Trade Thread -- 2019 Deadline Edition (Actual Trades not Involving Sabres). Also, trade rumors and all other thoughts about anything.

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Duchene to Columbus it appears 

CBJ going all in. I respect the move for a small market team to take their shot like this. I don't think it works at all though

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Yup... sounds like multiple prospects in play. I would guess CBJ first might also be in play. 

That 1st has to be. Ottawa lost theirs to Colorado and I'm sure they're eager to recoup 

3 minutes ago, LTS said:

A little crazy..

So, CBJ is going to roll with three unsigned UFAs.. and when they fall they will be left with very little.

Insane.

This is dropping the franchise's future onto one number at the roulette table.  If everyone walks, which looks likely, they'll be rebuilding for years.  

Guess they're hoping to make hay, the clouds are rolling in.  

43 minutes ago, WildCard said:

CBJ going all in. I respect the move for a small market team to take their shot like this. I don't think it works at all though

I mean if there was a year to go all in to try to make a deep run in the playoffs it is this one as there is no real dominant team in the NHL...

*checks standings and sees Tampa Bay ahead of the rest of the league by 20+ points*

... oh wait. /wallbash

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

This is dropping the franchise's future onto one number at the roulette table.  If everyone walks, which looks likely, they'll be rebuilding for years.  

Guess they're hoping to make hay, the clouds are rolling in.  

Its striking while the iron is hot (or in their case, somewhat still warm?)

They are making a last ditch effort with what they have instead of giving up early. They can still make some moves and re sign some of them.

11 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

I mean if there was a year to go all in to try to make a deep run in the playoffs it is this one as there is no real dominant team in the NHL...

*checks standings and sees Tampa Bay ahead of the rest of the league by 20+ points*

... oh wait. /wallbash

And if Columbus does get in, guess who they are very likely to face in the first round...

3 hours ago, inkman said:

Looks akin to Asplund, Glotov and a 1st. Meh.  

Just depends on your belief in the prospects themselves.  Abramov hasn't had a strong showing this season.  It's more likely about the picks for Ottawa I would assume. 

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Wennberg held off the ice for the Jackets tonight.

Swede, centre, 24  - seems like a Botterill target

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Someone else mentioned it but he's been there for 4-5 years and really hasn't done anything.

He was also mentioned as a possible target for Botterill per Jeremy White’s Twitter Source 

17 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Someone else mentioned it but he's been there for 4-5 years and really hasn't done anything.

He's been awful this year — 2 goals. But he had 59 points two years ago. That's hardly nothing.

And he's averaged 40 points per 82 over his still-young career.

Four years left at $4.9 million looks bad. Bad fight with Torts?

If your scouts like him, might be a buy-low opportunity.

Edited by dudacek

Just now, dudacek said:

He's been awful this year — 2 goals. But he had 59 points two years ago.

Four years left at $4.9 million looks bad. But if your scouts like him, might be a buy-low opportunity.

We better be ditching Okposo if that contract is coming back

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.