RUSS BRANDON OUT

sabills

Wildcard at least tried to couch his language. PA's response was purely superfluous, and perhaps predictable. The only purpose it served was to invalidate Josie as a poster, not her post. All one has to do is read that post and say "Ah, perhaps there are victims here. If so, I agree." And then move on. It's not a comment that demands questioning. And yet it was questioned immediately. I wonder why?

I just don't see it.  The two posts are essentially identical.  The only difference is that you like one person and not the other.

I figured.

Boy, I didn't get that from that exchange at all.

Of course not. But that's because you're not used to being talked down to by dudes like she is. She picks up on stuff in the way men talk to her that I don't always catch. No woman would have responded to her post that way, but PA certainly felt the need, and then he proceeded to dig himself a deeper hole afterwards.

It would be nice if dudes would think about the way they respond to women a little more, especially in a thread like this.

<snip snip>

I don't fail to apprehend this.  He is the same PERSON throughout all of it.  You have years of insight and information that the rest of us do not. 

We agree 100% on this.  This is why I stated I have no tolerance for those who cheat. People who can't honor their commitments are not to be trusted.

I appreciate the response. I probably fail to appreciate the extent to which I have information (much of it second-hand, some of it third-hand) on which I have chosen to rely, and that others here have little or no such information (or they've heard the same information and choose not to credit it).

What I would point out, again, is that an external firm of some kind - probably a law firm (maybe a white shoe firm - one other than the firm that does most/all of PSE's local work right now) - prepared a report following an internal investigation. Kim Pegula confronted Brandon with the report. Brandon denied the findings and, it appears, demonstrably lied about certain findings (e.g., there were texts or emails from him that rebutted what he had claimed). The Pegulas then issued a post-separation statement that made no mention of Brandon -- a guy who'd worked for the team for 20 years.

If, in light of that, someone thinks it's an open question as to what Brandon did or did not do, then, really, Godspeed.

Of course not. But that's because you're not used to being talked down to by dudes like she is. She picks up on stuff in the way men talk to her that I don't always catch. No woman would have responded to her post that way, but PA certainly felt the need, and then he proceeded to dig himself a deeper hole afterwards.

It would be nice if dudes would think about the way they respond to women a little more, especially in a thread like this.

It sure would be nice if that message came from her and not from you.  You're just furthering the exact thing you are talking against.

I figured.

My point is that we don't know what their relationship is. Maybe she sleeps around on him. Maybe they both know and get off on it. I actually know couples like this. I personally think it's really icky, but they are still nice people and still together. It's not my place to judge whatever commitment they have made to each other.

I'm just not going to get all worked up and pass judgement about things that may or may not have happened. It makes for an interesting thread, though, watching others do it.

It sure would be nice if that message came from her and not from you. You're just furthering the exact thing you are talking against.

Excuse yourself please. You're not innocent of this either.

I'm sticking up for her now because I see how these interactions frustrate her. I've been patient, but I'm a little tired of it. She's not a confrontational person but most of her posts here are met with condescension.

I would like it to stop.

Yuck. Thoughts go out to the employees he was harassing or whatever. Hope they have the help they need.  

I hope so too.

Is it harassing or was he having inappropriate relations? Not condoning either of course 

What is the difference, really?  The top banana in an organisation has total control and is in the power position.  IMO, if you are that person and you are having inappropriate relations it is harassment.

There's been no reporting of harassment. The relationships could have been consensual, just unprofessional.

Again, no real difference.

Whatever the case, something was out of balance, something wasn't right, something went pretty damn wrong. 

Aye. 

Course I don't know. But it's not just a "hey toots nice ass" to result in this. 

JFC y'all 

Yes, indeed.

You can't guarantee that.

Are you kidding?

Ah screw this. Figured I'd have an ounce of compassion for the unnamed people mentioned in the report. Everyone else is dancing on his grave but oh boy. I'm out. 

Sorry that we made you feel this way.

Sounds like trolls for the Pegula organizaiton; a slave mentality. Why wouldn't anyone want a person with a major background in sports management to be in the top job as president of two losing sports teams instead of a toy for wifey?

This is unnecessary Edited by inkman

Excuse yourself please. You're not innocent of this either.

I'm sticking up for her now because I see how these interactions frustrate her. I've been patient, but I'm a little tired of it. She's not a confrontational person but most of her posts here are met with condescension.

I would like it to stop.

Please tell me exactly what I'm guilty of here.  I need a good explanation of how you know where my mind is better than I do myself.  If I've said something to her I'd love to hear it.  Quite honestly I couldn't tell you the last time I had an interaction on here with her.  Granted I was gone for a long time.

What is the difference, really?  The top banana in an organisation has total control and is in the power position.  IMO, if you are that person and you are having inappropriate relations it is harassment.

I really don't care enough to get back into this conversation. There is a difference between harassment and a consensual relationship IMO

FWIW the good ol' internet has apparently figured out the identity of the woman. She's prominent news reporter

OY. complete and utter and total board fail: ENGAGE.

My point is that we don't know what their relationship is. Maybe she sleeps around on him. Maybe they both know and get off on it. I actually know couples like this. I personally think it's really icky, but they are still nice people and still together. It's not my place to judge whatever commitment they have made to each other.

I'm just not going to get all worked up and pass judgement about things that may or may not have happened. It makes for an interesting thread, though, watching others do it.

Maybe, maybe, maybe there are weird and uncommon reasons that can be conjured to potentially contextualize and even excuse the guy's behaviour. 

Or maybe the simplest, most straightforward, most plausible, and, frankly, most substantiated explanation obtains. Maybe.

I really don't care enough to get back into this conversation. There is a difference between harassment and a consensual relationship IMO

FWIW the good ol' internet has apparently figured out the identity of the woman. She's prominent news reporter

That's the problem with painting everything with the same exact brush.  You'll find countless lifelong relationships where if we use the criteria NS just laid out, they were born out of harassment.

Please tell me exactly what I'm guilty of here. I need a good explanation of how you know where my mind is better than I do myself. If I've said something to her I'd love to hear it. Quite honestly I couldn't tell you the last time I had an interaction on here with her. Granted I was gone for a long time.

I'm not going to dig up old posts.

My only suggestion, and this isn't just for you, is to perhaps not treat everything as a debate or a point in need of correcting.

If your boss approaches you about a relationship of some sort you will feel that if you don't your position will be in jeopardy, even if nothing of the sort is implied.

In my mind, the ability to consent is gone in that dynamic. Therefore, there is no difference.

My only suggestion, and this isn't just for you, is to perhaps not treat everything as a debate or a point in need of correcting.

So we have to treat Josie differently than every other stupid poster here? :lol:

If your boss approaches you about a relationship of some sort you will feel that if you don't your position will be in jeopardy, even if nothing of the sort is implied.

In my mind, the ability to consent is gone in that dynamic. Therefore, there is no difference.

NS please, I'm not dense. I get the argument and understand the position. 

Edit: You do realize Kim was hired by and worked for Terry prior to their marriage, yes?

Edited by WildCard

No, I don't expect you to dig up posts.  I was hoping maybe you had something generic.  But what you're saying here is a bit troubling.  I'll try to make this more generic and not about one specific person, but it's hard given how this current conversation has developed.  If a woman views being questioned or corrected from a "you're doing this because I'm a woman" point of view, even if that's not the case, it's kind of hard to move forward from there.  If there's a line for when it is ok and when it is not, it's next to impossible to identify.

No, I don't expect you to dig up posts. I was hoping maybe you had something generic. But what you're saying here is a bit troubling. I'll try to make this more generic and not about one specific person, but it's hard given how this current conversation has developed. If a woman views being questioned or corrected from a "you're doing this because I'm a woman" point of view, even if that's not the case, it's kind of hard to move forward from there. If there's a line for when it is ok and when it is not, it's next to impossible to identify.

It's not that hard.

If a woman views being questioned or corrected from a "you're doing this because I'm a woman" point of view, even if that's not the case, it's kind of hard to move forward from there.  If there's a line for when it is ok and when it is not, it's next to impossible to identify.

There's nuance here, but I think this misses the point (or at least suggests the point is being missed).

My apologies. I certainly did not intend to imply that you were dense, but it did seem to me that you didn't understand my point.

No offense taken. A harsh reply on my part, but I'm tired of this debate honestly :beer:

I did make an edit to that post: Terry had hired and employed Kim prior to their marriage. My point is that consensual relationships in a workplace can and do develop. 

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.