GDT - Canadiens @ Sabres Nov. 23- 4PM EST

Ho-Chi-Sock

Kind of a crappy read prior to the win (not a lot of patience for a team that overdelivered so many times already), but the thread did get better.

Skinner is amazing. For 55 minutes he was largely invisible. I mentioned to my daughter a couple times that he just didn’t seem to have it today. And then two clutch goals with stunning body control and hand-eye that I’m not not sure any other Sabre since Lafontaine could have pulled off.

Jack Eichel had a great game. He applying his skill to what the game needs from him, instead of constantly trying to bend it to his will.

He has matured into the player we need him to be.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

For the past two years the PP has been fantastic but they would lose.  I'm fine with this right now.  Granted, I hope it gets better.

This was the most concerned I had been.  Montreal looks like they have the Sabres number on the forecheck, even going back to last game, and the Sabres found a way to win... again.

It's good.  real good.

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Skinner and Eichel is just magic, they are glue. man we got to sign this kid even if it costs us 8x8.

Just saw the game. Totally agree on this. If it means moving someone like Sam so be it. Let’s not forget we have guys developing in the system and future draft picks along with what Sam could fetch in return. 

Awesome game but it seemed like the puck was bouncing a lot in the first. I thought that might hurt us somehow but it looked like Skinner batted the GTG out of the air. 

5 man PP needs a retooling. Opposition is clogging the left side. Split the one timer focus between Jack on the left wall and Dahlin on the right wall.

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Kind of a crappy read prior to the win (not a lot of patience for a team that overdelivered so many times already), but the thread did get better.

Skinner is amazing. For 55 minutes he was largely invisible. I mentioned to my daughter a couple times that he just didn’t seem to have it today. And then two clutch goals with stunning body control and hand-eye that I’m not not sure any other Sabre since Lafontaine could have pulled off.

Jack Eichel had a great game. He applying his skill to what the game needs from him, instead of constantly trying to bend it to his will.

For the record my posts will always be the pessimistic reverse mojo attempts

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

To the learned ....  would I be articulate to a hockey guy if I reconciled my last two days posts regarding Eichel’ development to your post by saying ....  he’s bending important moments to his will?

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LTS said:

For the past two years the PP has been fantastic but they would lose.  I'm fine with this right now.  Granted, I hope it gets better.

This was the most concerned I had been.  Montreal looks like they have the Sabres number on the forecheck, even going back to last game, and the Sabres found a way to win... again.

It's good.  real good.

How was it 0-3 when they scored in OT on the PP?

• Thanks (+1) 1

I'm amazed at Dahlins' ability to play the defensive position at the NHL level.

Risto attempted a give and go play with a transition between the legs which almost worked at the beginning of the 3rd period. Nice try.

Our D is much better than last year, it's exciting to watch.

Edited by hockeyhound

Wow, Jack made a great effort to hustle back and break up a play while covering for BOGO late in the 3rd.

SKINNER! Picks the puck out of the air and backhands it in!!!! What a 3rd period!!

Let's Go Buffalo!

Great job Risto to draw the penalty!

SKINNER! AGAIN. Score VICTORY!

Edited by hockeyhound

1 hour ago, Neo said:

To the learned ....  would I be articulate to a hockey guy if I reconciled my last two days posts regarding Eichel’ development to your post by saying ....  he’s bending important moments to his will?

I don’t think we are on different pages here: it’s his maturity in taking what that the game gives him that allows him to rise to the occasion; instead of charging the windmall on his stallion again and again, he is employing covert sorties, bombing runs, and/or feints before circling around to the backdoor - whatever the situation calls for.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ... said:

Some YouTube...

So, they gave props to the fans.  I don't recall the last time I was at a game where the atmosphere is like this:

Good stuff. Always love being up top and still having people shout at the refs like they can hear them.

Tight game, Montreal played a great road game and seemed to have the Sabres bottled up for two periods after the initial start.   Puck was bouncing a lot over their sticks and they just seemed a step slow.  But it seems the Sabres have another gear especially late in games and other teams just can't handle them.  They are lot more physical on D and their forecheck all four lines just seems to wear on other teams.  Conditioning is part of it, but the ability to forecheck hard with four lines is special.  I do think Scandella needs a break and Baloo played crappy... would rather see Nelson, he seems a lot calmer with the puck, but the top 4 D are playing the best I have seen Sabres D play in a long time.  Was hoping to see Pilut step in but he probably won't get a chance until they lose a game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.