Berglund suspended, failure to report

G-Daddy

9 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Interesting. I have to believe his trade value is nowhere near his 20 goal seasons baseline from prior years.

Gotta think other GMs are seeing a buy low opportunity

If they get a 2035 7th Conditional Pick as long they clear the cap hit I’m good 

• Like (+1) 7

51 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Interesting. I have to believe his trade value is nowhere near his 20 goal seasons baseline from prior years.

Umm...yeah.  his production and contract make his value zero.  Buffalo will be giving him away, for another bad contract I suppose.

1 hour ago, Samson's Flow said:

If we get a fifth round pick and get his contract off the books.... take it.

Berglund for 3rd would be a coup under the circumstances. It’s selling low, but the team doesn’t seem to need him and could better use the cap space, preferably to acquire a more effective middle six centre. In the meantime, Scott Wilson should replace what Berglund has provided this year more than adequately.

Elie, I fear, is limited, but he hasn’t got a real shot. And I’m good with seeing what Smith, Olofsson, Nylander or even Bailey can do.

No GM is his right mind is taking Berglund off our hands and taking the full contract hit, unless we take a similar bad deal back.  Screw Berglund, don't give him a "win" for going AWOL by giving him an opportunity elsewhere at full $.  Terminate his contract for going AWOL and breaching his contract and trade for Johansson from NJ.  Let Berglund hook up with some other team for 650K.  Stand your ground JBOT.  Show there are severe consequences for abandoning your teammates and being a spoiled jerk.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, pi2000 said:

It's so weird that Berglun is doing this.... it's one thing to if it's a Kane or Getzlaf, but Berglund?  What's his end game here?

Well, his desired outcome almost certainly is a trade to a team in a city he likes that would play him higher up in the lineup.  That way he keeps his contract and gets a preferable city and playing time situation.

11 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Would that it were true.  Having at least 3 teams that want to try to snag Berglund & get something else for their trouble but then realize after they've whetted their own appetites that there are other offers for him is the only scenario I can see where somebody other than Berglund himself (via his prior actions) gets the Sabres out of his contract without the Sabres throwing something else into the deal.

To be so close to having only 1 bad contract (not including Hodgson's buyout which trims $791k each year through '23) that runs further than next season is intriguing.

Slight tangent.  With Pominville's apparent concussion, the Sabres may actually start giving some of the Amerk forwards a chance to show what they can do on the big club.

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Would that it were true.  Having at least 3 teams that want to try to snag Berglund & get something else for their trouble but then realize after they've whetted their own appetites that there are other offers for him is the only scenario I can see where somebody other than Berglund himself (via his prior actions) gets the Sabres out of his contract without the Sabres throwing something else into the deal.

To be so close to having only 1 bad contract (not including Hodgson's buyout which trims $791k each year through '23) that runs further than next season is intriguing.

Slight tangent.  With Pominville's apparent concussion, the Sabres may actually start giving some of the Amerk forwards a chance to show what they can do on the big club.

I know we don't like to make light of an injury, but that one really should have been the Caruba collision of the game (if it wasn't).  Dude ran into a brick wall.

6 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

No GM is his right mind is taking Berglund off our hands and taking the full contract hit, unless we take a similar bad deal back.  Screw Berglund, don't give him a "win" for going AWOL by giving him an opportunity elsewhere at full $.  Terminate his contract for going AWOL and breaching his contract and trade for Johansson from NJ.  Let Berglund hook up with some other team for 650K.  Stand your ground JBOT.  Show there are severe consequences for abandoning your teammates and being a spoiled jerk.

Savage.....

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

I will tell you what will happen but no one will like it.   Willson will replace pommer , and thompson will sit for elie.

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I will tell you what will happen but no one will like it.   Willson will replace pommer , and thompson will sit for elie.

IF Wilson were healthy, that portion of the change would still be an upgrade.  He hasn't been skating though, so that isn't in the cards short term.  They have to pull up at least 1 Amerk as they are down to 12 healthy forwards.

My guess is Smith comes up & Elie goes back to designated pressbox sitter / 8th practice D-man / maintenance day F practice replacement.

looks like he was placed on unconditional waivers. from what i understand, his cap money is freed up for the sabres

https://www.diebytheblade.com/2018/12/19/18148657/buffalo-sabres-places-berglund-on-unconditional-waivers-to-terminate-contract

EDIT: changed the link from one that doesnt autoplay a video that cant be stopped

Edited by rekim

5 minutes ago, rekim said:

looks like he was placed on unconditional waivers. from what i understand, his cap money is freed up for the sabres

https://www.diebytheblade.com/2018/12/19/18148657/buffalo-sabres-places-berglund-on-unconditional-waivers-to-terminate-contract

EDIT: changed the link from one that doesnt autoplay a video that cant be stopped