Meet Danny O'Regan

WildCard

O’Reagan also had his first pro season last year, following a four-year career at Boston University. He won the AHL Rookie of the Year award after putting up 23 goals and 58 points in 63 games. He was not quite as good in the playoffs as he added just seven points in 15 games. The Sharks called up O’Reagan for a short stint. He played three games and also scored his first NHL goal.

Skating

A pint-sized scorer, this 5’10″ centre has very good speed and skating ability. He also has the ability to make plays with the puck while skating at top speed. He’s got outstanding edge work and agility, which combines with his great stick handling to make him extremely dangerous off the rush. A low centre of gravity helps him to maintain his balance and fight through checks.

Offensive Game

O’Regan has great vision, and has excellent passing ability. He is able to thread passes tape-to-tape through the smallest of openings. He can score goals, as O’Regan has good hands, and a good release on his shot, but will need to improve its power to become a big-time goal scoring threat. O’Regan also must improve his strength in order to be a better player on the boards and in front of the net.

Defensive Game

O’Regan is a willing and able back checker.  He plays a responsible game and supports the defence down low. More strength would be a real help in his game. He is sometimes overpowered when trying to contain against a big forward in the cycle game.

Outlook

O’Reagan’s future may be on the wing, where his size will be less of a factor due to the reduced defensive responsibilities. He will come to camp looking to make the jump to the NHL full-time. While his upside is not as high as Meier, he is more NHL ready. A strong camp would get O’Reagan a full-time spot in the Sharks line-up.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/08/13/tsp-san-jose-sharks-prospects/ (written at the start of the 2017 season)

Edited by Jokertecken

I posted in the other thread but it got lost in the shuffle...

He had 154 points in 154 career college games. His best year was the year Jack was there, to no ones surprise. He was a junior. Jack put up 71 points, ERod posted 61, and O’Regan scored 50. What a team that was.

The most important question that O’Regan raises is this: how does the barracuda from SJ’s AHL logo keep hockey gloves on its fins?

CxizyYNK_400x400.jpg

We needed an Irishman on the team

What we need is more guys from Norway.

Neither of whom are Irish, either.

Going back, I assume? Yeah, that's one of my pet peeves. One of my brothers claims to be Italian, as do two of his sons. Well, not really. The kids' great grandparents, yes. And that's just one side. My other grandparents were born here, but their parents came from Germany and Ireland.

Going back, I assume? Yeah, that's one of my pet peeves. One of my brothers claims to be Italian, as do two of his sons. Well, not really. The kids' great grandparents, yes. And that's just one side. My other grandparents were born here, but their parents came from Germany and Ireland.

My last name would indicated that I'm English, but my ancestry is mostly Polish and German, and at one point in the early 20th century my familial last name was extremely Polish. But I also suspect that my Polish heritage is more Russian than Polish, so who the hell knows. 

I'm a white guy. 

My last name would indicated that I'm English, but my ancestry is mostly Polish and German, and at one point in the early 20th century my familial last name was extremely Polish. But I also suspect that my Polish heritage is more Russian than Polish, so who the hell knows. 

I'm a white guy. 

Racist.

Exactly.  My four grandparents were Italian.  I'm American.  

Also, Norwegians are at hockey.

Exactly.  My four grandparents were Italian.  I'm American.  

Also, Norwegians are ###### at hockey.

Just curious if your parents feel/felt the same way you do. That gets a little trickier. Let's say an American couple post-Trump moves to Canada, they become Canadian citizens and have a kid. Is the kid Canadian?

(My nephews are/were just trying to impress girls.)

Edited by PASabreFan

My great grandparents on my Dads side were from Luxembourgh.( I can't even spell it ). My great grandparents on me wee moms side were from Ireland. I also have Metis blood. My nephew has his status card for the purpose of college tuition. He's technically whiter than me due to dilution. I would never apply for status for the simple reason I haven't lived the native experience. I'm white. I'm also Canadian. No rooting for Ireland or Luxembourgh in the olympics. I know 2nd and 3rd generation Canadians who root for the Netherlands in the Olympics. I don't get that.

Just curious if your parents feel/felt the same way you do. That gets a little trickier. Let's say an American couple post-Trump moves to Canada, they become Canadian citizens and have a kid. Is the kid Canadian?

For the most part, they do feel the same way.  

In your hypothetical, the kid is Canadian.

I have a Russian girlfriend who is an American citizen.  She was born in Moscow, moved here at age four.  She can call herself Russian if she wants to.

The kid would definitely be Canadian. I think if it were me making the move I would probably have no trouble adjusting to calling myself Canadian either. Growing up here on the border already makes me feel like I can claim dual-citizenship. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.