DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

This is the speculation thread and Shannon, Dreger, McKenzie, Friedman do something on a daily basis that 99% of the posters on this board do not, talk with NHL GMs. If any of them consistently made ###### up they wouldn’t have a job. Does a large majority of what they say not come true, sure but that information is coming from NHL Front Offices

Sure, but a lot of what they say is "things that aren't not true".

This is the speculation thread and Shannon, Dreger, McKenzie, Friedman do something on a daily basis that 99% of the posters on this board do not, talk with NHL GMs. If any of them consistently made ###### up they wouldn’t have a job. Does a large majority of what they say not come true, sure but that information is coming from NHL Front Offices

And of course an NHL GM has never mislead a journalist or used them for his own purposes.

He completely contradicted himself within 5 minutes because fans were yelling at him.

At this point I'm just amazed Dreger said anything about anything without connecting it to the Leafs.

And Shannon is worse.  he seems to think the NHL exists to serve the Leafs and its fanbase and anything that happens must have a positive impact on the Leaves. 

Sure, but a lot of what they say is "things that aren't not true".

Of course, they have a job to do. They have to fill Insider Trading and Saturday Headlines Segments during the season and eight hours of airtime today. NHL Front Offices know the game and throws them some info most which has some degree of truth

This is the speculation thread and Shannon, Dreger, McKenzie, Friedman do something on a daily basis that 99% of the posters on this board do not, talk with NHL GMs.

Well I’m glad you did see fit to recognize that time in 2006 when Darcy and I crossed paths.

Since Spectrum's pass-thru authentication for ESPN3 is not working I broke down and signed up for 5 days free trial of YouTube TV which lets me get ESPN3.

I tried to listening to WGR550 but honestly the Instigators are so bush league in their coverage it was painful.  

Bring on the trades!

Since Spectrum's pass-thru authentication for ESPN3 is not working I broke down and signed up for 5 days free trial of YouTube TV which lets me get ESPN3.

I tried to listening to WGR550 but honestly the Instigators are so bush league in their coverage it was painful.  

Bring on the trades!

They quite the lineup of face punchers today.

With apologies to Kris Baker and Brian Duff

And Shannon is worse.  he seems to think the NHL exists to serve the Leafs and its fanbase and anything that happens must have a positive impact on the Leaves.

so he is a typical Leafs fan?

I speculate that Kane will be traded for some combination of picks and prospects, as long as both GM's are satisfied with the asking price.

...am I doing this right? :unsure:

if you posted that on Twitter it would qualify you to be an NHL insider!

Seravalli on TSN has a video from last night saying 5 teams are interested in Kane, but I’m not in the correct region (Canada) to watch the video. Anyone here in Ontario and can tell us what he said?

Five teams serious about him...nobody willing to pay high asking price at first but there are 5 teams circling since Nash was moved...Sabres willing to eat 50% of Kaner's salary to help the deal along.

Five teams serious about him...nobody willing to pay high asking price at first but there are 5 teams circling since Nash was moved...Sabres willing to eat 50% of Kaner's salary to help the deal along.

It’s probably safe to assume that the Jets are not one of those five ;)

Edited by Brawndo

He could have gotten a text that “ I believe Kane doesn’t get moved today” and he reported as “There is a belief”

But "there is a belief" makes it seem like it's a growing sentiment. If it's from a single source, it should be reported as such. I don't think the reporters are useless like Flagg does, but Shannon definitely screwed the pooch here. 

I don't think it's a race thing (and PTR is trolling all of you anyway).

But I think it's a fancy-stats thing. Kane, despite his numbers, destroys the stats of the line he is on. Is it a chemistry thing? Is it just about the way he plays the game? I don't know, but I think GM's don't see him as "plug-n-play" like they might see other players (like Nash, who has played on a couple teams with success).

Kane, because of how he plays the game, is simply a bigger roll of the dice. If you have a line that isn't producing anyway then he probably wont do much damage. But you might be in trouble if you're trying to plug him into a line that already works just fine.

If offering an opinion is trolling then what are you all doing?

I definitely think Kane being black is a huge reason his transgressions linger while, as Sabel79 points out, the white Kane's foibles are quickly forgotten. Could also be a reason why others see him as smug. Please point to an occasion when EKane was smug. I seemed to miss that.

That's good, just use the 'sources' word to give it that little something extra

I knew I missed something!

Five teams interested is probably enough of a critical mass to get a trade done with pretty favorable terms for the Sabres. If those teams start even a small bidding war we will like the return coming back.