Kane for Zuccarello - comment (?)

MODO Hockey

I mentioned this in the trade thread,

MODO contracted Mats Zuccarello Aasen from the Norwegian legue back in ´08.

He immidiatly became a favourit in SHL, everyone litterly loved the guy and he just kept 

scoring and making the most unbelieveble passes, his hands are magical.

Alot of ppl were concerned that he wouldt make it in NHL because of his lack of size, we all here knew he would make it but

many did not in NHL, he proved everyone wrong.  I would almost compare him to Martin St-louis, give Mats a good center and he will produce alot for us.

MODO gave Zuccarello Niklas Sundstrom, a great defensive but also offensive center, the chemistry was unbeliveble, together with Niklas they gave Zuccarello a powerforward named Per-Age Skroder, these 3 guys produced 152 points in 55 games the first season the played together.

This vid is 3 min, give it a shot and you will see what we all saw over here in SHL.

Not just that, he never backs off from a fight, he can get under the skin on his oponents in such a nitty way.

Then there is his shootout skills, those i belive you all know about and we sure as hell need that to.

I would love to see this trade. Do you think it would be possible ? would NYR take Kane ?

I mentioned this in the trade thread,

MODO contracted Mats Zuccarello Aasen from the Norwegian legue back in ´08.

He immidiatly became a favourit in SHL, everyone litterly loved the guy and he just kept

scoring and making the most unbelieveble passes, his hands are magical.

Alot of ppl were concerned that he wouldt make it in NHL because of his lack of size, we all here knew he would make it but

many did not in NHL, he proved everyone wrong. I would almost compare him to Martin St-louis, give Mats a good center and he will produce alot for us.

MODO gave Zuccarello Niklas Sundstrom, a great defensive but also offensive center, the chemistry was unbeliveble, together with Niklas they gave Zuccarello a powerforward named Per-Age Skroder, these 3 guys produced 152 points in 55 games the first season the played together.

This vid is 3 min, give it a shot and you will see what we all saw over here in SHL.

Not just that, he never backs off from a fight, he can get under the skin on his oponents in such a nitty way.

Then there is his shootout skills, those i belive you all know about and we sure as hell need that to.

I would love to see this trade. Do you think it would be possible ? would NYR take Kane ?

Doubt the Rags would take Kane in any deal as they would appear to be sellers & if they really want him they can buy him for just $'s after July 1.

Would probably take the deal myself, though would expect the Sabres sold low & would be unhappy about it. The reason being: Zuccarello is already a legit NHLer & just about anything the Sabres get for the real Kane trade will be potential NHLers.

Edited by Taro T

Just looked at the numbers. Kane has 1 point in the last, like million games. Oh, Christ.

I can’t fathom a scenario in which he wasn’t told, or at least strongly suggested to, slow down his play to avoid injury.

He’s been that ineffective. I hope other GMs are of that mindset, at least.

I like Zucarello but he's on the wrong side of 30 and he's 5'7. No thanks.

I dont believe youve seen to much of Zucca (?) correct me if im wrong, but there is a reason he made it to NHL and within NHL.

He can stand up for him self. 

Look at Martin St-louis. 

Edit:

Id take Zucca over Kane any day, 

Kane has 550 NHL games, 297 points

Zucca has 356 NHL games, 279 points

Edited by MODO Hockey

Meh, sorry.  The Sabres need to develop and continue to purge.  To me not only is this lateral, it is more of the same, patching things together.  BLOW IT UP!

Unless you're 75 like me in a couple weeks. Tired of suffering and tanking and rebuilding. Give me a team that I enjoy watching as soon as possible. Maybe if I'm thirty years old even fifty years old but I'm losing interest quickly.

I dont believe youve seen to much of Zucca (?) correct me if im wrong, but there is a reason he made it to NHL and within NHL.

He can stand up for him self. 

Look at Martin St-louis. 

Edit:

Id take Zucca over Kane any day, 

Kane has 550 NHL games, 297 points

Zucca has 356 NHL games, 279 points

I like his hands and I like his speed but Martin St. Louis had almost 1000 points in this league. Last I looked Zuke had 8 goals this year. He has only had 20 goals once in his eight year career and that was 2015-16. Seems like he may be declining. Similar size but St. Louis was a superb player and and Zucca is merely good. I agree though he's probably a better hockey player than Kane. But I don't want to invest in older players. They all want big, long  contracts and they are hardly ever worth it.  I've seen all that Moulson, Pominville, Gionta etc. had to offer and it wasn't much and it wasn't for long. 

Edited by Marvelo

I like his hands and I like his speed but Martin St. Louis had almost 1000 points in this league. Last I looked Zuke had 8 goals this year. He has only had 20 goals once in his eight year career and that was 2015-16. Seems like he may be declining. Similar size but St. Louis was a superb player and and Zucca is merely good. I agree though he's probably a better hockey player than Kane. But I don't want to invest in older players. They all want big, long  contracts and they are hardly ever worth it.  I've seen all that Moulson, Pominville, Gionta etc. had to offer and it wasn't much and it wasn't for long. 

I metioned earlier in this thread that im not comparing Zucca with St-louis, but Zucca is not far behind him. 

Zucca is i the wrong team imo. 

Ive seen Zucca since 08, i know he is more talanted than you might think. He got atleast 5 more years easy peazy.

Moulson and Gionta are two perfect examples of players that are in huge need of a good center or they pretty much fail, Zucca is way better then these two, i know you just used them as examples looking on age etc, but im just saying.

Anyway, we wont agree on this one for sure, but i strongly believe Zucca would do us good.

I metioned earlier in this thread that im not comparing Zucca with St-louis, but Zucca is not far behind him. 

Zucca is i the wrong team imo. 

Ive seen Zucca since 08, i know he is more talanted than you might think. He got atleast 5 more years easy peazy.

Moulson and Gionta are two perfect examples of players that are in huge need of a good center or they pretty much fail, Zucca is way better then these two, i know you just used them as examples looking on age etc, but im just saying.

Anyway, we wont agree on this one for sure, but i strongly believe Zucca would do us good.

If they do decide to pull the trigger, I hope you re right.

With the Rangers announcing they are going to rebuild Zuccarello should be available and I hope GMJB is looking into him to see the price. They definitely won't want Kane since he is a pending UFA but we should be able to make a decent offer with picks or prospects.

The good thing is he still has one year left on his contract so if the price is right and we could pick him up for relatively cheap, we only have to invest one year on him. If he works out well with the team we can try to extend him and if he doesn't pan out we can always move him at next year's trade deadline to recoup some of what we gave up for him.

Obviously I wouldn't give up a first for the guy, but I wonder if they'd accept an offer of something like a 2nd and one of either Baptiste or Bailey or something along those lines. Then if it doesn't work out we should at least be able to recoup that 2nd round pick at next year's deadline.

Edited by Alkoholist

With the Rangers announcing they are going to rebuild Zuccarello should be available and I hope GMJB is looking into him to see the price. They definitely won't want Kane since he is a pending UFA but we should be able to make a decent offer with picks or prospects.

The good thing is he still has one year left on his contract so if the price is right and we could pick him up for relatively cheap, we only have to invest one year on him. If he works out well with the team we can try to extend him and if he doesn't pan out we can always move him at next year's trade deadline to recoup some of what we gave up for him.

Obviously I wouldn't give up a first for the guy, but I wonder if they'd accept an offer of something like a 2nd and one of either Baptiste or Bailey or something along those lines. Then if it doesn't work out we should at least be able to recoup that 2nd round pick at next year's deadline.

Can you or someone explain what your referring to regarding Kane is a pending unrestricted free aget, what is ur point ? (honest question), i dont understand .

Can you or someone explain what your referring to regarding Kane is a pending unrestricted free aget, what is ur point ? (honest question), i dont understand .

Not under contract for next year, barring re-singing him before 7/1, he walks. In theory this makes a player less valuable on the trade market than a similar player with term left on his contract, since the buying team has control of,the player longer.

Not under contract for next year, barring re-singing him before 7/1, he walks. In theory this makes a player less valuable on the trade market than a similar player with term left on his contract, since the buying team has control of,the player longer.

Especialky if said contract has only a year or two so said team can see if that player works, or can resign for the right price. FAs like Kane are going to demand big raises and make them less easy to resign. Not impossible but git gives a team less options.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.