RUSS BRANDON OUT

sabills

DismalAltruisticBluemorphobutterfly-max-

Why do I see Conan's Jordan Schlansky when I see Russ?

Can we acknowledge that perhaps there are victims and acknowledge that trying to show some compassion is a pretty harmless presumption to make?

If there are victims, they should be shown compassion. I have no issue with the spirit of Jo's post.

Yikes, some of the guys with Aud-like stories on TBD, but with neanderthal-like grace and tact, have painted quite a ###### picture of who Russ is.

Link? Too lazy to keep combing through that thread. What page is it on?

Edit: Never mind, I found him

Edited by WildCard

If he's on about naming Kim as the permanent President immediately he might have a point. If it's about dumping Brandon he's way off base. I'm going to guess it's the former rather than the latter. As for the former, it really depends on who the Vice Presidents are because I feel like nobody thought Brandon was worth a platypus turd as a football person or a hockey person anyway. From that standpoint at least, I fail to see how Kim is vastly less qualified than Russ.

Harrington is on both tangents right now.

He is banging the table for a HoF to be named President of Hockey as the people in the league were laughing at Russ in the role, get over it Mike.

And PA it doesn’t matter if it was consensual or not. In this day and age this stuff should not and cannot happen. When I took my present job part of my orientation was an in service about conduct in the workplace a large portion of it was spend on inappropriate relationships and that if there was work romance one of the two principles should resign their position. It puts the employer and other employees into precarious situations particularly when one of the persons involved has the title of president.

And despite the Me Too Movement there still is a segment of the population that remains afraid to speak out.

Edited by Brawndo

If there are victims, they should be shown compassion. I have no issue with the spirit of Jo's post.

100% same.  Need more detail.  I trust TP/KP but again their statement is destructive.  If it was just an affair, it's over the top. If it was complete dick-head power move(s) "do you know who I am" , f him.

re: TBD, can anyone summarize?  I can't do that board.

100% same.  Need more detail.  I trust TP/KP but again their statement is destructive.  If it was just an affair, it's over the top. If it was complete dick-head power move(s) "do you know who I am" ######, f him.

re: TBD, can anyone summarize?  I can't do that board.

Women in the office don't want to do their work in peace, they form cliques and get all catty with each other, and that usually revolves around who gets the attention from the male coworkers.  Their main concerns are what to wear and who will notice it.

Yeah, because that will win SuperBowls. But as long as the women are happy, that's all that matters...

It's all coming from one guy

Edit: How the hell can that dude continue to spew but we get banned for posting youtube links?

Edited by WildCard

Lost in this conversation is the part where Brandon lied to his boss when confronted. Lying to the owner of the business and getting caught in the lie takes even a simple everyday affair into another realm.

Riddle: How do you know when Russ Brandon is lying?

Btw, Harrington’s take that Kim Pegula should bring in some football/hockey VPs is ... a fair one. She should.

I don't understand why the position even exists to begin with. LTS already outlined it in another thread, it's not a common thing to do

It's all coming from one guy

Edit: How the hell can that dude continue to spew ###### but we get banned for posting youtube links?

Ooof.  That's describing culture of front office?   .

Lost in this conversation is the part where Brandon lied to his boss when confronted.  Lying to the owner of the business and getting caught in the lie takes even a simple everyday affair into another realm.

Good point. Just read that.  Also unlikely it was just a single affair if he's denying to his trusted/good relationship boss for however many years it's been.

What is being missed is that by definition any person in Brandon’s employ with whom he has slept is, in point of ethical fact, a victim of sexual harassment. That is why - assuming the veracity of Graham’s account - Brandon has resigned. Edited by dudacek

I don't understand why the position even exists to begin with. LTS already outlined it in another thread, it's not a common thing to do

There's a lot of confusion about what the president of the team does vs. the president of hockey operations. Unless I'm all wet, Kim shouldn't need Kevyn Adams. It's running the business side. The Pegulas' statement made clear that Terry remains overseer of the hockey side (hopefully without "running" it).

Edited by PASabreFan

Btw, Harrington’s take that Kim Pegula should bring in some football/hockey VPs is ... a fair one. She should.

Counterpoint, what if Beane and Botterill took their positions with the understanding that all the only people above them in the chain of command would be the Pegulas? Both front offices particularly the Sabres now have a GM, two AGMs (which as you know were lacking under GMTM) and directors of both pro and amateur scouting.

Even though Botterill’s greatest accomplishments in the past year are drafting Casey and winning the lottery, I would like to give this set up more time to right the ship.

And the last time there was a GM and President of Hockey Ops pulling in different directions it didn’t work out well

Edited by Brawndo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.