DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

Jeremy White tweeted his guy says Watch The Flames could be Lehner or Kane

My guy says JB chasing a young positional player. Not sure if the Sabres can pry the guy away or not.

The tweet

More from White

Additional point... he says chatter. If he says it’s done I’ll of course let you know. He’s never wrong.

Nothing imminent as of yet

I hate when teams do this.  Play to win.  Ice your best team.

1. If the trade is set but not announced, you don't mess with the asset to be traded; you wrap him in bubble wrap and tell him to stay home.

2. It seemed like when Jack got injured, the rest of the team responded positively.  To best enhance the effort put out by the team as a whole and increase your chance of winning, remove the best player from the roster.  jk

My guy says JB chasing a young positional player. Not sure if the Sabres can pry the guy away or not.

The tweet

More from White

Additional point... he says chatter. If he says it’s done I’ll of course let you know. He’s never wrong.

Thank you for posting. I love this board.

I hope I'm wrong but I can't shake the feeling that they asked too much and the trade partners have gone for alternatives and the ones left will drop the offer and we will get less than value for Kane.

Just get some stuff done!!!!!!!!!

We will know in less than 48 Hours

So let Kane walk for nothing?

Why do we crap on Bogo? Lets see. Over the last 2 seasons he has played only 74 games (of a possible 143) with 2g 12a -26. So when he has been healthy, which is barely half the time, he has been played lousy.

Yeap.

Which they can defer until the 2019 if it’s a Top Ten Pick.

Next year they will be celebrating the possibility of Jack Hughes

Yup. Details: https://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/DraftTrades/Future/Senators.htm

The tweet

More from White

As opposed to a non-positional player? Haha

I'm far from Kane's biggest fan around here, but it bewilders me that a team would rather have current Nash than Kane.

This is correct, but once Nash drifts out of the list, then you have Kane suitors stepping up.  Still plenty of time to get a solid return.