GDT: Lightning at Sabres 2/13/18 7:00pm MSG

Sabel79

I guess even my Patrick Sharp comparison isn’t apropriate. He’s simply a RW I guess and needs to be factored in as such from now on.

I agree Erod is not a full time NHLer. And that says alot about the center depth we thought we had.

This lineup is more about the roles the players will have next year and the year after than about trying to win this game.  Eichel, ROR and Mittelstadt will be our top three centers going forward.  Sam plays well on the wing.  Let his development there continue.  If we were in a playoff run, I think you see Sam at center with this collection of players.

The required reminder for anyone evaluating the lines...

SHOWCASE!

That's all you need to think about.

I'll be at Section 5 Hockey Playoffs tonight... I might get back in time to turn on the game.. or the Olympics.. or both.

I'll be attending tonight - I got a call from an old friend who happened into some very nice tickets and he wanted to make an evening of it.

This is a guy who used to drink everyone under the table, back in the day. He's mellowed out considerably since (in fact, the arsehole ran a half marathon in 2017!). But, um, it is Mardi Gras. So we got that going for us.

I think I'm starting to like what HCPH is doing with the defensive pairings lately.  Nelson is hanging in there with Scandella on the top pair.  Not perfect, but good experience for Nelson to play those kinds of minutes and competition.  Meanwhile, Risto doesn't have to carry the heavy load; it might be good for him.  He may be more of a second pair guy anyway.

I'll be attending tonight - I got a call from an old friend who happened into some very nice tickets and he wanted to make an evening of it.

This is a guy who used to drink everyone under the table, back in the day. He's mellowed out considerably since (in fact, the arsehole ran a half marathon in 2017!). But, um, it is Mardi Gras. So we got that going for us.

...which is nice.

Sabres’ new lines:

Pouliot-O’Reilly-Reinhart

Kane-Rodrigues-Okposo

Wilson-Larsson-Pominville

Girgensons-Josefson-Baptiste

Sabres’ defense:

Scandella-Nelson

Beaulieu-Ristolainen

Falk-Antipin

Nolan-Gorges

My Lord, this is an absolutely awful roster on paper. No hope in sight. 

Am I the only one who thinks this will be a tight game? Team has played very well the last two games and seems to have turned a corner over the past month.

I'm with you Diddy, after playing the Laffs last night and this being their 3rd game in 4 nights, we'll look better against them than we probably should if they were rested. Plus your right, we have been more competitive this past month. Besides NS is getting infectious 

On a side note, has anyone watched the women's hockey in the Olympics, that USA-Canada game should be a good one. I'm actually pretty impressed with the women's teams, their much better than what you see in the WNBA or women's soccer league games. 

I'm with you Diddy, after playing the Laffs last night and this being their 3rd game in 4 nights, we'll look better against them than we probably should if they were rested. Plus your right, we have been more competitive this past month. Besides NS is getting infectious 

On a side note, has anyone watched the women's hockey in the Olympics, that USA-Canada game should be a good one. I'm actually pretty impressed with the women's teams, their much better than what you see in the WNBA or women's soccer league games. 

As to the latter, I have not yet watched any of the hockey. But I hope to.

For my own part, I greatly enjoy watching top flight women's soccer -- women's basketball, not so much (although I don't watch much basketball of any kind).

This lineup is more about the roles the players will have next year and the year after than about trying to win this game.  Eichel, ROR and Mittelstadt will be our top three centers going forward.  Sam plays well on the wing.  Let his development there continue.  If we were in a playoff run, I think you see Sam at center with this collection of players.

You're likely correct that they want Sam to continue to work at RW, but Phil wants this squad winning.  If Phil thought Sam gives us a better shot at winning form center ice, there is no doubt in my mind that is where he'd be in the lineup tonight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.