Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Yeah, Jim Kelly made a few of those too.  So did Brett Favre.  Give him the right system and he'll be fine.

Probably not. His issues aren't system-driven.

Either grab a pitchfork or get out

:lol:

I have one! I'm just not indiscriminately targeting everyone in my path!

One bright side: I think this puts a dent in any narrative about Brandon being involved in football decisions. No way is Allen the pick if they're thinking about placating the fan base.

Hmmm.... I put WC, Liger, inky and juju on ignore, and now this thread is readable again.

For the record, it's not that you disagree with the pick that did it, it's that the four of you keeps saying the same things OVER AND OVER.  Give it a rest guys, you probably need to take a break.

Actually, WC's last two videos have me not hating this pick as much.

Allen and Edmunds are on their way to Buffalo right now and will meet with the media this afternoon. I heard that Allen will speak at 4pm but did not hear about Edmunds. 

I feel bad for Edmunds. He is a really really really good player and we should be talking about how dangerous our defense could become. 

As someone who cringed on hearing who they picked, I will say: It is pure folly to decry the pick at this point. No one knows how this will all unfold. Allen is a polarizing prospect. I see pundits who love the pick and those who hate it. I will look forward to seeing what he can do.

(In the 2019 season.)

Thank you for posting plays showing his upside.  

Allen is this years "unlimited potential" prospect.  Credible analysts thought he was worthy to be taken 1st overall.  And Beane spent a swap of 1st and 2 2nd rounders.  Certainly didn't overpay.  Buffalo made a respectable trade/pick.  They're going for the fences on this one.  May as well be for a guy w/ the highest ceiling. 

This is a good point, too. Credit to Beane for not parting with the other 1st. That was impressive.

Of course, he turned around and moved up again (which seems like a no-no).

I'm not sure why Pegula is being piled on right now. Have you all listened to McDermott talk for the last year? This has him written all over it.

I'm fairly convinced that Terry was the ultimate decision maker here. The guy loves upside.

Maybe the concussions were a game changer - one more serious head hit and Rosen could be done. 

This is a legitimate point. 

Josh Allen is a solid name. Better than Patrick Mahomes as far as names go. So there is that. 

I've been struggling with this: "Josh" strikes me as a total non-starter on the "does he have a QB name" test. Is that unfair?

The last name works quite well.

Hmmm.... I put WC, Liger, inky and juju on ignore, and now this thread is readable again.

For the record, it's not that you disagree with the pick that did it, it's that the four of you keeps saying the same things OVER AND OVER.  Give it a rest guys, you probably need to take a break.

I'm a believer that every message board needs widely disagreeing opinions to keep it interesting. This would be a really boring place if we all thought alike. I'll state my mind even it if goes against 99% of the board. But, I completely agree that the game of "I'll post the same thing 100 times in various forms to convince you that you're wrong" gets exhausting. It's like arguing politics.

He’ll probably be 3rd early in the year. He reminds me of Jay Cutler. We have to hope he develops into Brett Farve.

I wonder if Rosen’s concussion history was the issue there.

I love the move to get Edmunds. He is only 19. I think we’ll love this guy. We haven’t had a dynamic lb since Biscuit.

Y’all were dying to move up and grab a franchise QB. I have been saying for weeks all these guys have major issues and we got the one with the most issues but the most upside. If this works we are in our way toward being a great team. If not, they’ll know pretty quickly and we’ll draft another QB next year. We could also get lucky and AJ proves he can be a starting QB.

Here's hoping Allen is all that.

Last night was a perfect storm for me. I was in a bad mood to begin with, then the trade, then the pick. Had they picked him at 12, I could have dealt with it. Giving up so much draft capital to get there was a gut punch. Then taking the one QB in the class that has the most questions. Twenty five years of futility exploded out of me in one fell swoop. I'm rooting for the kid. Edmunds looks great. Here's hoping these two lead our woeful team to the promised land. Please God, please.

Lost in all this is that beane only payed 2 2nd round picks..... That's great, considering the needs and the way this draft played out. The dolphins got no one, think on that. We crept into 7 and picked a guy that has a shot.... I would have rather had Rosen, but what If the injury history was that significant, I'm gonna give them a pass because of that fact alone, we've all seen what injuries to the QB position can do to a team

As someone who cringed on hearing who they picked, I will say: It is pure folly to decry the pick at this point. No one knows how this will all unfold. Allen is a polarizing prospect. I see pundits who love the pick and those who hate it. I will look forward to seeing what he can do.

(In the 2019 season.)

It's not pure folly. Obviously, nothing is certain, but there's a boat load of valid tape breakdowns and statistics to form reasonable predictions on.

He’ll probably be 3rd early in the year. He reminds me of Jay Cutler. We have to hope he develops into Brett Farve.

I wonder if Rosen’s concussion history was the issue there.

I love the move to get Edmunds. He is only 19. I think we’ll love this guy. We haven’t had a dynamic lb since Biscuit.

Y’all were dying to move up and grab a franchise QB. I have been saying for weeks all these guys have major issues and we got the one with the most issues but the most upside. If this works we are in our way toward being a great team. If not, they’ll know pretty quickly and we’ll draft another QB next year. We could also get lucky and AJ proves he can be a starting QB.

1) Doubt it. Rosen isn't a "trust the process" guy. He has opinions about what his coaches do.

2) Um, Bryce Paup? Pre-injury Sam Cowart and Takeo Spikes? 

Lost in all this is that beane only payed 2 2nd round picks..... That's great, considering the needs and the way this draft played out. The dolphins got no one, think on that. We crept into 7 and picked a guy that has a shot.... I would have rather had Rosen, but what If the injury history was that significant, I'm gonna give them a pass because of that fact alone, we've all seen what injuries to the QB position can do to a team

I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's actually a king's ransom to move up only 5 spots.

I think 2 second round picks is a steep price. Those are NFL starters we gave away. If Allen turns into Rodgers, the point is moot, otherwise we'll be constantly reminded, see Sammy Watkins, what they gave up to get him.

That's what's coming, the constant, incessant, nauseating, reminders of what could have been. Let's hope there is no need.

I think 2 second round picks is a steep price. Those are NFL starters we gave away. If Allen turns into Rodgers, the point is moot, otherwise we'll be constantly reminded, see Sammy Watkins, what they gave up to get him.

That's what's coming, the constant, incessant, nauseating, reminders of what could have been. Let's hope there is no need.

You are correct.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.