GDT - Canadiens @ Sabres Nov. 23- 4PM EST

Ho-Chi-Sock

The funny thing for me is outside of the last 5 minutes I thought that was Skinner's worst game of the year and yet he still managed to score (twice).

We stunk in the second. Can you imagine how good we could be if we actually put 3 good periods together? 

The power play has to get better, that's our weakest link but that 4 on 3 in overtime was a glimpse of the future I think, and it's very bright.

11 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

The funny thing for me is outside of the last 5 minutes I thought that was Skinner's worst game of the year and yet he still managed to score (twice).

We stunk in the second. Can you imagine how good we could be if we actually put 3 good periods together? 

The power play has to get better, that's our weakest link but that 4 on 3 in overtime was a glimpse of the future I think, and it's very bright.

I thought he was terrible early on! Makes me think of how some good players and teams just sleepwalk through most of a game and then turn it on when it counts. 

Thoughts from the nosebleeds:

-Someone yelled "WE WANTED DOUGIE!!!" before the anthem. Glad to know I'm not alone. o

-As stated on here, Sabres were off today. Way too much passing, an most of those passes had Evander Kane-levels of accuraccy. Things really didn't start clicking until the last few minutes of the 3rd.

-Dahlin even looked like ass most of the game. A rare hiccup I'm sure but he was trying to be too fancy at times. However, like the team, he finally got it in gear in the closing minutes.

-Refs missed some pretty obvious calls. I don't like blaming refs but guys were getting mugged as they stood idly by. They also seemd to get their jollys from making the teams rotate players a couple of times before faceoffs.

-Eichel was P-I-S-S-E-D after the Pommers penalty. Broke his stick in half as he got to the bench.

-Crowd was on fire during the start and third. One loud guy in the nosebleeds behind the goal got the crowd going more effectively than the arena did at times.

-Sabretooth never brings the t-shirt cannons to the 300s. ? 

-Is it too late to make Hutton an alternative captain? His leadership has been worth every penny of his contract.

Going to Sabres games in the fall/winter has been a wonderful tradition the last few years. Hopefully the time comes when I can afford to do it a little more regularly. Even when they're losing, it's a blast.

Edited by Ho-Chi-Sock
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Ho-Chi-Sock said:

Thoughts from the nosebleeds:

-Dahlin even looked like ass most of the game. A rare hiccup I'm sure but he was trying to be too fancy at times. However, like the team, he finally got it in gear in the closing minutes.

I'm not sure Dahlin is trying to be too fancy, I just think that's the way he plays.  Some things he tries now don't work in the NHL and that's OK, he'll learn new moves.  If I were Phil, I wouldn't say a thing because I think Rasmus is his biggest critic.  Tell him to be himself and have fun.  The kid will learn, and learn quickly.

1 minute ago, SDS said:

70379E87-A0B9-49A5-A5D5-0005AE1D9017.jpeg

I'd give her a solid 9.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I'm not sure Dahlin is trying to be too fancy, I just think that's the way he plays.  Some things he tries now don't work in the NHL and that's OK, he'll learn new moves.  If I were Phil, I wouldn't say a thing because I think Rasmus is his biggest critic.  Tell him to be himself and have fun.  The kid will learn, and learn quickly.

Yeah I'm not worried. He's young and learning. If anything the quality of his play seemed to mirror that of the team's.

Eichel now on an 18 goal, 75 assist, 93 point pace. 

---

Schedule doesn't get much easier, eh?

After Detroit, it's two days off, then San Jose on Tuesday. One day break, then 4 games in 6 nights, including 2 back to backs. At Tampa, At Florida, then At Nashville, Home Toronto. 

1st overall, (soon to be) 2nd overall, and 4th overall in that stretch. 

Edited by Thorny

Going out to the pub for dinner and I'll wear my Sabres hat for the first time in about oh , 5 or 6 years. I'm sure I'll hear bandwagon once or twice but I've been doing this since I was about 10 so...I'll do it with pride tonight. These guys should be proud of themselves and what they've accomplished so far this year.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.