Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

They got a third rounder for a not-very-gold QB. You take that any day. It doesn’t seem especially stupid because they are where they planned to be (minus having a potential starter get hurt).

They used the pick they got for Taylor to move up in the first (can’t remember if it was for Allen or Edmunds).

They will not learn how to win this year because of it, but I do like the Edmunds pick which resulted from multiple trades.

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

And Peterman who won them the snow game. And Andy Dalton who threw a last play TD on 4th and 16.

Tyrod threw for more then 225 only 3 times. He topped 200 only 7 and one of those was 204yrds. He never topped 300 yrds. He only threw more than one td in 3 games. I'm good without him. 

Joe Webb won the snow game.

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Yes, the question is what if Josh Allen was better. 

Correct...

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

No. The question is if he would’ve had an opportunity at a bigger school. The problem with him coming out wasn’t ability. It was perception. He may have gotten devoured on a bigger campus but it’s sonetbing we can’t know.

I have no doubt he would’ve been wanted by several big programs had he decided to transfer before his last season. But as I mentioned above that would’ve been bad for him.

The question is academic and the continuing discussion is bordering on pedantic.  He wasn't good enough to play at a bigger school or with a better program.  He is who he is now.  

5 hours ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Personally I have to disagree.....I wouldn't want Taylor anywhere near either Peterman or Allen. 

Neither would I.  I'd prefer Taylor to be the Bills QB with Rosen learning, but here we are, and I'm rooting for Allen.  I'd prefer Peterman to be as far away from Buffalo as he was from his receivers in the San Diego game.

• Like (+1) 1

I like the overall dead-horse-beating of Peterman and the San Diego game. Five picks is brutal in two games, let alone a half, but two of those pricks were legitimately 0% on him and another was borderline. A lot of really fluky/bad plays from his targets.

On the idea that a rookie QB needs to see success from the bench to become successful:

QBs who have gone to the Super Bowl in recent years are...

Carson Wentz (and Nick Foles but it was Wentz’ team and he was the MVP prior to a late-season injury)

Tom Brady

Matt Ryan

Russell Wilson

Peyton Manning

Cam Newton

The only one of those who sat behind success is Tom Brady. Really the only time it happens is if it’s a mid-to-low-level prospect drafted by a contender. Successful quarterbacks generally aren’t replaced.

Edited by Hoss

4 hours ago, Hoss said:

On the idea that a rookie QB needs to see success from the bench to become successful:

QBs who have gone to the Super Bowl in recent years are...

Carson Wentz (and Nick Foles but it was Wentz’ team and he was the MVP prior to a late-season injury)

Tom Brady

Matt Ryan

Russell Wilson

Peyton Manning

Cam Newton

The only one of those who sat behind success is Tom Brady. Really the only time it happens is if it’s a mid-to-low-level prospect drafted by a contender. Successful quarterbacks generally aren’t replaced.

Again, if Allen makes it as a pro QB, I think he will be an exception and not a rule. However he gets there, I just hope he does. 

@RapSheet
#Bills coach Sean McDermott told reporters that rookie QB Josh Allen will take reps with the 1s today, while Nathan Peterman is with the 2s. It was the opposite yesterday, with Peterman taking snaps with the 1s.

@JoeBuscaglia
 #Bills HC Sean McDermott says DT Kyle Williams will not need a procedure "at this time."

8 minutes ago, WildCard said:

@RapSheet
#Bills coach Sean McDermott told reporters that rookie QB Josh Allen will take reps with the 1s today, while Nathan Peterman is with the 2s. It was the opposite yesterday, with Peterman taking snaps with the 1s.

@JoeBuscaglia
 #Bills HC Sean McDermott says DT Kyle Williams will not need a procedure "at this time."

ronpaulitshappening.gif? 

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Rodgers?

Conveniently ignored, as was Eli Manning (didn't start until late November) and probably a few others.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Lol, I suppose you could look at it that way but Peterman was the reason they won. Webb almost lost them that game. 

Webb to Thompson was the reason they won.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Again, if Allen makes it as a pro QB, I think he will be an exception and not a rule. However he gets there, I just hope he does. 

Agreed.

14 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Webb to Thompson was the reason they won.

He threw an interception in the final minutes of the game and the best kicker of all time miraculously missed a field goal from the same spot he had just made one  on the drive before

Edited by WildCard

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

He threw an interception in the final minutes of the game and the best kicker of all time miraculously missed a field goal from the same spot he had just made one  on the drive before

That game was hilarious. I loved every minute of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

All was forgiven once he threw that pass.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Rodgers?

I was listing recent SB QBs. He was a few years outside of the QBs I did off the top of my head. He and Kaepernick are the other two recent exceptions I can think of.

Edited by Hoss

51 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Conveniently ignored, as was Eli Manning (didn't start until late November) and probably a few others.

Nobody conveniently ignored anything. As stated above it was recent starters. Those I named were the ones that started recent Super Bowls off the top of my head. But Eli didn’t sit behind success. He replaced a QB in a bad season.

35 minutes ago, Eleven said:

All was forgiven once he threw that pass.

The reason they won was McCoy running for a TD after that pass. What about Peterman's TD pass to Benjamin that put the team up 7-0? I am not giving credit to Webb for winning that game. Peterman won that game with the help of McCoy. 

33 minutes ago, darksabre said:

It was the only choice to make. 

This week, absolutely.

Now, hopefully Groy & Teller start as well & Dawkins doesn't look like turnstile when not playing against an All-Pro.  Little faith in Mills & Miller, but they're better than Ducasse.

I wish him luck.    IMO he'll be in over his head a bit, but will be great experience for him.     Important step in his development.

That said, AJ McPeterman probably still has the inside track on starting week 1. 

Here's how it will play out.... AJ McPeterman starts against the Ravens, Chargers, Minnesota and GB.    He'll struggle against the Vikings, and Packers which leaves an opening to name Allen starter at home week 5 against TEN.     Would be a nice first game for Allen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.