Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Damn, add his tools to his story and it’s no wonder McBeane (and Pegula) fell for this kid.

http://www.fresnobee.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/marek-warszawski/article209811029.html

Very reminiscent of EJ Manuel in a lot of ways.

Wonder if they will be able to teach him to play football.

Edited by dudacek

Our only hope is Fromm next year. Given the complete ineptitude of our front office, and the montra of Because Buffalo making a full and warranted comeback, I can't wait to ###### it up again

Look at his pocket in your second GIF there. He will never see a space that clear in his entire NFL career, and that's what he did with it. 

(WARNING: i'm gonna use hashtags so millennials can understand)

Tie game 1 minute to play... 40 yard dime,  running backwards off his back foot nonetheless... WR has no separation, yet he delivers it. on. the. money.  #CLUTCH #JUSTWINBABY #ARMTALENT #ACCURATE

GraveAmazingAmericanbittern-size_restric

Time winding down in the 4th quarter, down by 8..... escapes a collapsing pocket, fires a rocket under duress in a pressure situation and puts it in a place only his WR an catch.... #WINNER #CLUTCH #NEVERGIVEUP #FAVRESQUE

josh-allen-big-play-td.gif?w=530&h=297

Showing some nice touch playing with some talent finally.  #DIME  #DROPINTHEBUCKET #TIGHTCOVERAGE #DOESNTMATTER

joshallen.0.gif

Edited by pi2000

blitz.jpg

This is one of the things they have to work on - in the face of a blitz, once in a while he has a really slick side step, or climbs the ladder, and he can make good throws when he does it. But he is so bad at CHOOSING to do it right now, he panics, kills his progression, and everyone has to improvise while he runs out of the pocket. But there ARE instances where he hangs in there, and keeps his cool, and he's working on footwork. We just have to hope that it's fruitful work. 

At the very least, this isn't due to an inherent inaccuracy of his arm, it's because of footwork blown up by a tendency to dance and panic almost every dropback it sometimes feels like, but that is more correctable than some accuracy issues.

completion_percentage.jpg

I'm trying to be optimistic but it's hard.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/24/17271686/josh-allen-nfl-draft-2018-stats-analysis-comparisons

Edited by Randall Flagg

Someone posted upthread a quote from Rex about how Pegula is a bold guy.

Mayock opined that Allen has the most upside of any QB (player?) in the draft.

I’m pretty confident that Pegula played a significant decision making role in targeting Allen, at some point. (The part where the FO pros teed it up and asked “what sort of risk/reward do you prefer, Terry?”).

Might be the same tendency that had him sign off on FGMTM’s ill-fated rapid rebuild.

A little more:

Beane’s quotes are confusing to me. “Every QB had a knock on him.” So the Bills took the one whose primary knock (accuracy) is demonstrably the hardest to overcome (e.g., EJ Manuel).

Allen on his awful teenaged Tweets: I saw quotes about how he needs to be more careful on social media — NOT quotes more expressly saying that the things he Tweeted were stupid, awful, wrong, and no longer the sorts of things he’d say. More so that he needs to be careful about what he does say.

cowboooooos.0.gif

TallMetallicBuffalo-size_restricted.gif.

What about this is remotely impressive. Find one play in there that makes you feel good...and it's against Iowa FFS

TBD shows other videos where he was spot on and not running for his life right out the gate.  What I see are happy feet, strong arm, quick release, needs to find a rhythm and stick to it.  He does scan the field, but is inconsistent with throwing it away.  Nothing with his throwing motion needs fixing.   Learning to stay with the play, hang in the pocket more and keep his base which he did much better his junior year with better receivers he trusted.  They didn't need separation, just that he trusted their hands.  He won't be ready this year, but if he can gain some experience filling in and preseason he could be very good.  Doesn't have that long wind up that gets other QBs like EJ in trouble.  Hope it works, have no idea if it will.

Someone posted upthread a quote from Rex about how Pegula is a bold guy.

Mayock opined that Allen has the most upside of any QB (player?) in the draft.

I’m pretty confident that Pegula played a significant decision making role in targeting Allen, at some point. (The part where the FO pros teed it up and asked “what sort of risk/reward do you prefer, Terry?”).

Might be the same tendency that had him sign off on FGMTM’s ill-fated rapid rebuild.

A little more:

Beane’s quotes are confusing to me. “Every QB had a knock on him.” So the Bills took the one whose primary knock (accuracy) is demonstrably the hardest to overcome (e.g., EJ Manuel).

Allen on his awful teenaged Tweets: I saw quotes about how he needs to be more careful on social media — NOT quotes more expressly saying that the things he Tweeted were stupid, awful, wrong, and no longer the sorts of things he’d say. More so that he needs to be careful about what he does say.

This pick has Pegula written all over it. He saw a kid who reminded him of Roethlisberger and said "I want him."

Tie game 1 minute to play... 40 yard dime, running backwards off his back foot nonetheless... WR has no separation, yet he delivers it. on. the. money. #CLUTCH #JUSTWINBABY #ARMTALENT #ACCURATE

Time winding down in the 4th quarter, down by 8..... escapes a collapsing pocket, fires a rocket under duress in a pressure situation and puts it in a place only his WR an catch.... #WINNER #CLUTCH #NEVERGIVEUP #FAVRESQUE

Showing some nice touch playing with some talent finally. #DIME #DROPINTHEBUCKET #TIGHTCOVERAGE #DOESNTMATTER

joshallen.0.gif

Yes, yes. And Tim Tebow once threw a perfect pass to win an NFL playoff game. EJ Manuel had some nice throws too. As did JP Losman, Kyle Boller, and any other number of inaccurate QBs who couldn't read defenses who just needed to be "coached up" to maximize their physical tools.

If you haven't watched this, please do. It is a very real look at the positives and negatives of Allen. IMPO the Bills need the best QB coach in the world to teach him this coming year. I wouldn't play him this season. I would put him at 3rd on the QB chart and wait. 

Edited by Skurk Liger

Tie game 1 minute to play... 40 yard dime,  running backwards off his back foot nonetheless... WR has no separation, yet he delivers it. on. the. money.  #CLUTCH #JUSTWINBABY #ARMTALENT #ACCURATE

Showing some nice touch playing with some talent finally.  #DIME  #DROPINTHEBUCKET #TIGHTCOVERAGE #DOESNTMATTER

joshallen.0.gif

Thank you for posting plays showing his upside.  

Allen is this years "unlimited potential" prospect.  Credible analysts thought he was worthy to be taken 1st overall.  And Beane spent a swap of 1st and 2 2nd rounders.  Certainly didn't overpay.  Buffalo made a respectable trade/pick.  They're going for the fences on this one.  May as well be for a guy w/ the highest ceiling. 

Edited by GoPre

Every time I hear someone, Allen or the Bills or National Pundits say anything about how he can play in cold weather, I shake my head and lose respect for whoever says it. 

Allen likes blue cheese on his wings. He will be #17. 

Allen is on WGR right now, and that was literally the first thing he said. :wallbash:

I am rooting for the kid, he seems like a well spoken poised guy. I just can't get over the feeling that I don't think he can actually play QB well. If we were casting a hollywood movie for a QB, he'd be the guy I cast if that helps. :unsure:

I need Dahlin now

All of the QBs have flaws. Dahlin was always the prize.

If it takes picking Allen to let us land Dahlin, I will take that. For me that is a better alternative to Rosen/Svechnikov

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.