Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

there aren't words you can say that will make me think otherwise. Allen is going to suck. I feel this way 1000 times more than you think he will succeed. Hes terrible. It's unfortunate. You may be my conduit to pure Joy reciting his stats from the 5-10 NFL game he may end up playing.

I want him to succeed but the Bills colossul failure in handling this draft is going to fall on you for your support of this terrible QB.

Good luck dude. I hope he's great.

Ink nailed it. There is 0.0% chance Allen is even in the league after 4 years. That means we get a new HC and GM after 3-4 years, a new process, and a whole new draft where we will never have as good as opportunity and will prolly still it up Because Buffalo.

Ink is right, this is another decade of

Edited by Jokertecken

No you don't - you hope he sucks cuz you're mad. Don't worry - all things pass.

Mad? Mad is what happenes when you stub your toe on a couch someone moved 3 inches to clean. Mad is being stuck in traffic for 20 minutes for a rubber necked delay. I'm apocalyptic right now. I'd pick up Josh Allen at the airport, Plat drugs on him and call the cops. Get this away from my team.

Mad? Mad is what happenes when you stub your toe on a couch someone moved 3 inches to clean. Mad is being stuck in traffic for 20 minutes for a rubber necked delay. I'm ###### apocalyptic right now. I'd pick up Josh Allen at the airport, Plat drugs on him and call the cops. Get this ###### away from my team.

Take your frustrations out on McBeane. Find out why they picked Allen over the fragile one. Since they couldn't get to #2 and only the two Josh(s) were left, maybe they thought Allen is a better fit in a blue collar town. Or maybe they didn't like Rosen's medicals or his attitude. And maybe they didn't like Jackson, as he's still out there. 

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/989692042132512769

Edited by Gramps

Ink nailed it. There is 0.0% chance Allen is even in the league after 4 years. That means we get a new HC and GM after 3-4 years, a new process, and a whole new draft where we will never have as good as opportunity and will prolly still ###### it up Because Buffalo.

Ink is right, this is another decade of ######

I'll take that bet. I like the Allen pick (me and Gramps against the world). All I can say is I'm a college football junkie and I see a kid who went JUCO then played 2 years at a nothing program with no talent around him. IMHO it's not about his college resume. It's about what he can become with good coaching. When Wyoming went up against much better programs (Iowa, Oregon, Boise State) his stats suffered. The other guys - Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield - played at blue blood programs with NFL-type coaching. So, they're clearly ahead of Allen at this point. But, I think Allen is a kid with better physical tools than all of them... he just hasn't really been coached. It's a gamble, no doubt. But, the "automatic bust, sky is falling" stuff is way overblown IMHO. But, this is a controversial pick, no doubt. So, I get it.

I'll take that bet. I like the Allen pick (me and Gramps against the world). All I can say is I'm a college football junkie and I see

a kid who went JUCO then played 2 years at a nothing program with no talent around him. IMHO it's not about his college resume. It's about what he can become with good coaching. When Wyoming went up against much better programs (Iowa, Oregon, Boise State) his stats suffered. The other guys - Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield - played at blue blood programs with NFL-type coaching. So, they're clearly ahead of Allen at this point. But, I think Allen is a kid with better physical tools than all of them... he just hasn't really been coached. It's a gamble, no doubt. But, the "automatic bust, sky is falling" stuff is way overblown IMHO. But, this is a controversial pick, no doubt. So, I get it.

I will leave this board for a year if Allen is a starter in this league in 2022

Take your frustrations out on McBeane. Find out why they picked Allen over the fragile one. Since they couldn't get to #2 and only the two Josh(s) were left, maybe they thought Allen is a better fit in a blue collar town. Or maybe they didn't like Rosen's medicals or his attitude. And maybe they didn't like Jackson, as he's still out there.

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/989692042132512769

Occam's Razor: Because they're dumb

I'll take that bet. I like the Allen pick (me and Gramps against the world). All I can say is I'm a college football junkie and I see a kid who went JUCO then played 2 years at a nothing program with no talent around him. IMHO it's not about his college resume. It's about what he can become with good coaching. When Wyoming went up against much better programs (Iowa, Oregon, Boise State) his stats suffered. The other guys - Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield - played at blue blood programs with NFL-type coaching. So, they're clearly ahead of Allen at this point. But, I think Allen is a kid with better physical tools than all of them... he just hasn't really been coached. It's a gamble, no doubt. But, the "automatic bust, sky is falling" stuff is way overblown IMHO. But, this is a controversial pick, no doubt. So, I get it.

My issue is that post-snap reads and accuracy are the two most difficult things to learn, and there simply aren't examples of guys being bad at them in college and having those particular things coached up. But history is littered with teams thinking they COULD and failing.

And Josh's are worse than bad. 

My issue is that post-snap reads and accuracy are the two most difficult things to learn, and there simply aren't examples of guys being bad at them in college and having those particular things coached up. But history is littered with teams thinking they COULD and failing.

And Josh's are worse than bad. 

Seriously, don't you think McBeane and all of the scouts looked at this ? 

In 2016, he had NFL-caliber players around him and still ranked 101 out of 133 QBs in PFF's adjusted completion percentage.  By Football Outsiders' QBASE formula, he has a negative QBASE.  The best, best, QB ever with a negative QBASE is Josh McCown or Brian Greise.  He was more off target than DeShone Kizer's final season.  Against the blitz, the other top-6 QBs all had ratings over 100.  Allen had a 73.4.  30% of his pass attempts were within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, a higher rate than Mayfield, Rosen, or Darnold, debunking the myth that the system he played in negatively affected his stats.

I'm with you. I think he will be better than just good. At Wyoming he rarely threw a screen pass, and that's half the reason his completion % suffered. A screen pass is basically a handoff. Mayfield threw screens a lot, just like Brady does. And the Bills have always sucked at screens anyways. I'm not ready to jump ship like most are already. As for the Sabres.....that ship has sailed.

They'd only be the 500th front office to fail in prizing arm strength over more important attributes.

Jamarcus Russell worked out well for the Raiders.*

*If you consider that had they taken a good QB thst year, they wouldn't have been looking for a QB when the good Carr came along. ;)

:(

In 2016, he had NFL-caliber players around him and still ranked 101 out of 133 QBs in PFF's adjusted completion percentage.  By Football Outsiders' QBASE formula, he has a negative QBASE.  The best, best, QB ever with a negative QBASE is Josh McCown or Brian Greise.  He was more off target than DeShone Kizer's final season.  Against the blitz, the other top-6 QBs all had ratings over 100.  Allen had a 73.4.  30% of his pass attempts were within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, a higher rate than Mayfield, Rosen, or Darnold, debunking the myth that the system he played in negatively affected his stats.

Never seen him play, have you? You just copied and posted a tweet by Steve Palazzolo

I'm with you. I think he will be better than just good. At Wyoming he rarely threw a screen pass, and that's half the reason his completion % suffered. A screen pass is basically a handoff. Mayfield threw screens a lot, just like Brady does. And the Bills have always sucked at screens anyways. I'm not ready to jump ship like most are already. As for the Sabres.....that ship has sailed.

He threw more short passes than Mayfield, Rosen, or Darnold.  Complain about dropped passes? His receivers dropped 4.8% of his throws, significantly better than 7.4% for Mayfield and 7.7% for Rosen.

Never seen him play, have you? You just copied and posted a tweet by Steve Palazzolo

Never seen Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, Jackson, Rudolph, White, Lauletta, McCarron, Peterman, or EJ Manuel play, have you?

And I didn't copy and paste a tweet by anyone, since I don't use Twitter.

Like when everyone in Buffalo hated the trade up to get Watkins and then it turned out awesome?

Or when everyone gave a big WTF wave at the EJ pick?

Now I have that comedian (Frank Caliente?) making fun of John Madden and how he used to bring up Brett Farve randomly during games. Thanks!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.