GDT - Dastardly Flyers @ Delightful Sabres, 7:30pm (8:30 NS time) NBCSN, 11/21/2018

LGR4GM

5 minutes ago, Tondas said:

It's actually fun to look at the standings again.

Yes, Yes, Yes...

It's nice to see them winning. I love this team. We've waited a long time for days like this, and when things are tough it's sure is nice to see our team kick butt.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Edited by hockeyhound

Yep. At least the Sabres secured a win to keep me from going crazy on the Spectrum people right now for 72 hours of intermittent internet service.

Not happy they backed off in the game, but the first period was a blast.  The Flyers got a wake up call in the intermission.

Nothing else to say... that's 7.. no way you can complain right now.

41 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Evan Rodrigues... legit. 

A lot of energy tonight for sure. I'm thinking we now have a team they want to play for, want to be part of. Guys give it extra after sitting out. Would be nice if this becomes the case moving forward.

Flyers are always slow to start and good in the third so Hutton saved us, but man this is FUN to watch!

The first period was probably my best experience in the arena in nearly a decade. The Sabres were flying and the fans were completely bought in. I can’t remember the last time I heard so many strong “Let’s Go Buffalo!” chants, and there was a standing ovation when the period ended.

Then there was the rest of the game. The Sabres didn’t need to keep our-scoring the Flyers by 4 goals per period but they completely backed off in the 2nd and played without really any urgency. There was just a smattering of applause for 2nd intermission and the Flyers almost made it 4-3 on their first shift of the 3rd. 

It would have been nice to not have to have Hutton bail us out again, but hopefully they learn from this. We’re good, but not nearly good enough to back off like that. 

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Robviously said:

The first period was probably my best experience in the arena in nearly a decade. The Sabres were flying and the fans were completely bought in. I can’t remember the last time I heard so many strong “Let’s Go Buffalo!” chants, and there was a standing ovation when the period ended.

Then there was the rest of the game. The Sabres didn’t need to keep our-scoring the Flyers by 4 goals per period but they completely backed off in the 2nd and played without really any urgency. There was just a smattering of applause for 2nd intermission and the Flyers almost made it 4-3 on their first shift of the 3rd. 

It would have been nice to not have to have Hutton bail us out again, but hopefully they learn from this. We’re good, but not nearly good enough to back off like that. 

Funny you write this.

Watching at home on NBC Sports Network, and witnessing the Sabres' onslaught in the first period, I paused for a moment and genuinely thought: "This is probably the best I have seen this team play, at home, in a first period, in many years."

There was genuine atmosphere and drama going there for a while, the sort of thing that is normally totally absent from NHL regular season games now.  

I wish we had kept our foot on the gas pedal a bit more,  but I think the team realized the game was over at the first intermission.

Onto the Habs on Friday!  Would love to see us stomp them as well.

Anyone have video of that McCabe hit at the end?

And Gudas did SOMETHING to Dahlin. Dahlin gave him a pretty vicious slash back. The ref let it all go. Didn't catch the first thing.

The first period was electric. Best atmosphere for a game I've been to ever. The second and third were stinkers. I had Flyers fans around me. I fell on top of one trying to catch some socks from Sabretooth. 

The DJ thing they have going on there is dreadful. 

I think the arena was the loudest groaning after Risto's shot just barely trickled wide. I looked at my girlfriend and we were just like "woah." Not because of the chance, because of the noise. For reference, the two games I've been to with her were the 3-1 loss against Arizona last March, and the 3-2 loss against the Islanders the April before. 

Larry's snipe was just sick. The fight was fun too. It is a lot harder to analyze games live, but it's way more fun to watch 'em that way. I thought Jack had a meh game, but I think he needs an assist on that first goal, no Flyer had possession/control or anything. His effort at the end was brilliant. 

The Sam-Tage-Sobotka line was quite bad after a strong showing in Pitt, but I don't think any one particular member was bad. They just struggled a lot as a group against a Flyers team that woke up for two periods we were content to sit back through. 

I hate the Flyers. They're the only team I've seen us play in the playoffs more than once. 

Go Sabres! WE WANT 8!

Also, heard an "OOH, AH, SABRES ON THE WARPATH" thing going pretty strong after the game.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.