Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

And there are isolated patches of pocket presence as well. I believe liger posted a video with a play where his footwork to slide away from a blitz and unleash a bomb was pristine. I don't think he's a guy who's afraid necessarily - I think he was trained by his ###### line to assume it was going to break down at any moment, and would often abandon and look to pull a Favre/Rodgers style roll and chuck when it wasn't time to do so. But this hasn't been EJ Manuel style, set-feet-still-overthrowing and refusing to trust himself, at least.

There's some evidence that he does have the ability to slide in the pocket. His footwork is a major reason for his accuracy. If they can teach him pocket presence, it might work. I'm still sitting here just praying I'm wrong and he's good.

I would feel much better about this if the Bills had a QB Coach on Staff with a track record of developing QBs.

As Jon Ledyard said this is the worst situation Allen can be stepping into.

I'd like them to hire a coach specifically for Allen.

Time for some Josh Allen optimism - supposedly the release time on his genuinely good (when his feet are set) throwing motion is in Tom Brady territory. And that's one of my favorite Tom Brady traits.

And watching any film I can get, it's clear that with the proper footwork, he does throw accurately. Accuracy issues that stem from your feet and hips are easily the most correctable ones. And he's already been working on it for months, apparently, having identified the problem. 

He's so, so raw and I would happily let him sit for a season and a half, or even two, especially if he has to learn Erhardt-Perkins. Our line and offense in general is a mess. We'll likely experience an on field lull next year and the year after getting these guys (and that wonderful piece of human Edmunds, who I am incredibly excited about) coached up. That could lead to some high picks and greater talent being added at the top of the draft, and then all of a sudden, with 100 million in cap space, we'll be SB contenders, with the tightest locker room in the league, guys that play for each other and this city and not themselves.

At least, that's the plan. They definitely have one, and have been sticking to it this whole time. It's better than anything I've seen this franchise do in my lifetime before it. 

Great post - that's the spirit. Edmunds is a beast at 6'5'" and Phillips is a great pick. Here's to more success today. 

Is Incognito playing or not?

Groy was fine when Wood was out for a huge stretch of 2016, and Dawkins played in place of Glenn for all but 5 games last year anyway, so I don't think our line will be that much different for McCarron. And hopefully he's quicker/more decisive than the guy that required the most time to throw over the past few years, making them look better. 

It's still obviously a need going forward, but I won't worry too much about it until we need to start seeing what Allen is made of, which should not be in the calendar year 2018. 

What's the inside story on Wyatt ? Scouting report says his play declined a lot in 2017.

Ignore these "experts" who don't know what the hell they're talking about. He was first team All-ACC this past season for a reason. Wyatt came to Tech as a top DL recruit but was switched to OL as a freshman. He is a weight room freak and blew up from around 265 to 315 over his 5 years at Tech. Is an absolute road grater as a run blocker. If VT needed tough yards they ran left behind Teller. He destroys guys and plays angry (which occasionally leads to some Incognito-type penalties). Good athlete. ...I can't for the life of me imagine he isn't an upgrade over a guy like Vlad Ducasse (although I guess we shall see).

Is Incognito playing or not?

Groy was fine when Wood was out for a huge stretch of 2016, and Dawkins played in place of Glenn for all but 5 games last year anyway, so I don't think our line will be that much different for McCarron. And hopefully he's quicker/more decisive than the guy that required the most time to throw over the past few years, making them look better.

It's still obviously a need going forward, but I won't worry too much about it until we need to start seeing what Allen is made of, which should not be in the calendar year 2018.

Of course, the other guy also bailed them out in a way McCarron won't be able to. It'll probably be a wash.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.