Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Shane Doan is going to be a pallbearer at John McCain's memorial service:  https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/shane-doan-pallbearer-john-mccains-memorial/

Apparently, McCain was a huge Coyotes fan and wanted them to let him down one last time.*

*Yes I stole this and no I'm not ashamed of it.

McCain would have laughed.

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The. Ruins were right about Tyler Seguin.

In what way? And certainly not to the extent that it made sense to trade him for, what I think according to the trade tree now, is almost literally nothing.

It's funny that both Taylor and Tyler were traded in terrible deals.

Edited by Thorny

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Oh, Seguin is very talented and the return on the trade sucked.

And he is a douchebag who has scored exactly one playoff goal in the past five years.

Which is one more than anyone wearing a Sabre uni has scored in the past 1/2 dozen seasons.  (No, no real point being made there.  Just using as a comparison.)

51 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Oh, Seguin is very talented and the return on the trade sucked.

And he is a douchebag who has scored exactly one playoff goal in the past five years.

“Thank god we got rid of that extremely skilled douche bag for a handful of nothing.”

They were “right” that he’s a little douchier publicly than other also douchey Hockey players but that in no way means they were “right” overall in their handling of the situation. A ton of hockey players are douchebags. A ton of good ones. Ones that win. Ones that lose.

Seguin is not a douche because he’s frustrated to be going into the last year of his deal without a resolution. John Tavares just walked in free agency but if he had made his emotions clearer from the beginning there’s a decent chance New York doesn’t lose him for nothing. Plenty of players publicly state they aren’t happy with their contract situation. Plenty of players end up leaving. This doesn’t make Boston right in any regard.

21 minutes ago, Hoss said:

“Thank god we got rid of that extremely skilled douche bag for a handful of nothing.”

They were “right” that he’s a little douchier publicly than other also douchey Hockey players but that in no way means they were “right” overall in their handling of the situation. A ton of hockey players are douchebags. A ton of good ones. Ones that win. Ones that lose.

Seguin is not a douche because he’s frustrated to be going into the last year of his deal without a resolution. John Tavares just walked in free agency but if he had made his emotions clearer from the beginning there’s a decent chance New York doesn’t lose him for nothing. Plenty of players publicly state they aren’t happy with their contract situation. Plenty of players end up leaving. This doesn’t make Boston right in any regard.

I didn’t say the Bruins made a good trade, and I didn’t say Seguin is a douche because he expressed frustration over his contract.

I said the Bruins were right about Seguin, and what I meant by that is that he is not the sort of person I would want working for me, especially in a leadership role that involves a large contract investment.

The fact that Boston “lost” the trade, yet have enjoyed much more success than the Stars in its aftermath is not proof that I am right in my opinion about Seguin. Neither is the fact that Seguin is expressing frustration over the fact the Stars have yet to give him what he wants.

This doesn’t make Boston wrong in any regard.

Edited by dudacek

17 hours ago, dudacek said:

I didn’t say the Bruins made a good trade, and I didn’t say Seguin is a douche because he expressed frustration over his contract.

I said the Bruins were right about Seguin, and what I meant by that is that he is not the sort of person I would want working for me, especially in a leadership role that involves a large contract investment.

The fact that Boston “lost” the trade, yet have enjoyed much more success than the Stars in its aftermath is not proof that I am right in my opinion about Seguin. Neither is the fact that Seguin is expressing frustration over the fact the Stars have yet to give him what he wants.

This doesn’t make Boston wrong in any regard.

Congratulations on agreeing with your own previously held view? 

7 hours ago, WildCard said:

Creator of Corsica has us projected with the lowest point total

That guy also raged about how O’Reilly was our best player. He wasn’t. He said something about how it’s crazy to think the team will improve much if at all after getting rid of their best player.