RUSS BRANDON OUT

sabills

Huh?

(I am sleepy.)

Saying weird stuff that, while technically true, is perhaps not appropriate.

It's all coming from one guy

Edit: How the hell can that dude continue to spew ###### but we get banned for posting youtube links?

The bar over there is imperceptibly low.

Btw, Harrington’s take that Kim Pegula should bring in some football/hockey VPs is ... a fair one. She should.

Are you kidding?  She is completely unqualified to be the president of 2 pro sports teams.

Apparently the positions are "permanent" as of today, but either that won't last or her position will be a figurehead type position at best.  

I expect her to be surrounded by experienced professionals actually doing the work.

PS:  Great day for Buffalo!  So happy to see Brandon gone.  The juicy stuff will start to come out in the next 24-48 hours I believe.

Edited by Kruppstahl

Jesus christ... this thread is bad.. I can't even imagine the Bills thread based on readings.

This is one of those situations where everyone needs to leave their "jump to conclusions" mat at the door and just let the situation play out.

The key here is to be happy with the bottom line,  Russ Brandon is no longer involved in these organizations.  Why is there a need to debate speculation?

We are privy to certain information that is stated by the parties involved.  There is other "innuendo" but in this day and age anyone can say anything and many people will believe it.

We're losing our humanity.  The guy is gone, be happy with that.  If it comes out that he abused his position then judge him for that.  Right now all anyone has is that he had an inappropriate relationship.  That's it.  I'm pretty sure the line on what is "inappropriate" will not be defined the same amongst people.

Now we have people talking about Kim with no experience.  At the same time people on here keep talking about how to not hire from the establishment when it comes to coaches and GMs.

Stop just spewing BS to fit a narrative and stick to a principle.

You don't need to wrap this crap up by midnight... just let it play out.  Seriously.  Russ Brandon has resigned and that's all that really matters.  So many people thought he was already a POS... so if he's a POS who also harassed women does that change anything for you?  If he's a POS who didn't harass them but really engaged in a relationship with a subordinate against company policy does that matter to you?

The relationship in question first became apparent to a number of team employees during the Sabres’ visit to New York for a game against the Rangers on Jan. 18, the people said. The trip included the team hosting a fan event at a bar the day before the game.

Relationship, so not much bad happened, except if you are his wife.   These things happen a lot in most work environments.

Counterpoint, what if Beane and Botterill took their positions with the understanding that all the only people above them in the chain of command would be the Pegulas?

Fair. My idea isn’t to have people installed between ownership and the current GMs (hence VPs). Just someone who can advise ownership.

But I get what you’re saying. It may be that the current GMs are already de facto presidents of football/hockey ops.

Jesus christ... this thread is bad.. I can't even imagine the Bills thread based on readings.

This is one of those situations where everyone needs to leave their "jump to conclusions" mat at the door and just let the situation play out.

The key here is to be happy with the bottom line, Russ Brandon is no longer involved in these organizations. Why is there a need to debate speculation?

We are privy to certain information that is stated by the parties involved. There is other "innuendo" but in this day and age anyone can say anything and many people will believe it.

We're losing our humanity. The guy is gone, be happy with that. If it comes out that he abused his position then judge him for that. Right now all anyone has is that he had an inappropriate relationship. That's it. I'm pretty sure the line on what is "inappropriate" will not be defined the same amongst people.

Now we have people talking about Kim with no experience. At the same time people on here keep talking about how to not hire from the establishment when it comes to coaches and GMs.

Stop just spewing BS to fit a narrative and stick to a principle.

You don't need to wrap this crap up by midnight... just let it play out. Seriously. Russ Brandon has resigned and that's all that really matters. So many people thought he was already a POS... so if he's a POS who also harassed women does that change anything for you? If he's a POS who didn't harass them but really engaged in a relationship with a subordinate against company policy does that matter to you?

There are many, many situations in this modern 24-hour news cycle of ours where “don’t rush to conclusions” is good advice.

This isn’t one of them.

I saw it Tweeted (Bulldog from WGR?) and posted upthread: It’s likely impossible to think of a sports ownership statement that didn’t acknowledge and/or thank an outgoing president. The Pegulas said nothing about Brandon.

Brandon is a bad guy. And that fact is now coming to light.

Relationship, so not much bad happened, except if you are his wife. These things happen a lot in most work environments.

It is utterly perplexing to me that this is where someone would want to take things, inferentially.

Pro tip: If you’re the president of a billion dollar enterprise, then there is presumptively no such thing as a consensual relationship with people working for the organization.

I won’t debate that. And I’ll preemptively hold my nose at any post that deploys feminist concepts to argue a woman’s agency in the face of a senior officer’s sexual advances.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Also, eff Harrington for encouraging the Twitter trolls who are LOL’ing PSE’s “amateur hour” because they separated a bad guy as president and had an owner take over his position. I’m debating whether Harrington is condoning and promoting thinly veiled sexism, just plain sexism, or low key misogyny.

For all of the anxiety about Kim doing this job with no experience, Cam Neely and Garth Snow got the same titles not having worked an office job in their lives.

Different president positions. Kim won't be doing anything Neely did, hopefully. She'll be designing the fridge schedule magnets. Homage to the late DeLuca!

We're losing our humanity.  The guy is gone, be happy with that.

As usual, pretty tone deaf and even hypocritical. A man lost his job and his family is probably in chaos. Don't worry -- be happy! How humane.

I won’t debate that. And I’ll preemptively hold my nose at any post that deploys feminist concepts to argue a woman’s agency in the face of a senior officer’s sexual advances.

Do we know who did the advancing? Can women also be manipulative to achieve some kind of gain? Maybe Russ is the victim here. There's a certain chauvinism in these discussions. The woman as the lesser sex who needs to be protected. Always the victim. Sometimes it's a case of two s hitty people hooking up for different reasons.

What about the STH cookie favors? Will she bake those?

I hope not. Have you ever had a Korean cookie?

Edited by PASabreFan

As usual, pretty tone deaf and even hypocritical. A man lost his job and his family is probably in chaos. Don't worry -- be happy! How humane.

He lost his job because of bad stuff he did.

Your family will tend to be in chaos when you are a prodigious philanderer.

Ding , b1tches.

(D0ng is a no-no?)

Edited by That Aud Smell

There are many, many situations in this modern 24-hour news cycle of ours where “don’t rush to conclusions” is good advice.

This isn’t one of them.

I saw it Tweeted (Bulldog from WGR?) and posted upthread: It’s likely impossible to think of a sports ownership statement that didn’t acknowledge and/or thank an outgoing president. The Pegulas said nothing about Brandon.

It is utterly perplexing to me that this is where someone would want to take things, inferentially.

Pro tip: If you’re the president of a billion dollar enterprise, then there is presumptively no such thing as a consensual relationship with people working for the organization.

Primarily addressing your response.  There's can be a world of difference between sexual harassment and engaging in a relationship with a subordinate.  If your assumption is that he pressed a subordinate to date him then I am in 100% agreement with the harassment application.  If, on the other hand, the subordinate made it known to him that she was interested in a relationship then he's only guilty of really bad judgment (and being a jackass to his wife).  Lots of us are guilty of really bad judgment and lots of us are aware of questionable ethical situations that we don't necessarily speak up about when it happens but will gladly pile on about once its in the public light. For example, I hear stories about past executive leaders at my company and some of the things that go on at the "executive retreat".  It's nauseating that people would act that way (and frankly, it's along the lines of the Russ Brandon situation).  Of course it's people bitching about former leaders and I always ask, if you were there, why didn't you say anything about it?  I mean, if it is that big of a deal now that they are done, why is it not that big of a deal when they weren't?  Of course the answer is, the desire to keep their job.  I understand that, but don't get on a freaking soapbox 8 months later once they are gone.  If it's wrong, it's wrong, and it says something about all of us who are aware of these kinds of things but won't speak up because we don't want to risk certain actions coming back at us.

Ultimately, for all of us, it doesn't matter though.  The kind of person Russ Brandon is or his actions aren't relevant to the result.  It's as if there is no closure for people unless they can adequately state what kind of person he is based on unproven information.

The harm Russ Brandon caused people was in his role as President of these organizations, his relationship with anyone did not cause anyone on here harm (as far as I know).  So, be happy he's gone, and let it go.  

Fair. My idea isn’t to have people installed between ownership and the current GMs (hence VPs). Just someone who can advise ownership.

But I get what you’re saying. It may be that the current GMs are already de facto presidents of football/hockey ops.

This isn’t one of them.

I think I'll still wait. I have a hard time in this day and age preemptively viewing any women who has a sexual relationship with a senior officer as a helpless doe.

Different president positions. Kim won't be doing anything Neely did, hopefully. She'll be designing the fridge schedule magnets. Homage to the late DeLuca!

These are the kinds of responses that you love to throw out there just to stir the pot.  Your take on what I said is completely off the mark and 100% misrepresents what I said. Furthermore it draws conclusions that have no support in the words I used.

As usual, for you.

The man lost his job because of his own actions.  Who else should be responsible for those actions?  For Russ Brandon, I do not feel remorse.  He chose his path and the resultant set of outcomes from following it.

I did not discuss his family at all.  For those who are impacted by his poor decisions, I have sympathy.  I despise people who cheat.  I have plenty of friends who have experienced it and I have seen the impact on the entire family.  It's disgusting.  I'm not real huge on people who have a family and then get divorced because of the impact it usually has on kids.  I've come to accept that people who cannot live together actually create a worse environment for their children than being divorced but I don't like it.

It's a damn insult for you to write those things in presumption about how i feel regarding his family.  

So I guess no Russ Brandon bobble-head day this upcoming season at KeyBank Center? 

For myself the concerns about Kim Pegula taking over all these posts has nothing to do with gender, and everything to do with experience and training (or lack of)   If she had an MBA from a heavy hitting Ivy League school, marketing or advertising degree or similar credentials,  or relevant experience, that would be great.  But she doesn't seem to have any special acumen or skills for the job, other than her last name.   

From her Wikipedia page - her experience is shown as high school cheerleader and bassoonist.   It's not clear what her major at Houghton was, or even if she completed school before leaving to work for Pegula (at that juncture she was a waitress).  And of course, her employment with Pegula had more to do with romantic leanings than qualifications - does anyone think her work performance for Pegula was evaluated as impartially , stringently, or as analytically as a regular Pegula employees' would be?   

It's great Brandon's gone - and she probably won't be counseling hires like Rex Ryan in order to fill seats the next season vs any real long term benefit to the team(s).     So we'll see. 

Edited by Jsixspd

I'm not real huge on people who have a family and then get divorced because of the impact it usually has on kids.  I've come to accept that people who cannot live together actually create a worse environment for their children than being divorced but I don't like it.

Huh. It's almost like everybody else who isn't you do not, in fact, have a monopoly on sanctimony without authority.

Huh. It's almost like everybody else who isn't you do not, in fact, have a monopoly on sanctimony without authority.

Sorry, what's your point here? I am honestly missing what you are getting at, especially with regards to what you quoted.

I think I'll still wait. I have a hard time in this day and age preemptively viewing any women who has a sexual relationship with a senior officer as a helpless doe.

Well said. I'm not sure if if chauvinism or chivalry at work. I made a comment about Kim's role as president being essentially the same as Ted Black's and Russ Brandon's: sell the product. Because the comment involved a fridge, I guess, it was viewed as sexist. Of course it was.

So I guess no Russ Brandon bobble-head day this upcoming season at KeyBank Center? 

For myself the concerns about Kim Pegula taking over all these posts has nothing to do with gender, and everything to do with experience and training (or lack of)   If she had an MBA from a heavy hitting Ivy League school, marketing or advertising degree or similar credentials,  or relevant experience, that would be great.  But she doesn't seem to have any special acumen or skills for the job, other than her last name.   

From her Wikipedia page - her experience is shown as high school cheerleader and bassoonist.   It's not clear what her major at Houghton was, or even if she completed school before leaving to work for Pegula (at that juncture she was a waitress).  And of course, her employment with Pegula had more to do with romantic leanings than qualifications - does anyone think her work performance for Pegula was evaluated as impartially , stringently, or as analytically as a regular Pegula employees' would be?   

It's great Brandon's gone - and she probably won't be counseling hires like Rex Ryan in order to fill seats the next season vs any real long term benefit to the team(s).     So we'll see. 

Also well said and very fair. nfreeman likes to use the expression "fear and loathing of the wealthy" whenever the Pegulas get criticized. The opposite is in force much more often -- respect and love of the wealthy when it's hardly justified.

These are the kinds of responses that you love to throw out there just to stir the pot.  Your take on what I said is completely off the mark and 100% misrepresents what I said. Furthermore it draws conclusions that have no support in the words I used.

As usual, for you.

The man lost his job because of his own actions.  Who else should be responsible for those actions?  For Russ Brandon, I do not feel remorse.  He chose his path and the resultant set of outcomes from following it.

I did not discuss his family at all.  For those who are impacted by his poor decisions, I have sympathy.  I despise people who cheat.  I have plenty of friends who have experienced it and I have seen the impact on the entire family.  It's disgusting.  I'm not real huge on people who have a family and then get divorced because of the impact it usually has on kids.  I've come to accept that people who cannot live together actually create a worse environment for their children than being divorced but I don't like it.

It's a damn insult for you to write those things in presumption about how i feel regarding his family.  

I don't think I misrepresented anything. You want a more humane world, then tell us to be happy that all this has happened. Be the change you want to see in the world. Or admit that you're down in the muck with the rest of us.

Georgia Frontiere:  Opera singer / secretary who inherited the LA Rams from her (fifth!) husband and became chairwoman of the team.  3 NFC titles and one Super Bowl win.

Marge Schott:  Socialite who purchased the Cincinnati Reds because she was a fan.  Horrible person.  Became president and CEO of the team.  Won a World Series.

Marguerite Norris:  President and CEO of the Detroit Red Wings upon her father's passing.  Three first-place finishes and two Stanley Cups.

It's not like this is groundbreaking.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.