Housley Should Have Until End of December

CallawaySabres

10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I don't want Quenneville. In fact, I think he'd fit in the "Bylsma" category. Somebody with success (sure, a lot more success) in the past that isn't with the game anymore. 

With a team full of youngsters and his track record of hating to play youngsters, and the words coming out of Chicago fans about his role in their current defensive system etc. 

I agree. I wouldn't bring Quenneville in. That is just asking for trouble when he plays Berglund on the PP1 and Eichel gets benched for having 1 bad shift. 

32 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I don't want Quenneville. In fact, I think he'd fit in the "Bylsma" category. Somebody with success (sure, a lot more success) in the past that isn't with the game anymore. 

With a team full of youngsters and his track record of hating to play youngsters, and the words coming out of Chicago fans about his role in their current defensive system etc. 

I'd be interested in reading more about this

Columbus will be a very good test.  On paper, the Sabres shouldn't be able to win that one.  But, the way they're playing right now, they've got a shot.

This team will go through some cold spells, but they SEEM like they'll be able to keep from allowing them to snowball.  If Housley can keep those from snowballing, he absolutely will be back next season.  If he can get them to have a few 4-5 game win streaks, he absolutely will be back.  He's 60-75% towards his possible 1st, but it will be a tough one Saturday.

We FINALLY are beyond the Tank.  Only took 7 ####ing years.  Actually able to bring myself to watch other games regularly.  It finally isn't depressing watching the difference between NHL hockey & Sabres hockey.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 9:14 AM, CallawaySabres said:

If Buffalo is not within shouting distance of 8th, they have to save the season.

After some more changes this Summer and the addition of Dahlin,my eyes will be focused squarely on Phil to finally see improvement.

So it's almost December, should we help PH pack his bags, or should we wait a while longer?

• Haha (+1) 1

Last year I was wondering what his "system" actually was as we were not the "fast" that he promised and the D stunk and didn't lead the rush at all and it was a mess. But, as I am firmly convinced now, it was another tank.

Now we have Dahlin, now we see the speed, now we see the D jumping into the rush creating goals/chances, now we see puck possession and quick transition.

My question would be who coaches the power play? Fix that, or replace that guy. Housley stays. The system works. 

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

But, as I am firmly convinced now, it was another tank.

Not quite.  I said this several times last season:  It was an 82 game training camp.  Wins didn't matter, personal development did.  He molded several of the individual players to play his system.  Now he has the whole team playing it.  Maybe it was part tank, too, but I really think Phil just said not to worry about winning, just learn how to play.  This year and going forward, it's about winning.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.