GDT:Capitals at Sabres 3 pm 2/19/18 MSG GR

Brawndo

I've been out of the country for the past two weeks in Sri Lanka and getting back to find about Jack and his ankle has been rougher than the jet lag.

Is it even worth watching now? Given the choice between Johnson and an Ullmark who played last night I'd imagine you'd have to go with Ullmark. We know what to expect with Johnson.

I've been out of the country for the past two weeks in Sri Lanka and getting back to find about Jack and his ankle has been rougher than the jet lag.

Is it even worth watching now? Given the choice between Johnson and an Ullmark who played last night I'd imagine you'd have to go with Ullmark. We know what to expect with Johnson.

That'd be your call. Since Eichel went down, they've played well & then the last 2 games happened where they were bad. This last one, they were as bad during the 1st 40 minutes as they were against Dallas.

Don't know if Housley ripped them a new one again or not.

The smart money says this one'll be ugly, but then again, there's a reason they play 'em. Will most likely watch on tape (ok, dvr) delay after dinner.

Family day over here.

You get that NS or is it just an Ontario thing?

Yup.  A few years ago we were given NS Heritage Day.  Like I need a day off (that's rich at the height of December 31st year end season and just as tax season is coming at our throats).  This year we are honouring Mona Parsons who hid downed Allied pilots from the Germans in WWII ...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/halifax-nova-scotia-heritage-day-2018-hours-1.4540483

=====

A 4 PMer.  Awesome.

JUST WIN, BABY!!

GO SABRES!!

Family day over here.

You get that NS or is it just an Ontario thing?

I can't remember exactly which ones, but theres a couple provinces that use that name, the rest celebrate is Louis Riel day?

Side note: 1970s: ugly decade, or ugliest decade?

Clothing or people?

I'm sure the 80s could put up a good fight against them.....

Actually, Johnson has played well his last few starts, believe he was in for the Boston and Tampa wins

Yup.  A few years ago we were given NS Heritage Day.  Like I need a day off (that's rich at the height of December 31st year end season and just as tax season is coming at our throats).  This year we are honouring Mona Parsons who hid downed Allied pilots from the Germans in WWII ...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/halifax-nova-scotia-heritage-day-2018-hours-1.4540483

=====

A 4 PMer.  Awesome.

JUST WIN, BABY!!

GO SABRES!!

I know the reason most provinces went with the Hoilday was because people complained that we had too long of a stretch from New Years Day to Easter without a paid Holiday so thats what gave some 'Family Day'

I can't remember exactly which ones, but theres a couple provinces that use that name, the rest celebrate is Louis Riel day?

It's only Louis Riel Day in Manitoba, as far as I know. Most other provinces call it 'Family Day'. Not all provinces get the holiday though.

And, it's only a provincial day, so if you work for the feds you are at work today. I can't go buy booze (not that I would), but I do get my mail delivered.

25% off Winter Classic Merch at the Sabres store if you're going to the game and want to spend money on this team. 

Another afternoon for you to save 25% on all #SabresNHL_2017_2018_Buff_Sabres.png #WinterClassic merchandise. Today only! Other great sales on jerseys and World Juniors merch - call or visit us today!

25% off Winter Classic Merch at the Sabres store if you're going to the game and want to spend money on this team. 

SabresStore‏ @SabresStore 21m21 minutes ago

More

Another afternoon for you to save 25% on all #SabresNHL_2017_2018_Buff_Sabres.png #WinterClassic merchandise. Today only! Other great sales on jerseys and World Juniors merch - call or visit us today!

I bought tickets already. Not keen on spending more money.

I'm teetering between apathy and anger with respect to this team.

A huge part of me doesn't care.  I watch less than a period of most games after having watch literally every minute of every game the past several years.

The other part of me is mad.  Mad at these players.  Instead of falling in love with the young guys and this team, I don't like them because they simply don't care and fail to even put forth legit effort.

In my 20+ years as a fan, I can honestly say, I've never felt worse about a team and at the same time cared less.

Sad.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.