GDT Nashville at Sabres 3/19/18 7pm MSG, GR

Brawndo

Not that I disagree with the call there, but I’m quite certain I’ve seen much less wipe out a goal. These reviews are a mess.

Did the boys behind the bench, including the teen who talks into his suit sleeve, not get the memo about the new standard for interference calls? That never should have been challenged.

I had every intention of watching this one live on tape, but when the Sabres gave up a jail break off the opening faceoff, I went into fast forward mode.

Now that Rick is in full Dunleavy Mode, he can retire. Just awful.

Edited by PASabreFan

I never thought I’d say this but I will be a sad puppy if Nelson walks.

Maybe Guhle, Bailey and Baptiste weren’t tearing up the AHL because they are too fast for that game?

Alex Nylander would have done a far better job finishing what Jack started than Pominville did tonight, and probably ever will again.

When Lehner plays like that but only lets in two, this board craps all over him.

I’m just saying.

Didn't see the game tonight but is it fair to say that this came down to Rinne vs Linus and Rinne crushed us? Box score makes it look like we had opportunities and I have a hard time blaming the rookie goalie for his teammates not even getting on the board.

My take was the Sabres actually had the edge for most of the game. They were skating very well, forcing turnovers and keeping pucks to the outside in our zone. We had way more chances than we should ever get against a top team, but hit the post, shot at the crest and slid pucks through the crease. Nashville got a great tip and took advantage of a bad Beaulieu pinch. Ullmark let in a pair softies late that didn’t really matter much.

Basically it was a fairly evenly played game that Nashville probably should have won 2-0 or 2-1 because of Rinne.

PS Jack schooled each of Subban, Josi and Ellis on separate shifts and got no help to speak of from Pominville or Pouliot.

Edited by dudacek

Didn't see the game tonight but is it fair to say that this came down to Rinne vs Linus and Rinne crushed us? Box score makes it look like we had opportunities and I have a hard time blaming the rookie goalie for his teammates not even getting on the board.

Where is Lehner when you need him :p

Lehner would not have outperformed Ullmark this game. And Lehner is an "NHL starter," and Ullmark is a prospect.

No, Lehner probably would made a filthy save on the Johansen goal so that when he stupidly overplayed things on the Forsberg goal the game would have still been in reach and the dung would have been hurled by multiple disgusted posters when he leaked in the last one.

Odds are pretty good he would have outperformed Ullmark this game.

He only had to beat an .875 save percentage, which he’s done four out of every five games this year.

I want Ullmark over Lehner too, but let’s try to be objective here.

Edited by dudacek

Funny how the Preds have an interchangeable logo and the same colors as the Sabres. If you put their uniform on the Sabres it would still make sense. It's as if with their success and energized fan base and the Sabres failure and anemic fan base, they have stolen our mojo.

Edited by Marvelo

The good from last nights game

Bailey-Baptiste-ERod line seemed like they played more than they did. Speed and forechecking, You'll have to ask a coach how good they played but they sure were entertaining.

2nd game back and Jack looked like Jack. It would be nice to get him a couple of linemates

Nelson and especially Guhle like the puck on their stick. They better not lose Nelson to free agency. At one time Jack and Guhle were racing back on a backcheck and Guhle didn't lose that race. They were both flying

Until they find someone better Wilson does a good job as ROR and Samson's linemate

Don't look now but Nylander has 15 points in his last 15 games. Is he finally getting it?? Casey nearing a contract?? Are these Jack's new future linemates??

I unfortunately missed this one. Sounds like they played well. The team has really turned the corner over the past month and a half or so. I'm predicting atleast 13 points in their remaining 10 games. Wouldn't be surprised if it's more.

I unfortunately missed this one. Sounds like they played well. The team has really turned the corner over the past month and a half or so. I'm predicting atleast 13 points in their remaining 10 games. Wouldn't be surprised if it's more.

They're definitely fun to watch now. And I could easily see them getting 12+ points in the last 10 games.

They're definitely fun to watch now. And I could easily see them getting 12+ points in the last 10 games.

You guys. Stop toying with my emotions. Next thing someone is going to say they might get 14 points.

Rinne made the game appear to be a blowout.  It certainly wasn't one.

A few bounces that go in (like Forsberg knocking a puck out of the air, through a defenders legs to a teammate for a goal) and the Sabres not having that same set of fortunate bounces and the game ends up 4-0.

The last goal was an ugly one, no doubt.  I think Ullmark let in two overall that were clearly bad on his part.

Sabres were up against it, playing the hottest team in the league right now.  They showed, but goaltending was the difference.  It's interesting because a few weeks ago they were up against the Panthers who were the hottest team in the league at the time and they were blown out 5-1.  The biggest difference in the two games was that Buffalo looked completely outmatched in the Panthers game. 

I hope that Botterill and Nelson's agent have had discussions already.  It would be nice if they can sign him because if he moves on from Buffalo it will really hurt the team.  If he signs then I think the recovery of the D takes a major step forward.

IF they can play like that next season and add wingers for Jack, then I could see them contending for a play-off spot.

Though I do wonder how much they amplified their effort because they wanted to win that game for their coach.

though if they do get 12 points in their last 10 games, i wouldn't mind the losses coming against Arizona, Ottawa, MTL and Detroit.

IF they can play like that next season and add wingers for Jack, then I could see them contending for a play-off spot.

Though I do wonder how much they amplified their effort because they wanted to win that game for their coach.

though if they do get 12 points in their last 10 games, i wouldn't mind the losses coming against Arizona, Ottawa, MTL and Detroit.

Interesting how 4 of their final 10 games are versus teams in the bottom 6 overall. Plus 2 vs TO & 2 vs Fla based teams. Can't recall the other 2 opponents off memory.

The schedule maker gave them a chance to go on a late run. Too bad, it won't get them sniffing the playoffs.

No, Lehner probably would made a filthy save on the Johansen goal so that when he stupidly overplayed things on the Forsberg goal the game would have still been in reach and the dung would have been hurled by multiple disgusted posters when he leaked in the last one.

Odds are pretty good he would have outperformed Ullmark this game.

He only had to beat an .875 save percentage, which he’s done four out of every five games this year.

I want Ullmark over Lehner too, but let’s try to be objective here.

I admittedly don't like Lehner, but I don't think my post was at all a stretch.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.