Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Anyone have some time, I'd love to know the average s% for a guy with his shot totals, and the leaderboards of s% for the same thing. I have a feeling he is well beyond the norm this season

I found this article from 2016 but it has some good information. For example, at the time the league leader in sh% was Stamkos at 17.1%

https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/5057624-take-a-look-at-these-outrageous-nhl-shooting-percentages

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I certainly don't think he's a consistent 40-goal scorer, but I think he's really good and probably scores 20 regularly. If he puts up 20 and 45 while playing quality defense, he'd be a steal at $6.5M.

Don't know Vegas lost Neal and Perron , Don't know who his wingers were, but I expect him getting less points.

Not totally sure this is the thread for it, but Anders Nilsson did an article (in Swedish) about homosexuality in hockey. Here's a link to the reddit thread where someone translated it: r/hockey Nilsson thread

Top comment is worth a look too: "He goes more in-depth in the article. It’s a really good read. I paraphrase: “They say there’s 3-4 hidden gay people on every team. Absolutely not. They all stopped when they were younger due to the culture.” 

I know I'm the resident SJW annoying person on this board but it's pretty interesting. There's a lot more to learn about You Can Play than just wrapping your blade in pride tape. 

37 minutes ago, josie said:

Not totally sure this is the thread for it, but Anders Nilsson did an article (in Swedish) about homosexuality in hockey. Here's a link to the reddit thread where someone translated it: r/hockey Nilsson thread

Top comment is worth a look too: "He goes more in-depth in the article. It’s a really good read. I paraphrase: “They say there’s 3-4 hidden gay people on every team. Absolutely not. They all stopped when they were younger due to the culture.” 

I know I'm the resident SJW annoying person on this board but it's pretty interesting. There's a lot more to learn about You Can Play than just wrapping your blade in pride tape. 

Interviewed Nilsson about the You Can Play stuff when the Sabres had their night two years ago. He’s been a great ambassador. He’s definitrly (mostly) right. There are certainly some individuals across all sports who are closeted.

I believe it was You Can Play who put out a few years ago that a prominent QB in the NFL is gay and allowed them to vaguely share that fact. They mentioned they had multiple people from each of the four major sports who had contacted them about the possibility of coming out.

Edited by Hoss

9 hours ago, WildCard said:

@lukefoxjukebox
William Nylander says he wants a long-term contract with Maple Leafs as opposed to a bridge deal.

@reporterchris
William Karlsson/Vegas Golden Knights salary arbitration filings

Player ask: $6.5M
Team offer: $3.5M

Hearing is scheduled for Saturday.

Rumor Blues Parayko for Nylander... not sure validity but interesting trade stuff heating up now, especially with Skinner trade: https://t.co/ZKr7gUzqAo?amp=1

28 minutes ago, Eleven said:

OK, now I truly have no idea what is going on up there.

The second those arbitration figures came out, this was the most likely scenario.  They keep him around without breaking their back on the price tag and he gets a sizeable raise.  They then move him at the deadline and he hits free agency during the summer.

Cody Ceci is like Risto - his team assumes that because he CAN play the minutes he does, he's GOOD at them, when on-ice results for years indicate it's not the case. 

FTR, Risto is better and has more upside than Ceci. But both would do a lot better if viewed by their coaches differently. 

12 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Great deal for Vegas, terrible for Karlsson

Meh, I think it’s a fine deal for both sides. There’s no evidence that what he did last season is repeatable. Sure, he would’ve loved an 8x8 deal but that was never going to happen. Do it again and get your big deal next year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Gibson’s deal. 8 years. 6.4 million average annual value.

With Anaheim 

Good term but maybe a little bit of an overpayment. That said, it'll look good in a few years as long as his play doesn't fall off a cliff.