GDT:Florida Panthers at Buffalo 2-1-18 7PM MSG, GR

Brawndo

It’s been a long time since goaltending mattered; the team hasn’t been good enough.

Goaltending mattered tonight.

One more save as the team lost its way in the latter half of the first and we win this.

One more save as we completely dominated the third and maybe we force OT late.

Surprised at the amount of negativity in the thread. Buffalo was clearly the better team.

We were faster and - for the first time in a long time - we were making the other team our ######.

Very entertaining game, territorial dominance.

Shoulda won it.

We’re getting better.

Yeah I guess.  

Gotta get Kane away from Jack... put him with ROR and see how he likes it...  Wondering who the temperamental nube is.  Jack or ROR... Wouldn't put it past both of them being that way.  ROR does seem like a bit of a pri-donna and Jack is frustrated not winning.  Stick them both in a closet with some condums and let them work it out.. Good Lord children.

Didn't see the final period, but the Sabres outplayed the Panthers in the first, but Chad couldn't catch the flu...  Sabres outshot them and yet... same old story... they kept throwing pucks at the goalies pads instead of up high... And when they did, they missed the net.   Someone make them take some shooting practice with one of those plywood goalies with hold on where to shoot and don't let each player off the ice till they can pot 10 in each spot.

NHL does not want brawls.  There is a good percentage of fans that want them.  

Yes, like all of them.

Wimp team and players

Which one?   :lol:

I loved what we saw from the Sabres for most of the 3rd period; one of the more entertaining segments of Sabres hockey all season long. 

We showed emotion, energy, "compete", and it looked like we were actually pissed that we were losing.

Where has that been all season long?  Shows you just how broken the team has been.

Botterill has a lot of fixing to do.

Larsson's cross check was total ; I wish someone had kicked his ass after that one.

I watched the FL broadcast with post-game interviews; the rematch in FL should be an entertaining game!

:thumbsup:  

It's nothing. Just fans looking for some soap.

I am normally in this camp. Last night, though,…

ROR scored. Jack was the first guy to meet him with fist up ready for a bump,… ROR turns and bumps everyone else instead.

It was weird.

Good team don’t lose their composure. Good teams don’t fall apart in the first when leading.

Anyone still think this team can play its way out of the cellar? This was an important loss. It will go along way to insuring a top 5 pick. The players should be very proud.

Jbot all players over 30 must go. All players acquired in trade by TM must go. Kane, ROR, Lehner and Bogo should not be on this roster next season.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

There is almost always a way that the Sabres manage to lose.

They played well as a team in general, but last night it was the last line of defence that failed them.  I really wonder why Lehner was not in net last night.  To me he is still the hot hand even though he lost the last game against NJ.

The team is progressing, but it is clear that the roster is not there, or even very close to being there yet.

I am mildly amused at this Eich and ROR thing.

Edited by Sabersfläkt i NS

Good team don’t lose their composure. Good teams don’t fall apart in the first when leading.

Anyone still think this team can play its way out of the cellar? This was an important loss. It will go along way to insuring a top 5 pick. The players should be very proud.

Jbot all players over 30 must go. All players acquired in trade by TM must go. Kane, ROR, Lehner and Bogo should not be on this roster next season.

I am rapidly approaching this.  The loan exception being Okposo. 

I am normally in this camp. Last night, though,…

ROR scored. Jack was the first guy to meet him with fist up ready for a bump,… ROR turns and bumps everyone else instead.

It was weird.

ROR totally blew him off. That's the second time.

O'Reilly came here to be the man, because he wanted to be the man, and he wasn't the man in Colorado. And now he's not the man in Buffalo. Ryan seems like a fragile, sensitive kind of guy. It's not hard to imagine that Jack's frat boy personality grates on him.

Decent analogy: O'Reilly is to Eichel as Drury was to Roy.

O'Reilly came here to be the man, because he wanted to be the man, and he wasn't the man in Colorado. And now he's not the man in Buffalo. Ryan seems like a fragile, sensitive kind of guy. It's not hard to imagine that Jack's frat boy personality grates on him.

Assuming you're correct, there's only ever going to be one winner in a Ryan vs. Jack "this team's not big enough for both of us" standoff.  Again, assuming this is actually a thing. 

Decent analogy: O'Reilly is to Eichel as Drury was to Roy.

Eichel has acted like the bigger man. He has been the one attempting to fist bump ROR. 

I think this entire thing is overblown. Or ROR is a big baby. 

Edited by SkuggaLiger

Or ROR is a big baby.

I worry this is the case. He does come across as being a bit to emotionally sensitive.

Really reminds me of a guy I used to work with (right down to vegan-beard). Look and mannerisms similar, and very sensitive/passive-aggressive

Edited by erickompositör72

If I may interject a little logic on the "bump snub" after the goal ...

Okposo made that play happen (Sam touched it, but the play was made by Kyle.)  After O'Reilly scores, it looks like he's facing Jack, but from the opposite view, you see that he's actually looking down and fixing his helmet.  He lifts his head and raises his eyes when he's close to Jack, but able to see Kyle skating over to him.  So, he turns to fist bump the guy who setup the play. 

Maybe there's more two it, but it's not too dissimilar to a guy scoring with teammates around him, yet turning to give the guy on the other side of the ice, who set up his goal, the finger point "you!"

I've come to realize, in the past few days, that the question of whether Eichel and O'Reilly truly don't like each other is deeply uninteresting to me.

Thank you. Middle school politics.

Okposo made that play happen (Sam touched it, but the play was made by Kyle

I know this was not your point at all, but Sam did a helluvalot more than touch it.

He was the recipient of an imprecise pass in traffic in a scoring area.

Zemgus would have twisted and tried to handle the puck and flubbed it. Kane would have fired a shot into the defenceman’s shin pad. Kyle would have dropped a shoulder and tried to bull through the checker.

Sam had not only the presence of mind to cleanly one touch a pass to an open player outside of his direct view, he did it across the grain, set up on a perfect tee for Ryan to bury.

I’m not sure another Sabre would have even seen that play, let alone been able to execute it.

That’s why we should keep Sam.

I know this was not your point at all, but Sam did a helluvalot more than touch it.

Zemgus would have twisted and tried to handle the puck and flubbed it. Kane would have fired a shot into the defenceman’s shin pad. Kyle would have dropped a shoulder and tried to bull through the checker.

Sam had not only the presence of mind to cleanly one touch a pass to an open player outside of his direct view, he did it across the grain, set up on a perfect tee for Ryan to bury.

I’m not sure another Sabre would have even seen that play, let alone been able to execute it.

I just re-watched the replay of that goal.  You are absolutely correct on the play by Sam.  You can see that delicate one touch perfect pass especially well on the slow motion replay.

Awesome play and awareness on the part of Sam.

Thank you. Middle school politics.

That play was sick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.