RUSS BRANDON OUT

sabills

Oh. And quite rich that Graham would report on that particular point.

I am genuinely curious about what is behind this comment.

PM if you aren't comfortable laying out in public?

Edited by We've

Having just looked at the front office arrangements of other teams in researching the President of Hockey Operations I would expect that Kim will be President of PSE and will have oversight of the various teams as reported.

I think this does actually create an opportunity to bring in more people on the business side to be President of Business Operations for each team.  I saw quite a few of those positions.  I wouldn't be surprised if Botterill is granted at least Alt. Governor for now and then perhaps based on performance is given President of Hockey operations next year.  Frankly, he's the President of them anyway at this point.

Should be interesting to see what changes occur and frankly, if the reports are true, I think there's something to be said for having Kim as a replacement for him.

Interested in details.  If he's single and just hooking up with co-workers (or a radio personality?), big deal.  Not professional especially for someone at that level, but implied character assassination by Pegula's seems a bit harsh.  On the other hand if it's me-too-esque, yeah, go away and suffer.

Interested in details. If he's single and just hooking up with co-workers (or a radio personality?), big deal. Not professional especially for someone at that level, but implied character assassination by Pegula's seems a bit harsh. On the other hand if it's me-too-esque, yeah, go away and suffer.

Not single.

Not single.

Ah.  Well, then feel the wrath of Fx3.

Happy to see him out.  Never liked him other than the Roc/Fisher/Red Wings, worked-his-way-up, angle.  Seems sketchy, yes-man, opposite of GMTM.

First Ritchie then Russ?  Perhaps Shady isn't a good judge of character.  Or perhaps Russ was his wingman.

and when you are President of an organization there is no "hooking up with co-workers", it goes well beyond unprofessional.

On paper.  Then there's reality.  Happens all the time.  

Not sure what this means. But it seems to be over-thinking matters.

He was the president for what, a decade? And a GM, and the the president of two teams. In the draft room all the time...the guy had a lot of influence. 

Having just looked at the front office arrangements of other teams in researching the President of Hockey Operations I would expect that Kim will be President of PSE and will have oversight of the various teams as reported.

I think this does actually create an opportunity to bring in more people on the business side to be President of Business Operations for each team.  I saw quite a few of those positions.  I wouldn't be surprised if Botterill is granted at least Alt. Governor for now and then perhaps based on performance is given President of Hockey operations next year.  Frankly, he's the President of them anyway at this point.

Should be interesting to see what changes occur and frankly, if the reports are true, I think there's something to be said for having Kim as a replacement for him.

It was already announced she is the new president of PSE, the Sabres and the Bills. But she won't have oversight of the teams, just the business side. Terry's boss man of the teams. President=President of Business Operations, as I understand the setup. In other words, like Ted and Russ before her, she'll have no say in hockey ops. Now, how one person can be president of three large entities (CEO of PSE as well), I don't know. She'll need lots of help, just like Russ did.

oh damn.

Both teams always end up doing the thing we call for, just 2 years late (at least). 

Yes, Eleven, that includes Lindy :P

Which is why everyone wants to give the fourth guy since him until Thanksgiving...

I've never been terribly specific here. Because reasons.

But be assured: Bad guy.

This is very interesting because I've always thought the opposite.

Anyway.  He's gone. 

He was the president for what, a decade? And a GM, and the the president of two teams. In the draft room all the time...the guy had a lot of influence.

Yep

And this is a bad take by Harrington.

https://twitter.com/bymharrington/status/991481764324544512

This is directly from Tim Graham’s Article

Kim Pegula on Friday informed Brandon an internal investigation was being conducted. Two sources with knowledge of the investigation said it was triggered by allegations of inappropriate relationships with female employees.

When confronted by Kim Pegula, the sources said, Brandon denied any such relationships, but the investigation indicated he was deceitful about that and other job-related issues that were uncovered.

It would have been bush league to keep this under wraps.

I'm aware it happens. It's playing with serious fire, particularly when you are someone with as much power in the organization as Russ Brandon.  It's colossally stupid and indicative of the level of arrogance that Brandon had to apparently engage in MULTIPLE affairs with employees thinking nothing would ever come of it.

I hear ya. Agree, not cool especially if married. But still want details. Pegula statement is harsh so assuming it's bad.  But still holding a little bit of reservation because of their seemingly more aggressive "faith" thing.

Is it harassing or was he having inappropriate relations? Not condoning either of course 

Whatever the case, something was out of balance, something wasn't right, something went pretty damn wrong. 

It is irrelevant if he was married or not. He is the president of two teams with emense power within that organization. Married or not I guarantee that that power dynamic was used. It's disgusting if true.

Aye. 

Course I don't know. But it's not just a "hey toots nice ass" to result in this. 

JFC y'all 

Edited by josie

It is irrelevant if he was married or not. He is the president of two teams with emense power within that organization. Married or not I guarantee that that power dynamic was used. It's disgusting if true.

You can't guarantee that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.