Evander Kane: Where Will EK9 Be Trade Deadline Day?

Swedesessed

Evander Kane's Team At Trade Deadline  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Where Will Evander Kane Play Once the Trade Deadline arrives?

• Buffalo
    • Anaheim
    • LA Kings
    • Calgary
    • Pittsburgh
    • Tampa Bay
    • Vegas
    • San Jose
    • Toronto
    • Columbus
    • Boston
    • New Jersey
    • Nashville
    • St.Louis
    • Dallas
    • Minnesota
    • NY Rangers

I didn't see this posted here, but apparently no one has talked to Kane about an extension or re-signing. He gone.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1465111/amp?__twitter_impression=true

I could see the Sabres keeping him and resigning him.  It would probably mean that they think Middlestud will be here next year and they are drafting a D.  It obviously will depend on what is offered for him and what may be offered for the other Sabre flotsam, i.e, Lehner, or Sam or another of the bottom 6.

Not coming to Vegas. Doesn’t fit what this team is doing. Vegas wants character players not guys that are selfish. He will go to one of the Commiefornia teams.

Agree, don't think he fits with Vegas, but easy on the trolling... Cali is one of the fastest economically growing states whether or not you like the politics out there. They are capitalists when it comes right down to it.  The creativity they cater to drives this country.  Yeh, they have some foo foo attitudes, but don't underestimate their drive for the almighty dollar.   P.S. They are not laid back... it is a smokescreen.  Bay area people and same with LA area have some of the most intense people I have ever met. 

I didn't see this posted here, but apparently no one has talked to Kane about an extension or re-signing. He gone.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1465111/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Well he supposedly asked for 7mill x 7 during the summer.   So talks stopped, I'm sure botteril will let his agents know at what price he can come back over the summer.

• 4 weeks later...

No way.  Even if the intent is to re-sign him, JBot will trade him for whatever he can get for him at the deadline, fire sale style.

Can a young, first-time GM afford to let himself get fleeced?

My choice wasn't listed. I think Kane goes to the Islanders. 

Bellows, 2018 2nd (condition if they make conference finals becomes a first), Vonde Sompel, and Jason Chimera for Kane (50% retained) and a 2018 3rd (conditional, if we get their 2nd they get our 4th instead of our 3rd) 

This is oddly specific.

That's fun, have you seen any team move anyone of note?

Not this year, no. But in years past, plenty.

The guy had quite a run going, and word got out that the asking price was quite high.

I wonder what that market is like now.

I would do that. I'm not if sure they would. I'm thinking someone's second and a prospect and not a top prospect.

Far, far cry from the king’s ransom reported a while ago.

Not this year, no. But in years past, plenty.

The guy had quite a run going, and word got out that the asking price was quite high.

I wonder what that market is like now.

Far, far cry from the king’s ransom reported a while ago.

I know but that's what I'm thinking. Hope to be wrong which is completely within the realm of possibility.

Vegas makes no sense as they are apparently trying to move Neal who is also a offensive-force and pending UFA just like Kane ( a little older but every bit as good). as for these teams like San Jose, Calgary, or even Pittsburg, they are higher up in the standings thus their 1st rounder is like picking late in the 1st round which really de-values the pick. Of course none of the lower teams will take kane so I just hope wherever he goes we get a prospect and or young player along with any pick.

To San Jose: Evander Kane, Benoit Pouliot / Larsson

To Buffalo: Daniel O'Regan, Mario Ferraro and a 1st.  

The reason:  It fills their bottom six forward potential need, and also on their top six.  It continues their effort and gives them their potential long term replacement for Marleau.  I would go so far as to add a different option like Larsson to seal the deal.  O'Regan has been productive in the AHL, and has the potential to be a successful bottom six forward.  Ferraro gives them a defensive option with upside.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.