Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

The Cowboys pausing the draft, mid-pick, to have military members stand on stage while the entire Lee Greenwood 'Proud to be an American' song is blasted throughout the stadium, is absolutely absurd 

It's almost as if the whole "keep politics out of sports" blowback against Kaepernick didn't actually have anything to do with politics in sports...

It's almost as if the whole "keep politics out of sports" blowback against Kaepernick didn't actually have anything to do with politics in sports...

'Celebrities should stick to their stuff, unless of course they agree with me'

i.e. the same people who hated Kaepernick and LeBron for voicing social/politcal voices...wonder where they are now that Kanye West is all over twitter hyping up the other side?

I've been taking a lot of time to look into and reflect upon America's roots in classical liberalism, and to appreciate what those roots have meant for the strength of the society in which I live and the opportunities in life I have because of them. It often fills me with immense pride and humility. I am happy to be a member and will always try to maintain the perspective of and behave in a way that is in line with these roots.

I cannot say that interrupting NFL games and drafts to blare that song and indulge in the showmanship that the military is required to pay for, as basically an advertisement, fills me with remotely close to the same type or amount of pride. It makes me slightly embarrassed, mostly annoyed.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Andre Reed and Fred Jackson just did the coolest thing. They acknowledged super fan Pancho Billa in the crowd, and wanted to wish him well on his cancer treatment. As the fan starts tearing up with the cameras on him, they invite him on stage for pictures and let him announce the pick.

Really cool moment. Well done guys

Edit: Oh yeah, the pick was Harrison Phillips, DT outta Stanford

Edited by Jokertecken

42 bench press reps at the combine. That's impressive. ...Led Stanford in tackles last year as a DT. That's ridiculous.

Very impressive. People are loving this pick

Mark Gaughan @gggaughan 39s40 seconds ago

I don't know if he'll be great but he will not be a bust. Mayock had him No. 46. ESPN's Jeff Legwold 34, Gil Brandt 56. . . . Bills took him at 96.

Very impressive. People are loving this pick

Many Kyle Williams comparisons. Smart kid who was a 3-time state wrestling champ, super productive, and is crazy strong. I like it.

...but losing Glenn, Incognito and Woods, I think we need to find some OL depth tomorrow. At least get a viable backup or two.

Time for some Josh Allen optimism - supposedly the release time on his genuinely good (when his feet are set) throwing motion is in Tom Brady territory. And that's one of my favorite Tom Brady traits.

And watching any film I can get, it's clear that with the proper footwork, he does throw accurately. Accuracy issues that stem from your feet and hips are easily the most correctable ones. And he's already been working on it for months, apparently, having identified the problem. 

He's so, so raw and I would happily let him sit for a season and a half, or even two, especially if he has to learn Erhardt-Perkins. Our line and offense in general is a mess. We'll likely experience an on field lull next year and the year after getting these guys (and that wonderful piece of human Edmunds, who I am incredibly excited about) coached up. That could lead to some high picks and greater talent being added at the top of the draft, and then all of a sudden, with 100 million in cap space, we'll be SB contenders, with the tightest locker room in the league, guys that play for each other and this city and not themselves.

At least, that's the plan. They definitely have one, and have been sticking to it this whole time. It's better than anything I've seen this franchise do in my lifetime before it. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

Time for some Josh Allen optimism - supposedly the release time on his genuinely good (when his feet are set) throwing motion is in Tom Brady territory. And that's one of my favorite Tom Brady traits.

And watching any film I can get, it's clear that with the proper footwork, he does throw accurately. Accuracy issues that stem from your feet and hips are easily the most correctable ones. And he's already been working on it for months, apparently, having identified the problem. 

He's so, so raw and I would happily let him sit for a season and a half, or even two, especially if he has to learn Erhardt-Perkins. Our line and offense in general is a mess. We'll likely experience an on field lull next year and the year after getting these guys (and that wonderful piece of human Edmunds, who I am incredibly excited about) coached up. That could lead to some high picks and greater talent being added at the top of the draft, and then all of a sudden, with 100 million in cap space, we'll be SB contenders, with the tightest locker room in the league, guys that play for each other and this city and not themselves.

At least, that's the plan. They definitely have one, and have been sticking to it this whole time. It's better than anything I've seen this franchise do in my lifetime before it. 

Spent awhile watching Allen film today too. When he does stay in the pocket and set his feet, he's actually very good. Doesn't make terrible decisions, throws over the middle, and really actually does go through his reads. The issue is what you've already said: he can't stay in the pocket. He panics, big time, from pressure up the middle, and will start to run immediately. If you can just get him to stay/step up in the pocket, he could work out

Edited by Jokertecken

Spent awhile watching Allen film today too. When he does stay in the pocket and set his feet, he's actually very good. Doesn't make terrible decisions, throws over the middle, and really actually does go through his reads. The issue is what you've already said: he can't stay in the pocket. He panics, big time, from pressure up the middle, and will start to run immediately. If you can just get him to stay/step up in the pocket, he could work out

I would feel much better about this if the Bills had a QB Coach on Staff with a track record of developing QBs.

As Jon Ledyard said this is the worst situation Allen can be stepping into.

And there are isolated patches of pocket presence as well. I believe liger posted a video with a play where his footwork to slide away from a blitz and unleash a bomb was pristine. I don't think he's a guy who's afraid necessarily - I think he was trained by his line to assume it was going to break down at any moment, and would often abandon and look to pull a Favre/Rodgers style roll and chuck when it wasn't time to do so. But this hasn't been EJ Manuel style, set-feet-still-overthrowing and refusing to trust himself, at least. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.