DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

And Baptiste was just called up.  Today or tomorrow Kane will be gone.

Posts like this makes me think a maturity test should be given before registration accepted. Impressed again........here's your sign!

297.png

Eh, I didn't like the post either for the record, but I don't like a lot of what I see on the internet.  I try to filter it out of my mind but some things just push my buttons.  I can see why this would push yours.

@DarrenDreger
Trade interest in Evander Kane is heating up. Still could be deadline deal as market grows. Reinhart trade unlikely in next 2 months.

Personally I don't want to trade Samson, he is the only one camping in front of the goalie on the PP.

And who else on this team can you see making that pass on the first goal last night ?  I can name 3 others.

If someone takes that garbage contract, I would literally give away a draft pick to make that happen

This is how I feel, however it would be great to get something back in regards to this.  If someone wants him for his style and feels he's a fit at only 27 and can revive his injury riddled career, all the more power to him.  The Sabres need to acquire younger defensemen / draft and develop them.  

If someone takes that garbage contract, I would literally give away a draft pick to make that happen

We could have given Vegas a 2nd rounder (or something along those lines) to take him in the expansion draft. Then we'd still have Carrier as well in addition to the extra cap space. Sure we'd have to use that space to replace his spot on the roster but we have to do that anyway for the 20+ games he's practically guaranteed to miss each season with injuries.

Edited by Alkoholist

This Kane for 4 pieces talk in the media is beginning to annoy me. Jbot is really only asking for a 1st rd pick and a good prospect. The other pieces are a roster player to replace Kane in the Buffalo lineup and to help the other team dump some salary for cap purposes. The conditional pick is just that; conditional. It likely something like a 4th rd pick in 2020 that becomes a 2nd in 2019 if the team re-signs Kane or makes the Cup finals. While that conditional pick has “value” it isn’t significant. If they keep Kane long-term, they likely aren’t going to miss the 2nd rd pick, who play in the NHL for 100 or more games about 25% of the time.

Edited by Georgia Flakt

We could have given Vegas a 2nd rounder (or something along those lines) to take him in the expansion draft. Then we'd still have Carrier as well in addition to the extra cap space. Sure we'd have to use that space to replace his spot on the roster but we have to do that anyway for the 20+ games he's practically guaranteed to miss each season with injuries.

How do you know this?  It strikes me as highly unlikely.

The Insider was asked about Dorion having spoken with the press the prior day, “pretty much saying Karlsson is available. Why. Why. Why is he doing that now.”

“Yeah, I don’t know. I mean… I don’t know,” considered Friedman. “I have a lot of thoughts about that particular subject. Look, I guess they’re just laying the groundwork for the possibility he could get traded. I think that’s what they’re saying. I think it’s very interesting messaging to me. But to me that says what you say – he’s available.

“Look, I think Erik Karlsson wants to be an Ottawa Senator for the rest of his career. That’s his first choice to me. But I think there’s a lot of players there who doubt they can win under current ownership. I think he’s one of them. I think his preference would be to stay under different ownership.

“But I think the Senators sent the word out that if you really are serious, give us a call with a serious offer. I guess he’s going to be somebody that teams are going to fish on. And if you can get Erik Karlsson for two playoffs – it’s going to cost you, but I wouldn’t be surprised if somebody tries. He’s a heck of a player.

“They got beat by a really good team last night and St. Louis didn’t allow them to do very much. I just think that that’s a clear sign that Ottawa doesn’t necessarily think they can keep him.”

“I think they’re already rolling. I do,” indicated Friedman. “Marc Bergevin is a pretty active guy. Other teams will tell you he’s probably if not the most active, he’s one of the most active GMs in the league. He’s making calls. I think there’s a lot of action around Pacioretty. I think there’s action around Galchenyuk. I think he’s willing to do a lot of things.

“Look, who’s untouchable on his team? Probably Price. Probably Victor Mete. After that, who’s untouchable?

“Whatever he does, he knows one thing: When he made the deal with Sergachev with Tampa, they were hoping Drouin could play center. That isn’t in the cards, at least not right now. He’s got to solve that problem. Somewhere, somehow, he’s got to find himself a center and I have no doubt he’s burning up the phone lines to do just that.

I think Buffalo is active. I think (Montreal) is active. Last night, Pierre Dorion – basically what his statement was is that he’s active.

“I don’t know if I thought we would see this guys, but it might be a bit of a buyer’s market now. I think that the teams that are the buyers might have the advantage because I think we’re getting more and more sellers as we get along here.”

https://www.fanragsports.com/friedman-profiles-nhl-trade-possibilities/

Edited by Jokertecken

How do you know this?  It strikes me as highly unlikely.

The actual price (2nd rounder) is just a guess but all the reports I saw were that Vegas was willing to work with basically every team and take their cap dumps and/or overpaid veterans in exchange for picks and prospects so that they could build for the future. Given how bad we finished last year our second round pick was pretty high (37) so it seems like it would have likely been a good starting point to unload Bogosian. Heck we could have thrown in Carrier as well since we ended up losing him anyway.

I'd rather have Marcus Davidson then extra cap space which we don't need.

The actual price (2nd rounder) is just a guess but all the reports I saw were that Vegas was willing to work with basically every team and take their cap dumps and/or overpaid veterans in exchange for picks and prospects so that they could build for the future. Given how bad we finished last year our second round pick was pretty high (37) so it seems like it would have likely been a good starting point to unload Bogosian. Heck we could have thrown in Carrier as well since we ended up losing him anyway.

This seems inaccurate. Did Vegas end up with any cap dumps at all? Every team in he league has players with contracts they’d like to move, and yet Vegas didn’t end up a landing zone for them.

I think that was all speculation. And incorrect.

This seems inaccurate. Did Vegas end up with any cap dumps at all? Every team in he league has players with contracts they’d like to move, and yet Vegas didn’t end up a landing zone for them.

They ended up with a ###### load of extra draft picks so they took a bunch of players other teams wanted to unload instead of just standing pat and selecting the best of whatever was available to them in the expansion draft. Clarkson, Stoner, Fleury off the top of my head but who is a cap dump vs a valuable contributor to the team is both subjective as well as biased by hindsight because their team is playing well so McPhee is now a genius deserving of hero worship.

Edited by Alkoholist

I'm sure if your married or have daughters particularly these are your normal terms of conversation. I don't consider myself puritan. I'm going to be seventy five next month,a veteran and as they say "this ain't my first rodeo" but this type of posting is offensive to me and I'm imagining to many others. Thanks for the replies.

If you're offended by something you see written on a message board, that's your problem and you should probably learn to prioritize that which you pay attention to more. Your feelings are your responsibility and no one else's. Secondly, the human body and it's natural responses are nothing to be ashamed of or get offended about.

That all being said, if Bogosian is traded to the Kings and we're not sending a ridiculous package to them in addition, I'll end up actually feeling something for this team again and if I ever see JBots I'd give him a big ol kiss on his caveman face.

Fleury was a cap dump for the Penguins, but not for Vegas.    Don't think they send any assets to vegas to take him.  They got him cheap though.

It seems Pittsburgh gave up their 2020 2nd round pick.

There were a handful of cap dumps, maybe 5 or so, but they were all pretty expensive in draft pick cost, the wikipedia draft pages are good for sorting things out. I'm with liger on this one, need to have Davidsson more than Bogo needed to leave.

Beat me to it.

They ended up with a ###### load of extra draft picks so they took a bunch of players other teams wanted to unload instead of just standing pat and selecting the best of whatever was available to them in the expansion draft. Clarkson, Stoner, Fleury off the top of my head but who is a cap dump vs a valuable contributor to the team is both subjective as well as biased by hindsight because their team is playing well so McPhee is now a genius deserving of hero worship.

CBJ had to give up a 1st and a 2nd to get Vegas to take Clarkson, who has about the same cap hit as Bogo.

Anaheim had to give up Shea Theodore, a good D prospect, to get Vegas to take Stoner, who is a real defenseman and has a much smaller cap hit (1 year for $3.25MM) than Bogo.

Pittsburgh gave Vegas a 2nd to take Fleury, but Fleury is a much more valuable player than Bogo.

If you're offended by something you see written on a message board, that's your problem and you should probably learn to prioritize that which you pay attention to more. Your feelings are your responsibility and no one else's. Secondly, the human body and it's natural responses are nothing to be ashamed of or get offended about.

That all being said, if Bogosian is traded to the Kings and we're not sending a ridiculous package to them in addition, I'll end up actually feeling something for this team again and if I ever see JBots I'd give him a big ol kiss on his caveman face.

No.

It is the responsibility of each poster not to post in an offensive or obnoxious manner. 

The real question is the definition of "offensive."  I wasn't as put off by the post in question as Radar was, but I could be in the minority on that.  If enough people find it offensive -- it's offensive and it's the fault of the poster.