GDT Buffalo at Toronto 4/2/18 7 PM MSG WGR

Brawndo

Series win over Toronto!

This is the must-est win of must win games. 

Come on Jack, make Austin your bi-ootch for another game.

I follow a Penguins blogger on Twitter because he actually knows hockey and isn't just a homer.  He gave Eichel some kudo's the other night saying that Eichel and Matthews are equally elite and the Sabres-Leafs rivalry will be incredible to watch for over a decade.  The Leafs fans murdered him about making the comparison.  Numeorus Loaf fans said, Eichel is good but Matthews is elite and far better.  Just shake my head.  

Hopefully they beat the Loafs again.

I follow a Penguins blogger on Twitter because he actually knows hockey and isn't just a homer.  He gave Eichel some kudo's the other night saying that Eichel and Matthews are equally elite and the Sabres-Leafs rivalry will be incredible to watch for over a decade.  The Leafs fans murdered him about making the comparison.  Numeorus Loaf fans said, Eichel is good but Matthews is elite and far better.  Just shake my head.  

Hopefully they beat the Loafs again.

This is what bugs me about fans, but especially Canadian fans... and ESPECIALLY Leaf fans.  I give full credit to Canadians for being passionate about hockey.  It's their culture.  But along with that credit I expect them to be more polished and refined in their critiques and not such blatant homers.  Demonstrate that you understand the game and respect the players.  You can root for your team but don't be stupid.

I suppose I give the Canadian hockey fans too much credit (I don't mean the ones who root for the team in Montreal).  Leaf fans who participated in what you are referring to are complete idiots.

Eichel - 63GP, 25G, 37A, 62 points

Matthews - 59GP, 31G, 26A, 57 points

They are completely comparable.  The fact that Eichel accounts for such a massive part of the Sabres offense only shows the level of improvement needed elsewhere in the lineup by Buffalo.

It is a great rivalry to watch.  Perhaps because the Sabres are in the basement the Leaf fans don't give it an overall respect, but they should.  Their team keeps losing to the Sabres.

Kadri is gonna get antipin'd

I don't like Kadri... but I don't want any player getting injured like that.  

This is what bugs me about fans, but especially Canadian fans... and ESPECIALLY Leaf fans.  I give full credit to Canadians for being passionate about hockey.  It's their culture.  But along with that credit I expect them to be more polished and refined in their critiques and not such blatant homers.  Demonstrate that you understand the game and respect the players.  You can root for your team but don't be stupid.

I suppose I give the Canadian hockey fans too much credit (I don't mean the ones who root for the team in Montreal).  Leaf fans who participated in what you are referring to are complete idiots.

Eichel - 63GP, 25G, 37A, 62 points

Matthews - 59GP, 31G, 26A, 57 points

They are completely comparable.  The fact that Eichel accounts for such a massive part of the Sabres offense only shows the level of improvement needed elsewhere in the lineup by Buffalo.

It is a great rivalry to watch.  Perhaps because the Sabres are in the basement the Leaf fans don't give it an overall respect, but they should.  Their team keeps losing to the Sabres.

I saw another interesting stat regarding Eichel vs Matthews, in Eichel's career against Matthews and the Leafs, he has 1.37 PPG, and Matthews has .66 PPG, clearly Matthews is far superior.  It is what it is, both guys are going to be great players over their careers, and i look forward to a playoff series between them.

Kadri is gonna get antipin'd

LTS beat me to it.

I will also note that guys like Kadri (and Marchand and Chris Neil) usually have self-preservation radar that is pretty effective -- so even though they are targeted by many guys seeking payback, it's pretty rare for them to take a big hit.

LTS beat me to it.

I will also note that guys like Kadri (and Marchand and Chris Neil) usually have self-preservation radar that is pretty effective -- so even though they are targeted by many guys seeking payback, it's pretty rare for them to take a big hit.

There is no way that Marchand plays the same role as Kadri. Marchand is a elite player who also is the dirtiest player in the game at present . On his skills without the flat out dirty play that has resulted in suspensions he would be the MVP in the league.

Kadri alternately is a player a few short years ago because of his attitude and non commitment was on his way out as a Leaf. Hunter who had him with the London Knights supported him , as consequence was given opportunity with the good coaching of Babcock be placed in a role of becoming a good checking player and yes agitator but not dirty player who hurts his team . He is now committed to his role and along with it he gets his goal , another 30 goal season . Hate him allyou wish , it’s his role. and if he were a Sabre doing the same thing at $4 million a year locked in he would be a Sabre hero.

Hoping Leafs suffer no injuries tonight , unfortunately for the Leafs these games mean nothing apart from player bonuses and staying healthy.

I'd rather have Beaulieu in over Tennyson, was Beaulieu a healthy scratch or injured? Hopefully Tennyson is just there to take that spot in the press box.

Also I'd kill to have Kadri on that contract on our 3rd line. That is an underrated hole for us - someone to let ROR be offensive again, yet still score a ton themselves. 

I'd rather have Beaulieu in over Tennyson, was Beaulieu a healthy scratch or injured? Hopefully Tennyson is just there to take that spot in the press box.

Also I'd kill to have Kadri on that contract on our 3rd line. That is an underrated hole for us - someone to let ROR be offensive again, yet still score a ###### ton themselves.

If they just need a press box presence, can't Gorges fill that role if no one but Antipin, McCabe, & Bogosian are injured?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.