GDT:Florida Panthers at Buffalo 2-1-18 7PM MSG, GR

Brawndo

It’s more then middle school politics. ROR and Eichel are supposed to be the top 2 centers and core of this team. They need to be pulling together and leading this team forward. I don’t need them to be BFF’s, but they do need to respect each other and be one the same page hockey and lockerroom wise. If ROR is to petty to celebrate a goal with Jack, the face of the franchise and the teams best and most important player, then ROR needs to grow up and step up. If not he needs to be gone, because this is Jack’s team going forward.

Maybe the best way Jbot can send a message to ROR at this point is to give Jack the “C”

I wonder if ROR thinks of himself as a top 20 center in the league? Jack is 14th in goals, ROR 43rd among centers. Jack is 12th in points with 49, while ROR is 40th. Both are among the worst in +/-.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

I still see Jack's fist come up only after ROR's sight line had moved towards the guys who set him up, so no snub. 

I do now remember the thing about the deleted instagram video where Eichel supposedly was mocking ROR or something in the background last year? But some of the worst insults that have ever left my mouth were directed at close friends in jest, so that doesn't mean anything. 

Okposo's pass to Sam may have been deflected, but these guys are learning to enter the slot and that they can get pucks there. Even guys like Zemgus and Wilson are figuring out how to get open enough to get shots off. They weren't even trying that 3 months ago. It WILL lead to more goals eventually, even if their grips are tight (Kane because trading/cold streak)

I just re-watched the replay of that goal.  You are absolutely correct on the play by Sam.  You can see that delicate one touch perfect pass especially well on the slow motion replay.

Awesome play and awareness on the part of Sam.

It's a shame Sam is terrible and will never be an NHL player. (did I do that right?)

Thank you. Middle school politics.

I know this was not your point at all, but Sam did a helluvalot more than touch it.

He was the recipient of an imprecise pass in traffic in a scoring area.

Zemgus would have twisted and tried to handle the puck and flubbed it. Kane would have fired a shot into the defenceman’s shin pad. Kyle would have dropped a shoulder and tried to bull through the checker.

Sam had not only the presence of mind to cleanly one touch a pass to an open player outside of his direct view, he did it across the grain, set up on a perfect tee for Ryan to bury.

I’m not sure another Sabre would have even seen that play, let alone been able to execute it.

That’s why we should keep Sam.

Thank you for this. That play was ridiculous.

thirty to forty years ago photo

Not that old, I was still in Buffalo then and I don't remember her.

Yes you've been gone too long also

Yep.  I graduated from Maryvale in 1980 and never lived in WNY full time after that.  Two college summers and that was all.  Then I moved to Los Angeles in '84 so I was totally cut off.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.