Sabres sign Andrew Oglevie to ELC

Brawndo

Quick look, please excuse errors:

It appears he had 80 points over 76 games in his past 2 NCAA seasons. He's 23 years old, btw.

That PPG ratio -- one season of Hockey East and the other in Big Ten -- would roughly translate to a 30-point season in the NHL.

Seems like a solid get to me. Especially given the theory that the team's bottom-6 scoring was a huge problem.

College player comparison

Oglevie - 107 gms 41g 48a 89 pts .39g/gp .83pts/gp

Fasching - 115 gms 46g 48a 94 pts .4g/gp .82pts/gp

ERod - 146 gms 42g 79a 121pts .29g/gp .83pts/gp

Wilson - 109 gms 39g 56a 95 pts. .36g/gp .87pts/gp

O’Regan - 154 gms 66g 88a 154pts .43g/gp 1pt/gp

Smith - 120 gms 56g 69a 125pts .47g/gp 1.04 pts/gp

Fasching - 115 gms 46g 48a 94 pts .4g/gp .82pts/gp

ERod - 146 gms 42g 79a 121pts .29g/gp .83pts/gp

Wilson - 109 gms 39g 56a 95 pts. .36g/gp .87pts/gp

O’Regan - 154 gms 66g 88a 154pts .43g/gp 1pt/gp

Smith - 120 gms 56g 69a 125pts .47g/gp 1.04 pts/gp

Out of those 5, 2 look to be NHLers, another 2 look ready to make the jump, and one is.... languishing.  It looks like Oglevie might have a decent shot to contribute.

It appears he had 80 points over 76 games in his past 2 NCAA seasons. 

Analytically, I think it makes better sense to take his 2 most recent seasons where he clearly hit a stride. Or just go off his final season. I think that first season is an outlier that skews his stats.

Oglevie - 107 gms 41g 48a 89 pts .39g/gp .83pts/gp, age at start of freshman year: 20

Fasching - 115 gms 46g 48a 94 pts .4g/gp .82pts/gp, age at start of freshman year: 18

ERod - 146 gms 42g 79a 121pts .29g/gp .83pts/gp, age at start of freshman year: 18

Wilson - 109 gms 39g 56a 95 pts. .36g/gp .87pts/gp, age at start of freshman year: 19

O’Regan - 154 gms 66g 88a 154pts .43g/gp 1pt/gp, age at start of freshman year: 18

Smith - 120 gms 56g 69a 125pts .47g/gp 1.04 pts/gp, age at start of freshman year: 19

I added in an important detail.

Analytically, I think it makes better sense to take his 2 most recent seasons where he clearly hit a stride. Or just go off his final season. I think that first season is an outlier that skews his stats.

Everyone of those guys is going to have at least one season that doesn't look like the others.  I'm too lazy to look them up, but I know for sure there's one hell of an outlier for Rodrigues.

Everyone of those guys is going to have at least one season that doesn't look like the others. I'm too lazy to look them up, but I know for sure there's one hell of an outlier for Rodrigues.

Well, this new guy’s outlier year was when he was a scrawny underclassman. He got stronger, and became a PPG+ player in the Big Ten and Hockey East.

Also: I’m going off the standard coefficient (?) predictor for his projected value—not off of any comparable players. The coefficient is about .35. That’d project him into the 30-point range, maybe with upside?

I saw a chubby 20’s something dude in the convenience store at the intersection of rte 63 and 20 tonight. He was wearing a Notre Dame hockey jacket and I thought “no way that’s the kid”.

You think that sometimes and then you’re wrong and feel foolish. I’ll googled when I got home.

Sure.

Could’ve googled then and there but my indifference was amplified by my fatigue.

Not him.

Sorry to waste your time.

I saw a chubby 20’s something dude in the convenience store at the intersection of rte 63 and 20 tonight. He was wearing a Notre Dame hockey jacket and I thought “no way that’s the kid”.

You think that sometimes and then you’re wrong and feel foolish. I’ll googled when I got home.

Sure.

Could’ve googled then and there but my indifference was amplified by my fatigue.

Not him.

Sorry to waste your time.

Texaco Town.  The intersection of nowhere.

Vortex of nothingness.

I’ve been making that drive 6 days a week for 2+ months and the price of gas hasn’t changed atoll. Not even by a tenth of a cent.

The receipts never print at the pump.  You always have to go inside for a receipt.  Pretty sure it is by design.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.