GDT Toronto at Buffalo 7:30pm 3-5-18, NBCSN GR

Brawndo

Tonight’s the showdown between the team that tanked, and Bettman was fuming that Buffalo tried to get McDavid, and then rigged it to ensure they didn't but messed up the Toronto calculation (Toronto came closer to McDavid then Buffalo did) and Edmonton won it (Gretzky Connor comparison was juicy enough for Gary), and then changed the percentage rules at the top of the lottery for the next season, because if the NY Rangers and Boston Bruins were 1-2 tanking that year for Connor and Eichel and not Arizona-Buffalo, we know the league wouldn't have been so quick to change the lottery rules, because the league would have been overjoyed, and the one that lost with 'dignity' and the league ensured, even with worse odds to win then Buffalo had, that Toronto was gonna stay just where they are to get Matthews to get one of their darling teams the help they needed because of how poorly managed they were for decades, and provided a handout.

GMTM’s Folly versus Shanaplan

Will the Sabres continue their winning ways against the Atlantic’s Best Team?

Edited for accuracy :)

Edited by (E5)

Scheduling oddity as this is the first matchup between the two teams this season, and we will have all 4 of our games with Toronto in the final month of the season. 

NHL be dumb yo.

I don't know, imagine Toronto - Buffalo being a 1st round matchup after playing each other 4 times just before.

I think it would be one of the best 7 game series in years.

#Sabres lines at AM skate:

Girgensons-O’Reilly-Reinhart

Wilson-Larsson-Pominville

Nolan-Josefson-Okposo

Pouliot-Criscuolo-Baptiste

Scandella-Ristolainen

Guhle-Nelson

Beaulieu-Antipin

Gorges-Falk

Griffith not on a line

Per Yerdon

Figured for sure that if Scandella was healthy that Antipin would sit. Why? Because that's what always seems to happen. Good to see that he's likely in. Would prefer Falk stay in the lineup & Beaulieu take to the pressbox, but beggars can't be choosers. Would even prefer letting Gorges play against the team he hates most over Nathan.

That forward lineup does not look very appealing.

Understatement of the year candidate there.

But the lineup doesn't have to be good. Just good enough. ;)

Well,,, to make matters worse it's an NBCSN game.

I'll tune in... and then I will see if I go off and do something else.  Hopefully they show up tonight.

It'll be tough for NBCSN tonight, homer for the terrible American team without its star, or homer for Toronto whom no one south of Fort Erie cares about.

Scheduling oddity as this is the first matchup between the two teams this season, and we will have all 4 of our games with Toronto in the final month of the season. 

NHL be dumb yo.

I'll take it.  If they'd played all 4 games in October, they probably would have swept us.  I like our odds better now with the Sabres improved team play.

That forward lineup does not look very appealing. 

I know, I thought the same thing.  And the Leafs will think the same thing.  And they will be shocked by how well the cogs mesh for the Sabres tonight.

It'll be tough for NBCSN tonight, homer for the terrible American team without its star, or homer for Toronto whom no one south of Fort Erie cares about.

I hope they home it up for TO and TO loses.  :P

I don't mind Rob and his hillbilly Canadian speak.

No yor rite.

I'll take it.  If they'd played all 4 games in October, they probably would have swept us.  I like our odds better now with the Sabres improved team play.

I know, I thought the same thing.  And the Leafs will think the same thing.  And they will be shocked by how well the cogs mesh for the Sabres tonight.

I hope they home it up for TO and TO loses.  :P

I'm worried the Sabres blew it with Boston and Tampa. You know Babcock is saying, "these guys just took it to the best teams in the league; look past them at our own peril".

I don't understand the logic behind that 3rd line but who am I to question it?

I think the logic is this:  Nolan and Ok are pretty good forecheckers, so they may throw that line at one of the TO top two lines to try to keep them out of the Sabres D zone.  and between Ok and Josefson, maybe they will even squeeze out a goal for.

I don't understand the logic behind that 3rd line but who am I to question it?

Karabast! At least let the video game auto-sort our lines based on rankings. Then, give the top line all the lovely offensive zone starts so ROR doesn't have to skate 30 minutes/game throughout the remainder of the season. Keep that one sacrificial third line with some veterans to get the defense role.

Reinhart - ROR - Okposo

Wilson - Girgensons - Baptiste

Pouliot- Larsson - Pominville

Criscuolo - Josefson - Nolan

I'm worried the Sabres blew it with Boston and Tampa. You know Babcock is saying, "these guys just took it to the best teams in the league; look past them at our own peril".

Good.  Let's take them on head-to-head.  I'm up for it.  I think the Sabres will be up for it too.

Good.  Let's take them on head-to-head.  I'm up for it.  I think the Sabres will be up for it too.

Nope, I want the Leafs to be terrible and not ready. Frankly, I want this game to be a blowout which sends them into a tailspin. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.