Evander Kane: Where Will EK9 Be Trade Deadline Day?

Swedesessed

Evander Kane's Team At Trade Deadline  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Where Will Evander Kane Play Once the Trade Deadline arrives?

• Buffalo
    • Anaheim
    • LA Kings
    • Calgary
    • Pittsburgh
    • Tampa Bay
    • Vegas
    • San Jose
    • Toronto
    • Columbus
    • Boston
    • New Jersey
    • Nashville
    • St.Louis
    • Dallas
    • Minnesota
    • NY Rangers

San Jose just makes too much sense...

They only have a 1st round pick in 2018.  Their 2nd and 3rd were traded away.  Would they really trade their only pick in the first 3 rounds in 2018?  If not, would the Sabres take a 1st or 2nd from them in 2019??

They only have a 1st round pick in 2018.  Their 2nd and 3rd were traded away.  Would they really trade their only pick in the first 3 rounds in 2018?  If not, would the Sabres take a 1st or 2nd from them in 2019??

I wouldn't take a 2019 pick alone, but I'd trade something like Kane and a non-Buffalo 2nd and for SJ's 2018 first,  + the other stuff in the deal. Buffalo essentially trades up in the draft 15-ish places and SJ ends up with the pick in the 2nd at least.

Ah, what the hell: Vegas. I'm not sure I actually believe this, but that's a team that might look to capitalize on unexpected success. Plus, the jokes would be fun. Also, I can always hope McPhee gifts us Erat-Forsberg 2.0.

Oh man, Branstrom straight across, please and thank you.

Ah, what the hell: Vegas. I'm not sure I actually believe this, but that's a team that might look to capitalize on unexpected success. Plus, the jokes would be fun. Also, I can always hope McPhee gifts us Erat-Forsberg 2.0.

Kane would thrive in Vegas.

Alex Tuch and a second.

I feel like if Vegas did this it would immediately take the shine off of the "no expectations fun run". Suddenly they're a team bringing in playoff rentals. I could see that not playing well in the locker room.

My choice wasn't listed. I think Kane goes to the Islanders. 

Bellows, 2018 2nd (condition if they make conference finals becomes a first), Vonde Sompel, and Jason Chimera for Kane (50% retained) and a 2018 3rd (conditional, if we get their 2nd they get our 4th instead of our 3rd) 

Edited by SkuggaLiger

I feel like if Vegas did this it would immediately take the shine off of the "no expectations fun run". Suddenly they're a team bringing in playoff rentals. I could see that not playing well in the locker room.

I see it the opposite way.  With the start they've had, it'd be a shame to not try to improve even more.

Not sure McPhee wastes any of the assets he tried so hard to collect during the expansion draft. He needs to build a pipeline, not win now

...although this seems more credible.

“No, no, no. They’ll move him,” said Dreger. “You’re not going to receive if you don’t ask. So I think it’s dependent on the team that Jason Botterill is dealing with. If he looks at a roster and sees that this club is deep enough to give more than the two, three assets that is realistic, why wouldn’t you ask for it.

“And so there are teams who have told me that he wants a first, a roster player, a prospect, and potentially a conditional draft pick if that teams signs Evander Kane. There are other teams who say from them he’s asked for a prospect, a first-round pick, and that conditional pick if he signs.

“So the ask is a moving target, but I suspect that Botterill will start to dial down a little bit more as we creep closer to the first of February. And he’s open for business now, who’s kidding who. I mean, if Jim Rutherford and the Pittsburgh Penguins step up because they feel that they need the influence of Evander Kane now, and are willing to pay whatever the price is of the Buffalo Sabres, then there’s no question that Botterill would make that deal.

“It’s a bit of a moving target, but he should be at the top of the board because he’s a coveted player. But when I reported on Tuesday that for some teams it was as many as four pieces, two or three clubs reached back to me and said, ‘Forget it. We’re not doing that.’

“So we’ll see if it happens.”

https://www.fanragsports.com/dreger-kane-trade-price-a-moving-target/

Botterill is smarter than I thought. 

That's pretty much what I would expect him to do; I'm glad he's doing it.  It's a little different scenario, but if you're selling a house and you have three potential buyers and you know two of them are well off, wouldn't you be a little firmer in your bargaining position than you would with the guy who's freshly divorced and borrowing money from his mom for the earnest money?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.