Trade Thread -- 2019 Deadline Edition (Actual Trades not Involving Sabres). Also, trade rumors and all other thoughts about anything.

Brawndo

1 hour ago, shrader said:

I see him mentioned all the time. People do realize that Glotov doesn’t even have a contract with the Sabres, right? I realize people love his character, but he is not a Sabre prospect. 

He has an AHL/ECHL deal w the Amerks.  Doesn’t that make him part of the organization? 

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

He's been awful this year — 2 goals. But he had 59 points two years ago. That's hardly nothing.

And he's averaged 40 points per 82 over his still-young career.

Four years left at $4.9 million looks bad. Bad fight with Torts?

If your scouts like him, might be a buy-low opportunity.

I'm interested in Wennberg, but I think Columbus either has to retain salary or take back money to compensate for the risk that that 59-point season is not representative of what he is. Okposo is on IR and wishful thinking anyway, but maybe they could free us of Sobotka's final season. 

28 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Odd that there weren't many, if any, waivers situations yesterday in to today. I'd have thought teams looking to make moves today and tomorrow would have liked the space to do so beyond noon today. Now it looks like after noon today we might see some waivers? So moves can be made between noon and 3pm tomorrow?

Agreed...I am curious as well about the amount of waiver activity today.  Seems to me it is a decent indicator of who is buying (vs. selling) tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, inkman said:

What's the connection?  Daigle was a first overall pick. Duclair is a third round pick performing much like one. 

True, but everytime Duclair is moved it seems like people rave about his 'abilities'.  Each time there is new hope a change of scenery will unlock that potential, but it does not work out.  Columbus is the latest failed experiment and now he's off to what, his 5th team? 

10 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

True, but everytime Duclair is moved it seems like people rave about his 'abilities'.  Each time there is new hope a change of scenery will unlock that potential, but it does not work out.  Columbus is the latest failed experiment and now he's off to what, his 5th team? 

Kid had a great rookie year, people expect to much of him now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.