Round 3: 2018 NHL Playoffs

LGR4GM

William Karlsson 2015 - 2016, 81 games - - - 9 goals 11 assists with CBJ 
William Karlsson 2016 - 2017, 81 games - - - 6 goals 19 assists with CBJ 
William Karlsson 2017 - 2018, 82 games - - - 43 goals 35 assists with VGK 

Yeah not really talking about him, but with the campdump they also gave away a 1st and 2nd.

William Karlsson 2015 - 2016, 81 games - - - 9 goals 11 assists with CBJ

William Karlsson 2016 - 2017, 81 games - - - 6 goals 19 assists with CBJ

William Karlsson 2017 - 2018, 82 games - - - 43 goals 35 assists with VGK

Steroids, clearly.

Who's chasing off Ducky?

I like Ducky.

But how is "Sabres"Billfan coming to a Sabres message board and shouting "Yeahhhh we're going to win the cup" not trolling? It's certainly not just talking about the third round of the playoffs.

And for the record, millbank chased off millbank. He always does. He'll also be back. He always comes back.

Read Eleven's comment about him taking off.  That's what I was referring to regarding Ducky.

As for millbank, he shouldn't feel like he has to go away.  That said, are you insinuating that he's his own problem and that no one on here is the driving factor in why he feels the need to take off?

As for SabresBillsFan... he is in a town that is going crazy for a team.  It's a moment you get caught up in.  I am sure I would be caught up in it as well if I lived there. No need to try and tarnish his high.  When the day comes that the Sabres win the Cup, do you want to live in that moment without having to hear some sour grapes from other people?  I am sure you can say you'd tune it out, but wouldn't it be that much better if others were happy for you, a Sabres fan who has suffered for so long, to have finally known the feeling for your team to win?  I would be... and as such I want others to at least enjoy that feeling.  Why not?  Whether Vegas wins or loses, or any other team wins or loses, the bottom line doesn't change for the team I root for and frankly, if the team I root for is losing it must mean that another team is winning and as such, I should blame my own team for allowing that to happen and not blame others.

"HOORAY FOR OTHER TEAMS!!!!"

Mating call of the loser.

And you don't like other people telling you how to feel... but are doing the same thing.  Pot, kettle...

millbank was not chased off. That whole interaction was as benign a thing as could happen between fans on a message board. 

Was it?  Is that your assumption?  My assumption is that it was hardly benign.

Not to get into that particular argument, but since GODD and X, you are the only person to leave this board because of the board. 

And making vague accusations about the nature of the board you haven't read for months just looks silly.

Meh.  It's starting to get to the point where this place is getting worse than a facebook comments section.  And more importantly.. he's right.  There are far fewer people around here today sharing great thoughts... because anyone who even feints an interest in something other than the Sabres misery gets blasted to kingdom come.  The intolerance for the team's performance has manifested itself into an intolerance for posters. 

I'm the only one to leave the board? This place is a ghost town compared to a couple of years ago, and its not because of the Sabres' incompetence. 

Sorry. 

And I have read the board, just had absolutely no desire to debate. I already regret jumping back in. 

I'll be laughing my ass off when Gallant wins the Cup. Have a good night. 

You're not wrong on the ghost town statement.  The rest is not anything I need to jump into.

I've always been more than good with Ducky. Maybe I just don't post/read enough (?).

Me too.  It was one comment, that was following in the vein of the get out of town you Vegas convert which piled on top of the millbank situation from only a few weeks ago.  It bothers me because if all that is left on these forums is a bunch of people who want to find fault in everything because their team is not winning then it won't be worthwhile to be here anymore.

Slept on it, and I'm now even more amazed and astonished at what Las Vegas has accomplished. What a fantastic story.

Sure, if Leicester had been able to pick a good-to-very good player from every other premier league team, and had been given an All-Star keeper to boot.

Well, it's a bit apples and oranges, innit?

I'm just speaking to the baseline improbability of what both clubs did.

I love sports.

I've always been more than good with Ducky. Maybe I just don't post/read enough (?).

Everyone has always been more than good with Ducky. He's a fine non-Sabre fan poster. Everyone except you know who, who seems to get away with murder here from time to time with personal attacks.

Read Eleven's comment about him taking off.  That's what I was referring to regarding Ducky.

As for millbank, he shouldn't feel like he has to go away.  That said, are you insinuating that he's his own problem and that no one on here is the driving factor in why he feels the need to take off?

As for SabresBillsFan... he is in a town that is going crazy for a team.  It's a moment you get caught up in.  I am sure I would be caught up in it as well if I lived there. No need to try and tarnish his high.  When the day comes that the Sabres win the Cup, do you want to live in that moment without having to hear some sour grapes from other people?  I am sure you can say you'd tune it out, but wouldn't it be that much better if others were happy for you, a Sabres fan who has suffered for so long, to have finally known the feeling for your team to win?  I would be... and as such I want others to at least enjoy that feeling.  Why not?  Whether Vegas wins or loses, or any other team wins or loses, the bottom line doesn't change for the team I root for and frankly, if the team I root for is losing it must mean that another team is winning and as such, I should blame my own team for allowing that to happen and not blame others.

Who's blaming anyone? I know all this. I can't stand my team right now and haven't for a while.

I am quite confident, though, that "Sabres"Billsfan and will be just fine without my support. As will all the other Vegas fans. I know this because when the Sabres finally win the Cup (please God), I know that I will not need hugs from other fans when it happens. I'll be just fine without them.

I will also not go on their message boards and say "Yeah! We won the Cup!"

Sabresbillsfan has been a member of this community for nine years and contributed over 2200 posts. The city he relocated to received an expansion team that he adopted as his second team so many of you want him to go away? Really?

Sabresbillsfan has been a member of this community for nine years and contributed over 2200 posts. The city he relocated to received an expansion team that he adopted as his second team so many of you want him to go away? Really?

To be honest, I’m not fond of what he has said to us.

1. He’s going after us Sabres fans for being sour over the Golden Knights.

2. His put downs on the Sabres franchise, while partially true, came off as we were the idiots for staying loyal to the Sabres and that somehow we had a part in that.

^

Just saw a RT that secondary markets for game tickets in Washington are falling like a ... well, they're dropping faster than ... .

Point being: Caps fans, as a group, are showing themselves to be bandwagoners.

Game 6 elimination game is reason and cause to SHOW UP, people.

Best Sabres game I ever attended was the 2006 ECF Game 6 in Buffalo. 

I tell you one thing I’ve noticed about Vegas: when the puck goes into Brayden McNabb’s corner, it very quickly ends up on Brayden McNabbs stick and out of the Vegas zone. And the forechecking forward usually ends up with a bruise.

Kid looks a lot better at hockey than he did in LA. He’s been a machine on defence.

I tell you one thing I’ve noticed about Vegas: when the puck goes into Brayden McNabb’s corner, it very quickly ends up on Brayden McNabbs stick and out of the Vegas zone. And the forechecking forward usually ends up with a bruise.

Kid looks a lot better at hockey than he did in LA. He’s been a machine on defence.

I've noticed he's quite slow, but usually his stick work and size and hitting make up for it. If you chip it just right you can make him Pay

That bag of pucks we got in exchange for him will sure come in handy. Tim Murray was the worst GM in Sabre history 

I've noticed he's quite slow, but usually his stick work and size and hitting make up for it. If you chip it just right you can make him Pay

His speed hurts him in defending transition, but his positioning has improved and he’s really cut down on the bad pinches.

But what I’ve noticed is how good he’s become in his own zone. I wish they kept a stat on loose puck battles, because he seems to win 80 percent of them. The jets have a ton of strong and slippery forwards and he’s been consistently swallowing up their cycle.

^

Just saw a RT that secondary markets for game tickets in Washington are falling like a ... well, they're dropping faster than ... .

Point being: Caps fans, as a group, are showing themselves to be bandwagoners.

Game 6 elimination game is reason and cause to SHOW UP, people.

Best Sabres game I ever attended was the 2006 ECF Game 6 in Buffalo.

I have never in my life heard a full arena go as totally silent as when Juneau scores that goal. Just fifteen seconds of nothing. Nobody even moved.

Walking down the stairs out of the 300 level someone shouted “Thank you, Sabres for a great season!” The instant volley of abuse that guy got from almost everyone else was as sad as it was predictable.

Sports fans are special. Myself definitely included.

For the record, my intention was not to tell him not to come around, but was really my prediction that with nothing to gloat about, he won't be around until next season.

Edited by Eleven

I have never in my life heard a full arena go as totally silent as when Juneau scores that goal. Just fifteen seconds of nothing. Nobody even moved.

Walking down the stairs out of the 300 level someone shouted “Thank you, Sabres for a great season!” The instant volley of abuse that guy got from almost everyone else was as sad as it was predictable.

Sports fans are special. Myself definitely included.

I am confusion. 2006 ECF?

I think the "get lost" comments upthread directed at SabresBillsFan and Ducky were out of line and frankly disappointing. 

It's OK to be envious of VGK's success.  It's certainly OK, and interesting, to debate whether the NHL was too generous to VGK in the expansion draft (I do not think they were too generous, but that's another conversation.)  And Ducky has crossed the line from time to time (although not in a long time I think).  But neither of them did anything remotely close to where they would've earned a "get lost." 

The posters who "contributed" that poop nugget are much better than that.

For the record, my intention was not to tell him not to come around, but was really my prediction that with nothing to gloat about, he won't be around until next season.

Understood.  Perhaps when reading it within the recent contexts it just came across as extra harsh to me. I'm moving on. 

I fully accept where people are at with this team and misery it creates within.  Truthfully, I just want us, as a social community, to be better and happier.   We all suffer, to some degree, with how this organization performs.  Perhaps my approach isn't the best either.

Is there no "ignore" choice on here? If someone doesn't want to read my comments, ignore me. Simple. No, not you, the solution. I am on this board 3-4 times a week but sometimes don't even sign on. This is a Sabres' forum and I don't know the history or the make up of the team and organization of the team as well as most posters which is why I mainly comment with my opinions on what I think of certain players or people in management.

I had to look up what comeuppance was because I thought my definition was wrong...it wasn't. Not sure what you meant by the comment but water off of a Ducky's back. Find the ignore button if I am too smug now that I have got my comeuppance...

The Jets will be back in the playoffs. Whether they can get out of the division is the question. There's still a few gems in the system that will join the team in the next few years.

My thoughts on your Sabres going forward is that you  might have to get a bit worse or stay the same as you integrate some of the younger players into the system and live with a another year or two of pain before you start seeing the youngsters pay off. There's a pretty good core of players to build around after you get Dahlin and a starting goalie. I don't think GMJB is going to trade away high draft picks like GMTM did.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.