DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

I want to see him not look horrific in Rochester for the first time before we see him on jack 's wing

He has looked disinterested and played like with one or two flashes of brilliance.

But there is a distinct possibility that he may play up to his level of linemate as he feels he is too good for Rochester.

Does he deserve the chance absolutely not, but before trading him the organization needs to give that a try.

Then again his contract slid again so he has three more seasons to figure it out in Rochester.

Excellent! Drive that price up!

My first thought as well lol

Philly has 2 1st rdrs, they have an LHD and RHD prospect to covet. They have some movable cap as well. Lehner and Kane make sense for them.

Calgary has no 1st or 2nd rd pick this yr, but, they do have Sam Bennett and a couple of D prospects of interest.

I like both as trade partners, and depending on price, would be happy with either, but a slight edge to Calgary due to roster player potential.

My first thought as well lol

Philly has 2 1st rdrs, they have an LHD and RHD prospect to covet. They have some movable cap as well. Lehner and Kane make sense for them.

Calgary has no 1st or 2nd rd pick this yr, but, they do have Sam Bennett and a couple of D prospects of interest.

I like both as trade partners, and depending on price, would be happy with either, but a slight edge to Calgary due to roster player potential.

philly isn't taking Lehner, they already got Mrazek and both their other goalies will be back

I want to see him not look horrific in Rochester for the first time before we see him on jack 's wing

Agreed, but the kid is still 19.  I cannot imagine being that young with so much at stake. The tools are there, he may just need a gut check or he may not be cut out for it. From the organization's point of view, the best course of action may be to work closely with him in the off season to bolster the weakest parts of his game.

Agreed, but the kid is still 19.  I cannot imagine being that young with so much at stake. The tools are there, he may just need a gut check or he may not be cut out for it. From the organization's point of view, the best course of action may be to work closely with him in the off season to bolster the weakest parts of his game.

I think the problem with some of these players not from North America is that they always have it in the back of their mind that if it doesn't work out in the NHL, they can always go back home and play and make decent money. they come over, give it a shot and if it doesn't work, they are back home to play where they may find it much easier

Reiterating that I'd really, really like to make some waiver claims today...Get ERod and Baptiste back playing important games.

I would as well, and I think it depends on how many contract spots they open after the trades. With four open as of right now Botterill needs a few for the College Free Agents who probably will never sign here

I think the problem with some of these players not from North America is that they always have it in the back of their mind that if it doesn't work out in the NHL, they can always go back home and play and make decent money. they come over, give it a shot and if it doesn't work, they are back home to play where they may find it much easier

I bet that thought has crept into their minds, maybe their aspirations are different since they are exposed to the European leagues unlike us. Wondering how closely organizations work with the most skilled prospects...Do they get extra help away from the rink to further development?