Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Don't think any player from Tampa will want to come  here, But Killorn and Palat would be of interest to us it seems.

But wouldn't offer more than a 2nd and a prospect.

Could also see them trying to dump the Callahan contract on us, but then I want Erne involved.    Hmm thought he was better than this.

Maybe something like Killorn + Callahan for our 3rd and Bailey dunno.

Erne is young and got hurt last year, but drove play when he was on the ice.

Erne is older than both Bailey and Baptiste (and Fasching for good measure). He's not somebody that interests me in the slightest.

IF we were the team to take on Callahan I'd want something better than that. It'd likely just have to be a pick or prospect since clearing Callahan would give Tampa enough room to take in Karlsson until his extension kicks in next offseason.

I'm only interested in Callahan if we can get Taylor Raddysh or Anthony Cirelli.

36 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Erne is older than both Bailey and Baptiste (and Fasching for good measure). He's not somebody that interests me in the slightest.

IF we were the team to take on Callahan I'd want something better than that. It'd likely just have to be a pick or prospect since clearing Callahan would give Tampa enough room to take in Karlsson until his extension kicks in next offseason.

I'm only interested in Callahan if we can get Taylor Raddysh or Anthony Cirelli.

Im good with that too, Erne however can play and came into his own before he got hurt.

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Man, there were two journalists who reported the trade was done and being called in. What a quick high followed by a low. The two sides must be close I would imagine

Edited by The Dominator
Still getting used to the new forum setup

2 minutes ago, The Dominator said:

Man, there were two journalists who reported the trade was done and being called in. What a quick high followed by a low. The two sides must be close I would imagine

I've only seen one report that a trade call was being done, but I don't trust any of them as much as I trust Friedman. I do imagine this thing gets done with all the noise around it.

Just now, Hoss said:

I've only seen one report that a trade call was being done, but I don't trust any of them as much as I trust Friedman. I do imagine this thing gets done with all the noise around it.

Agreed completely. Friedman and McKenzie are as solid as they come.

Friedman is the go-to with McKenzie and Dreger, so i think theres been some kind of hold up here and maybe not as advanced as the TSN reporter previously thought, but, with all the rumors the past few days and now this, i think it's a matter of crossing the T's and dotting the I's at this point. If we don't hear anything else about this tonight, i'm sure it'll drop at some point tomorrow.

Or maybe this will be like the Mike Hoffman trade and be completed at like 7am. Dorian might just be a night owl.

I will say, if Tampa sends a good player with Callahan to facilitate this, I'll be at least mildly disappointed (depending on the name) if we're not involved in the final deal. Yzerman may not want to do it in division if it's a name like Johnson or Palat, but I'd like to think this is the sort of thing Botterill would want to be in on to upgrade the forwards.

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

I will say, if Tampa sends a good player with Callahan to facilitate this, I'll be at least mildly disappointed (depending on the name) if we're not involved in the final deal. Yzerman may not want to do it in division if it's a name like Johnson or Palat, but I'd like to think this is the sort of thing Botterill would want to be in on to upgrade the forwards.

It's almost certainly the third team is the NYR.

I saw someone speculate that, since it's rumored that a 3rd team is involved for salary reasons, the trade could be in a review stage because the league processes them one at a time and the right pieces need to be available in the right order/at the right times for the trades to be approved/correct or whatever.

I don’t get this thought that Tampa wouldn’t want to send the cap dump portion inside the division. Ottawa is already inside the division and they’d definitely be sending something of value there. Also, if you have to send a decent forward to someone else in your division in order to get Karlsson, you send a decent forward to someone else in the division. 

49 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I don’t get the feeling they’ll need to add a player like Palat or Johnson to get a team to take Callahan. TB accomplishes their current offseason cap goal by moving Callahan so they wouldn’t need to shed Johnson/Palat immediately, and the acquiring team likely wouldn’t want to take on Callahan AND another salary of that amount at this point in the offseason.

17 minutes ago, Skurk Liger said:

Karlsson wants to move to the same state a certain someone's significant other is also in... doesn't seem smart. 

Wasn't most of it digital harassment?  Also, it's a large state lol.

8 hours ago, Hoss said:

I don’t get the feeling they’ll need to add a player like Palat or Johnson to get a team to take Callahan. TB accomplishes their current offseason cap goal by moving Callahan so they wouldn’t need to shed Johnson/Palat immediately, and the acquiring team likely wouldn’t want to take on Callahan AND another salary of that amount at this point in the offseason.

I'm thinking from another team's perspective. What kind of buffoon of a GM takes on Callahan's albatross for two years without a significant asset coming along with it?

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'm thinking from another team's perspective. What kind of buffoon of a GM takes on Callahan's albatross for two years without a significant asset coming along with it?

I wouldn’t call anything of two years an albatross. And I imagine they’ll get a significant asset but more in the form of a first or top prospect, not another expensive asset. Especially since the acquiring team will have no use for someone like Johnson who is 27.

Edited by Hoss

5 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I wouldn’t call anything of two years an albatross. And I imagine they’ll get a significant asset but more in the form of a first or top prospect, not another expensive asset. Especially since the acquiring team will have no use for someone like Johnson who is 27.

Prospect maybe. But we definitely disagree on the significance of a 1st from a team that could win the Cup.

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Prospect maybe. But we definitely disagree on the significance of a 1st from a team that could win the Cup.

Once your down in that range, a 1st is really just a 1st in name only.

And Callahan may only have 2 years left, but it's semantics on what to call that contract. If not an albatross -- an anchor, maybe? Cement shoes? Chicago overcoat?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.