GDT - Dastardly Flyers @ Delightful Sabres, 7:30pm (8:30 NS time) NBCSN, 11/21/2018

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Yeah, that is someone who eats and lifts not cardio and starve. 

Way too ripped. I can appreciate physical fitness but that whole super ripped thing isn’t attractive, on either sex. I workout and burn a gazillion calories but when my body fat starts to dip too low I eat more. Don’t get me wrong. I like to have abs but I don’t need to see every single muscle fiber in your body. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

But who would you take out of the lineup for him.

Oh, I wasn’t suggesting any “stronger line-up” wish.  I have no answer for you in that context.

The thought occurred to me as the crowd roared its appreciation for the Sabres and their effort.   I remember Weber enduring the pain and ignominy of the hometown fans cheering Sam Gagner’s’ overtime goal in Buffalo during the tank.  Front offices tank, not players.  Weber, the warrior, suffered that most terrible double pain of the wound, itself, and the knowledge that it occurred during an unworthy pursuit.

My fantasy for Weber?  We beat Arizona, take Dylan Strome 3rd, improve to the point of not getting Dahlin, and Weber’s on the third pair during last night’s win.  An old school honorable route to the same place.

Full disclosure -  while i didn’t cheer Gagner, I was sure glad we didn’t screw up the tank, once it was underway.  I would confess to Weber ... once the die was cast, I sold my soul.

Edited by Neo

18 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

With three number ones coming.

I'm assuming those (3) #1's will be mid to late round picks that will take a fair amount of developing. Also, if the Blues continue playing like they have we won't get their 1st rounder this year.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

My lord there’s some serious learning needed for some people here. What kind of comment is this? That woman is incredibly fit.

Yes, I can see an excellent fit in that.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

I'm assuming those (3) #1's will be mid to late round picks that will take a fair amount of developing. Also, if the Blues continue playing like they have we won't get their 1st rounder this year.

Which is fine for us since we don’t need guys that are ready to step in within two years anyway. As long as we’re still getting talent, we can wait a few years before it’s ready and when we’ll need some lower priced guys then anyway (assuming we re-sign everyone we need to!). 

And, yeah, kinda thinking we should just count on our 1st and the one from SJ for 2019 at this point. 

Edited by Robviously

4 hours ago, Ogre said:

I can’t look at that pic without wanting to buy that poor girl a cheeseburger or two.

6 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

Yes, I can see an excellent fit in that.

Mine would't fit 

At this point is it right to expect the Sabres to win rather than looking at a win as a plus to an improved product? These guys are having fun and scoring seems to come from all over. I remember when I hoped they would win but now I feel like they are capable of beating any team.

As for the picture in question, some of you may know what a hog board is. Just a thought but I get it if this isn’t the place.

9 minutes ago, RambosKnife said:

At this point is it right to expect the Sabres to win rather than looking at a win as a plus to an improved product? These guys are having fun and scoring seems to come from all over. I remember when I hoped they would win but now I feel like they are capable of beating any team.

As for the picture in question, some of you may know what a hog board is. Just a thought but I get it if this isn’t the place.

I think your first question deserves it's own thread.  "Are the franchise's and the fan's expectations changing for the rest of the season?" is an excellent question. 

7 hours ago, Hoss said:

My lord there’s some serious learning needed for some people here. What kind of comment is this? That woman is incredibly fit.

What “learning” do I need again? 

What kind of comment?  I DON’T LIKE SKINNY MUSCLED WOMEN.

I’m as tolerant and “woke” as they come. I’ve also battled with gaining weight my entire life. Such low body fat that you could count every single vein in my body. I’ve come to detest it. I don’t like that look on people, male or female and I’ve worked my GD ass off to change my own body.

You need not carry the torch of tolerance and attempt to burn the ass of anyone who doesn’t use the language that you’ve deemed acceptable.

What is an acceptable look for fitness anyway? I’ve seen people with that very look that woman has be fitness fanatics and sadly enough, I’ve also seen that look on addicts.

I don’t appreciate the condescending tone. If you have a great lesson to teach me , son, then get to it it. 

As for me? I find a woman with soft lines and curves sexy as hell. I don’t need your permission or blessing either.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Ogre said:

What “learning” do I need again? 

What kind of comment?  I DON’T LIKE SKINNY MUSCLED WOMEN.

I’m as tolerant and “woke” as they come. I’ve also battled with gaining weight my entire life. Such low body fat that you could count every single vein in my body. I’ve come to detest it. I don’t like that look on people, male or female and I’ve worked my GD ass off to change my own body.

You need not carry the torch of tolerance and attempt to burn the ass of anyone who doesn’t use the language that you’ve deemed acceptable.

What is an acceptable look for fitness anyway? I’ve seen people with that very look that woman has be fitness fanatics and sadly enough, I’ve also seen that look on addicts.

I don’t appreciate the condescending tone. If you have a great lesson to teach me , son, then get to it it. 

As for me? I find a woman with soft lines and curves sexy as hell. I don’t need your permission or blessing either.

Telling someone what or how much they should or should not eat based on what you find attractive or your own personal experience is in no way “woke.”

Anecdotal evidence doesn’t help either. I’ve seen people who are bald because of genetics and I’ve seen bald because they’re part of the skinhead movement. I don’t run up to random bald people and yell “stop being racist!”

Just now, Hoss said:

Telling someone what or how much they should or should not eat based on what you find attractive or your own personal experience is in no way “woke.”

Anecdotal evidence doesn’t help either. I’ve seen people who are bald because of genetics and I’ve seen bald because they’re part of the skinhead movement. I don’t run up to random bald people and yell “stop being racist!”

If I had run up to that girl and shoved a cheeseburger into her mouth, then your analogy would stand true and your public lashing would be justified. I didn’t do that though. I made a comment on an anonymous  forum. 

Your analogy did make me grin though. I’ve been afflicted with alopecia for several years now. I get the people who are overly nice because they think I have cancer. They’ve probably looked deeply at me enough to notice that I don’t have eyelashes or eyebrows. I’m very quick to explain that I am in fact very well. I always appreciate their concern for me. I more often get the worried parent ushering their child clear of the path of the muscled skinheaded “monster”.  I’m cool with both. I have no choice.

I’ve mentioned this enough here that I’m sure you already knew this fact about me though, and tossed it in as a off colored comment. Very much like the one you accused me of. Very clever young man.

4 hours ago, RambosKnife said:

Wow two dudes arguing caused by a girl in booty shorts. And the world keeps turning. 

Shouldn’t we be talking about her advanced stats? It would be just as pointless. Stand by for triggering 3... 2... 1...

j/k BTW

Her ring entry is off the charts. One of the best in the league.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.