dumb. They already traded away 1 of their players from their first draft. They had no 1st in the their second draft and they are trading away more now for this. In about 1-2 more years they are going to have issues. 

It may work well with building their fan base though, drawing eyes right out of the gate.  Only time will tell, but it can't be any worse than the typical expansion process.  They've already had more success than Columbus or the Atlanta/Winnipeg franchise (granted that one's finally changing).  Buy a couple playoff appearances and then hope you hit the lottery on a late pick or two.  I'm willing to pay attention to see how it plays out.

35 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Vegas is dumb. They already traded away 1 of their players from their first draft. They had no 1st in the their second draft and they are trading away more now for this. In about 1-2 more years they are going to have issues. 

I disagree. They’re in striking distance of the cup and because of that you go for it when you can. They’ve also been able to keep the guys they’re picking up.

16 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I wonder if they want Risto.

12 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I disagree. They’re in striking distance of the cup and because of that you go for it when you can. They’ve also been able to keep the guys they’re picking up.

I wonder if they want Risto.

They can have him if they throw in Scandella & Pominville. 

10 minutes ago, WildCard said:

If this rental trade comes true, and Myers walks as expected, the Kane trade will have nearly run its course.

Armia and Stafford left Winnipeg for nothing. The Jets are left with Roslovic, the Sabres, essentially, Bogosian and Montour.

Amazing sometimes the twists these trades eventually take.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

Rather quiet right now. Given how close the standings are in both conferences, especially around those wild card slots, I honestly expected more action early on today.

Minnesota is interesting with reports of Zucker and Granlund being shopped.

Obviously the Panarin / Bobs situation.

Stone in Ottawa and Florida.

Wondering how frantic the conversations are now.

26 minutes ago, LTS said:

Is Hayes worth a 1st and Lemieux?  There was mention that another pick might be involved.

It seems high.. but if Hayes is worth that, then what is Stone, Simmonds, and Panarin worth?

There is a conditional 4th round pick if the Jets win the Cup.

Judging by what I'm seeing from Rags fans, it isn't high.

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Rather quiet right now. Given how close the standings are in both conferences, especially around those wild card slots, I honestly expected more action early on today.

Minnesota is interesting with reports of Zucker and Granlund being shopped.

Obviously the Panarin / Bobs situation.

Stone in Ottawa and Florida.

Wondering how frantic the conversations are now.

Trade deadline day has become trade weekend. More trades going down earlier in recent years.

17 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I think its pretty much to give up for hayes as well though.

I do too.

A 1st and someone like Suess would have seemed more in line but I guess Chevy wanted him before someone else got him. We gave up a 1st and Foley plus a 4th for Stastny last season...

This move makes the Jets pretty big down the center line. 

Edited by Ducky

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Counting the seconds until someone uses this as a dig at GMTM.

Happy to oblige.  

Wpg - got (to date) 719 gms 109g, 166a for 275 pts + 17 from 5 players with two players (Myers and Roslovic) on their roster for one of the best teams in the NHL.  Cap Hit with one year left for Roslovic - $38.46

Buf - got (to date) 410 gms 79g, 97a for 176 pts -92 (include one game in goal for Kasdorf) from 3 players with Bogo still on the roster for a middle of the road team. Cap hit with one year left for Bogo $42.83

This deal was probably best never made from Buffalo’s standpoint.  Wpg got rid of problem child Kane and in return received the much more productive Myers for less money long-term then the bum we got in Bogosian.  They also receive more production from Stafford and Armia then we received from Kane.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.