GDT - Dastardly Flyers @ Delightful Sabres, 7:30pm (8:30 NS time) NBCSN, 11/21/2018

LGR4GM

This was fun. A few observations from the nosebleeds:

- Rasmus Dahlin is as smooth as any player on the team with and without the puck. There was a few times I thought he made the wrong decision but it turns out he is just smarter than me in those spots (and the Philly players he fooled).

- ERod had a monster game. He had an impact nearly every shift and finally produced. Glad to see it from him. Remember when he was just a guy we brought in because he played with Jack in college?

- Jack is still the best player on the ice at almost all times. So strong. Incredibly slick. Wish he got the empty netter.

- Hutton is so in control of his movement. He won’t often make those unbelievable saves because he never lets himself get out of position for those to happen.

- Sobotka is VERY good. I wasn’t expecting it but it was very clear watching up high that he’s an important piece for this team. There were several times where a handful of us were expressing some nerves and he just took a moment and calmed everything down. He’s Carter Hutton as a forward. Calm and in position. He might score as much as Carter Hutton but there’s a lot of value in his game. Steady.

- McCabe had a monster game. He was feisty and absolutely doesn’t care who hates him. Aggressive. He became a man when we all kind of forgot about him. Pominville gushed about him, noting his injuries last year were things people didn’t notice but having him healthy is huge for the team.

- Larry has some offense in him. He just needs to apply himself more consistently and learn how to handle a hard pass.

Reinhart had a similar game to Sobotka in the way he was constantly making the play you didn’t know you needed when you needed it the most. You definitely feel there’s more there for him to get to but happy with where he’s at.

- Mittelstadt is FAST but always just a LITTLE bit away from making several big plays. He might explode.

- Skinner is all over the place. He does more when his team has the puck than I expected. They talk about moving without the ball in basketball a lot but he’s mastered moving without the puck. If you puck watch too much he’s going to kill you.

- Bogo has the yips. I found myself covering my eyes whenever he had the puck with pressure on him in his own zone. Something in his head right now.

- Beaulieu had a bad night. Didn’t really do anything positive and had several notable bad moments.

• Like (+1) 9

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

First 7 game winning streak for this team in twelve years!

Enjoy this run while it lasts.

It's a great stat, but I do like that we are past the point of it being a "because the Sabres have sucked" stat. 7 games is a legit streak, no matter our recent past history. 

30 minutes ago, Hoss said:

This was fun. A few observations from the nosebleeds:

- Rasmus Dahlin is as smooth as any player on the team with and without the puck. There was a few times I thought he made the wrong decision but it turns out he is just smarter than me in those spots (and the Philly players he fooled).

- ERod had a monster game. He had an impact nearly every shift and finally produced. Glad to see it from him. Remember when he was just a guy we brought in because he played with Jack in college?

- Jack is still the best player on the ice at almost all times. So strong. Incredibly slick. Wish he got the empty netter.

- Hutton is so in control of his movement. He won’t often make those unbelievable saves because he never lets himself get out of position for those to happen.

- Sobotka is VERY good. I wasn’t expecting it but it was very clear watching up high that he’s an important piece for this team. There were several times where a handful of us were expressing some nerves and he just took a moment and calmed everything down. He’s Carter Hutton as a forward. Calm and in position. He might score as much as Carter Hutton but there’s a lot of value in his game. Steady.

- McCabe had a monster game. He was feisty and absolutely doesn’t care who hates him. Aggressive. He became a man when we all kind of forgot about him. Pominville gushed about him, noting his injuries last year were things people didn’t notice but having him healthy is huge for the team.

- Larry has some offense in him. He just needs to apply himself more consistently and learn how to handle a hard pass.

Reinhart had a similar game to Sobotka in the way he was constantly making the play you didn’t know you needed when you needed it the most. You definitely feel there’s more there for him to get to but happy with where he’s at.

- Mittelstadt is FAST but always just a LITTLE bit away from making several big plays. He might explode.

- Skinner is all over the place. He does more when his team has the puck than I expected. They talk about moving without the ball in basketball a lot but he’s mastered moving without the puck. If you puck watch too much he’s going to kill you.

- Bogo has the yips. I found myself covering my eyes whenever he had the puck with pressure on him in his own zone. Something in his head right now.

- Beaulieu had a bad night. Didn’t really do anything positive and had several notable bad moments.

Agree with literally all of this and glad you posted it. I randomly had a thought during the game that I was so happy we had Sobotka on the team, and he seemed like just a warm body we got back when we made that trade. He’s a steady player for us. I also loved that ERod had a monster game. He’s not the most skilled player by any means but he’s one of the most alert players I’ve ever seen and has an amazing sense for where to go or when an opportunity is there. I feel like he could contribute on any line if we needed him to. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.