Senators @ Sabres; 2017-12-12; 7:00pm EDT

WildCard

Bob McKenzie on TSN radio earlier today, describing the state of the Sens: "This thing's on a rocket to hell right now."

That's a great quote.  They've got all kinds of problems.  Perhaps they end up moving to Quebec instead?  

Interesting Lines

#Sabres  lines:

Pouliot-Eichel-Pominville

Girgensons-ROR-Okposo

Kane-Rodrigues-Reinhart

Wilson-Larsson-Nolan

At this point I think they are really moving things around to see what fits where before they start pulling the trigger on trades.  I can live with this.  Besides, it's not like any other line combinations have sparked the offense.

Interesting Lines

#Sabres  lines:

Girgensons-ROR-Okposo

Kane-Rodrigues-Reinhart

Wilson-Larsson-Nolan

So close. Just let Rodrugues play with Eichel and we're good. And bench Nolan for Fasching 

@BuffaloSabres
Robin Lehner gets the start in net tonight. Nathan Beaulieu will not play, remains day-to-day. #Sabres
Edited by Jokertecken

So close. Just let Rodrugues play with Eichel and we're good. And bench Nolan for Fasching

@BuffaloSabres

Robin Lehner gets the start in net tonight. Nathan Beaulieu will not play, remains day-to-day. #Sabres

Not sure which I prefer but this line up is 100% better than anything I've seen yet

Interesting Lines

#Sabres  lines:

Girgensons-ROR-Okposo

Kane-Rodrigues-Reinhart

Wilson-Larsson-Nolan

Finally get to see Reinhart with Kane. I predict that line scores 2 goals (if they keep them together for most of the game). Probably Kane with 1 and Rodriguez with the other while Reinhart either gets assists on both or at least deserves them for screening the goalie.

Fasching, Josefson skating as extras.

I was hoping he would start to catch on and earn a spot. One step forward, two steps back, it seems.

Gastroenteritis then?

(Never gets old.)

No, it does not. This one, though, sounds like a true influenza.

much rather see Fasching out there..he is young and a very big part of our future. No offense to Nolan but we don;t need him or his muscle. we need the young guys that are future playing like Fasching

I agree. But the guy's got to earn it -- make it impossible to take him out of the lineup. I'm inferring he started off strong, and faded. He's done that before.

Interesting Lines

#Sabres  lines:

Girgensons-ROR-Okposo

Kane-Rodrigues-Reinhart

Wilson-Larsson-Nolan

tenor.gif

He's trying to move his consistent effort guys around to spark the lines.  Makes sense.

Bob McKenzie on TSN radio earlier today, describing the state of the Sens: "This thing's on a rocket to hell right now."

I heard on NHL radio on SiriusXM (is that TSN they air?) that they expect the Sabres to come out playing well like they have the last three games and having their way with a struggling Sens team.

much rather see Fasching out there..he is young and a very big part of our future. No offense to Nolan but we don;t need him or his muscle. we need the young guys that are future playing like Fasching

I'd rather see Fasching back to Rochester.... for now.

And maybe the lines above and below the buffalo? I always wondered what they were supposed to be and if an already spectacular logo would be better without them.

They are necessary, they communicate to the viewer that the Buffalo is in fact jumping through the swords in a display of athleticism, rather than getting crushed by the weight of their own expectatio...by the swords.

@BuffaloSabres

Who would go to centre in that scenario? Wilson I guess?

They are necessary, they communicate to the viewer that the Buffalo is in fact jumping through the swords in a display of athleticism, rather than getting crushed by the weight of their own expectatio...by the swords.

Who would go to centre in that scenario? Wilson I guess?

Reinhart would

The day can't come soon enough that I never see Falk play again

Falk is just another in a long line of defensive whipping boys that includes Benoit, Franson, Gorges, Falk. They're depth guys that had to play over their levels due to lack of defensive depth.  Gorges is finally being used correctly, and effectively, this year.  Falk isn't so bad; he's just not a top pairing guy.  He brings size, a good physical edge (plays to his size much better than Myers ever did).  But he's a depth guy who should be playing bottom pair for maybe thirty games a year at most.

Haven’t seen much Falk whipping. Maybe I’m wrong, but I thought most people like his edge and are OK with him in a 6/7 role.

Fasching hasn’t started strong and slipped.

He was brought up to fill a hole and to get a taste.

They weren’t expecting him to light it up and the only way he was staying up is if he did.

They want him developing and winning in Rochester.

On that note, what’s the matter with Bailey?

Edited by Mick O’Manly

Haven’t seen much Falk whipping. Maybe I’m wrong, but I thought most people like his edge and are OK with him in a 6/7 role.

They weren’t expecting him to light it up and the only way he was staying up is if he did.

This is the last thing I could find

https://www.diebytheblade.com/2017/12/11/16762556/at-least-weve-got-the-rochester-americans-buffalo-sabres

What's interesting about Bailey is that the Sabres placed him on IR November 7th, then returned him to Rochester on November 13th (presumably healthy). As noted in the article posted by I̶n̶k̶ Bork, he played November 18th and then nothing since.

Came back too early potentially?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.