RUSS BRANDON OUT

sabills

No offense taken. A harsh reply on my part, but I'm tired of this debate honestly :beer:

I did make an edit to that post: Terry had hired and employed Kim prior to their marriage. My point is it consensual relationships in a workplace can and do develop.

No worries.

And in regard to your edit ... no, I had not known that Mrs. Pegula was an employee first.

Workplace relationships do work sometimes, as it certainly seems that it did in their case. I do wander about the details of it though, not that I am really digging for them.

Maybe their relationship started out as inappropriate? Maybe not? What position was she hired into? To be clear, I am not looking for the answers to those questions.

So in other words you're going to do nothing and pretend that you're making a point? If you want to call me out for something, you damn well better be able to back it up.

I don't really feel obligated to do anything other than ask that you not be a prick. You're already doing a pretty good job of it today. If you aren't sure how to do that, perhaps you need to step away.

JFC. I’m trying to relax here, which is why I haven’t been posting much. But for some reason this thread — which should be a celebration about the jettisoning of an undeniable incompetent who quite likely is also a dirtbag — has turned into a poop show that looks to have chased away 2 good posters.

It’s important to converse in a respectful fashion.

You might want to rethink your phrasing here.

Is this a community or not?

Really?! Did you really not see that as a joke. Did you really see that as me singling her out as a stupid poster? Really?! Something you that I or anyone else doesn't think.

I think I know someone else who might need to step away.

Really?! Did you really not see that as a joke. Did you really see that as me singling her out as a stupid poster? Really?! Something you that I or anyone else doesn't think.

I think I know someone else who might need to step away.

Sorry bud. 

No worries.

And in regard to your edit ... no, I had not known that Mrs. Pegula was an employee first.

Workplace relationships do work sometimes, as it certainly seems that it did in their case. I do wander about the details of it though, not that I am really digging for them.

Maybe their relationship started out as inappropriate? Maybe not? What position was she hired into? To be clear, I am not looking for the answers to those questions.

"We went in there for a waitressing position, and they sat us back in the bar area, kind of quiet, and in that area there were men sitting there and one of them was Terry," said Posey.

Kim and Terry struck up a conversation, and Terry gave Kim his business card and told her to give him a call if she was ever back in town.

Kim Pegula was looking for a summer job to fund an adventure to Alaska when she met Terry Pegula. Video by Jamie Germano.

She rang the following week and he wasn't in the office, so she left a message and then basically forgot about him. She graduated a couple of weeks later, went back to Olean to interview at the local public television station when, out of the blue, Terry called. They went out a couple of times, and perhaps sensing something in the air, he said he had a job for her at East Resources if she was interested.

That was the end of the trip to Alaska.

"He said, 'Hey, I can use somebody at East,' but I think he made that up," Kim said with a laugh. "He said, 'I do investor relations and if you've got communication, if that's your background, I don't do that very well. I just know how to drill oil and gas wells, so maybe you can do that.' I said, 'OK, I'll do that for now and wait to find out about the other job,' and there came a point where I thought, 'Hmmn, maybe I don't want the other job.' "

Kim handled a variety of tasks at East Resources, and one of her coups was landing Terry on the cover of American Express' monthly magazine for a story about the fast-rising company, in which Terry said — back in 1992, mind you — that one of his dreams was to own a pro sports team.

They dated for about a year before Terry went to the Kerrs' house and asked Ralph for his daughter's hand in marriage.

"He was old-fashioned, and we had a very good talk," said Ralph, who admitted that he and Marilyn had reservations about their daughter marrying a man 18 years older than her, already divorced, with two children from that marriage.

"They of course gave me a speech, one about being involved with your boss, one about the age difference, divorced, stepchildren, all the things as a parent you don't want your child to go through if they don't have to," Kim said. "Once they said their peace, I said, 'OK, I understand,' but it didn't matter. After that, they never said a word about that.

"I had a clean slate, no baggage, always a positive outlook from growing up with my parents, a lot of self-confidence. So hey, 'I'm divorced'; that's fine. 'I have kids.' That's OK. All that stuff, the age difference, I was just so young and naive, but in a good way, and to me, none of that stuff was a problem, it just seemed like it was always meant to be."

Turns out she was right.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/2015/08/23/kim-pegula-making-difference-adopted-hometown/32166573/

You know.

I'm not too proud to admit that there's some ... irony in that Kim was, at some point or another (prior to being hired? after?), dating the boss.

That doesn't necessarily shed a bit of light on the Brandon situation.

But, oh, world. You are so complicated.

I don't really feel obligated to do anything other than ask that you not be a prick. You're already doing a pretty good job of it today. If you aren't sure how to do that, perhaps you need to step away.

Having a different point of view than you makes me a prick?  That's interesting.  That's one of the major problems we have today, people can't disagree without it becoming a fight.  Instead of trying come to an understanding, I'm asked to leave.  I'm listening here, but I need something a bit less vague.

LOL, if you think Russ resigned for ONE consensual relationship with ONE subordinate you are naive beyond comprehension.  There is so much more to this and even the most ardent Brandon supporters admit that on this forum and TBD.

If you think that in a modern organization that (presumably) has policies about coworker relationships between different levels (like my company does), a President that doesn't report relationship(s) and then lies to his boss about it doesn't have consequences you're the one that's being naive.

If you think that in a modern organization that (presumably) has policies about coworker relationships between different levels (like my company does), a President that doesn't report relationship(s) and then lies to his boss about it doesn't have consequences you're the one that's being naive.

I don't believe it was a co-worker. I believe, and I'm speculating, it was a media member, and then he lied about it to Kim and Terry. 

A) Kim and Terry had a consensual workplace relationship; so if RB had one, why would they care? It either wasn't consensual, or it wasn't for the same employer, or it's because he lied to Kim and Terry. Granted if it's the 1st one the other two obviously don't matter

B) Rumors are swirling it's a prominent media member. This makes sense to me. Why? Well, what was a huge reason Murray was fired, and what was a huge criteria and their search for the next GM's? If you don't recall, it was trust, professionalism, and a big emphasis and things discussed in the building staying in the building. Having an affair with a media member really goes against all 3 of those 

Having a different point of view than you makes me a prick? That's interesting. That's one of the major problems we have today, people can't disagree without it becoming a fight. Instead of trying come to an understanding, I'm asked to leave. I'm listening here, but I need something a bit less vague.

Different opinions is not what this is about. It's about communication and knowing ones audience.

There are a-hole posters here who love to fight and debate. Fine. But not everyone here is like that. The same goes for the real world.

It should be obvious at this point that Josie isn't here to get into arguments and debates. She isn't here to put up with the condescension that other posters are willing to put up with.

Friendlier language and understanding who Josie is would be nice.

I don't believe it was a co-worker. I believe, and I'm speculating, it was a media member, and then he lied about it to Kim and Terry. 

A) Kim and Terry had a consensual workplace relationship; so if RB had one, why would they care? It either wasn't consensual, or it wasn't for the same employer, or it's because he lied to Kim and Terry. Granted if it's the 1st one the other two obviously don't matter

B) Rumors are swirling it's a prominent media member. This makes sense to me. Why? Well, what was a huge reason Murray was fired, and what was a huge criteria and their search for the next GM's? If you don't recall, it was trust, professionalism, and a big emphasis and things discussed in the building staying in the building. Having an affair with a media member really goes against all 3 of those 

The bolded party pretty much takes care of everything.  Insubordination will get you every time, especially when added onto already existing offenses.

This was the most logical post of the yet undetermined (and probably never)  reasons for his firing.

It was fun to read everyone getting their undies all knotted up over internet speculation.

Different opinions is not what this is about. It's about communication and knowing ones audience.

There are a-hole posters here who love to fight and debate. Fine. But not everyone here is like that. The same goes for the real world.

It should be obvious at this point that Josie isn't here to get into arguments and debates. She isn't here to put up with the condescension that other posters are willing to put up with.

Friendlier language and understanding who Josie is would be nice.

I'm good with all of that.  My whole interaction here has been with you though and let's face it, you've never been one to shy away from any of that.  I'm not sure if I've fallen into that role since I've been back.  I haven't paid all that much attention yet.

I'm good with all of that. My whole interaction here has been with you though and let's face it, you've never been one to shy away from any of that. I'm not sure if I've fallen into that role since I've been back. I haven't paid all that much attention yet.

I'm definitely like that. She's my balance. I think sometimes people assume that she's up for the same argumentative stuff I am. This is not the case :lol:

You know.

I'm not too proud to admit that there's some ... irony in that Kim was, at some point or another (prior to being hired? after?), dating the boss.

After reading the post by Wildcard I do think that their relationship was inappropriate. Dating the boss is never proper in my opinion.

That said, it does appear to have worked.

Incoming in 3, 2, 1...

LOL ...

There you go ...

After reading the post by Wildcard I do think that their relationship was inappropriate. Dating the boss is never proper in my opinion.

That said, it does appear to have worked.

LOL ...

There you go ...

Hahah that was actually for SDS. He just closed the TSW thread so I thought we were next

Great timing though :lol:

It's not surprising. They steamrolled over the only female who tried to weigh in so far because in 2018 the only perspective that matters is still a man's when it comes to topics like workplace power dynamics/abuse of power, relationships, harassment, etc.

So of course it's cast doubt on Kim Pegula o'clock. 

You are so full of it in this thread. And I suspect you know it.

It's a dangerous game to play though.  At times, things can be repeated so often, that wind up being perceived as the truth, even though it has never been proved.  At some point it needs to move beyond the words of a bunch of faceless names.  I have no reason to question either of you, but at some point there needs to be a bit more substantiation to any conversation like this.  I'm guessing that is coming in this case, but I'm sure that you guys can understand why people might question you.

The sad part is that for every thread like this one where the finger pointing is more than likely justified, there a several more where it is not.  That's why I have a hard time stomaching this stuff.

Was something deleted?  All I see is an honest question from wild card and then two responses from PA.  I just don't see any sort of attempt at putting down the woman's point of view.

I didn't delete anything.

You know.

PLEASE. Must everything be thought about and debated?!

From the Buffalo News article:

Kim Pegula on Friday informed Brandon an internal investigation was being conducted. Two sources with knowledge of the investigation said it was triggered by allegations of inappropriate relationships with female employees.

When confronted by Kim Pegula, the sources said, Brandon denied any such relationships, but the investigation indicated he was deceitful about that and other job-related issues that were uncovered.

Media member appears to be another thing entirely, just more ammo to fire him.

Edited by MattPie

You know.

:lol:

Time will prove me right, i.e. this is much more than a consensual affair with one subordinate

The sources on here and on TBD who are actually pro-Brandon say as much

But, go ahead and ignore the reality and defend

As for modern org, read my previous posts, OF COURSE it wouldn't be tolerated, my point was there is more to it than a consensual relationship

Edited by Georgia Blizzard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.