DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

I'm actually rooting for Mittelstadt to come out and for them to land one of the top 4 this year cause I'm ready for a turnaround. But I'm also a realist if none of their top,prospects are on the team next year.

Do you see any other way you subtract Kane and some how improve next year?

Yes because I don't think Kane is a very good player, at least as far as team hockey goes. I'm not guaranteeing it will happen but I don't think losing Kane is critical to our season next year. 

I'm mostly just poking fun at you. 

I didn't think you were saying that.  I was just expanding a little.  Someone told me recently there are rules about these things. :P

As for your 2nd point, I sure HOPE we'll be better next season.  If the roster turns over 50%, we'll never know which changes were the ones that were key.  Not that it matters.  Better is better when it is all said and done.  I don't feel a need to identify the key changes that affected it as long as the team is consistently entertaining.

I guess the good news is how can we be worst? We are almost last in the whole league and by the end of season may very well be.

Please offer why we should at this time be up on him. So far,by most accounts, he's not performed like you would hope someone drafted that high would even at this early time.

Didn't say you had to be happy about his play, but he is coming of a severe injury and his coach is saying he is still getting back into shape.

Didn't say you had to be happy about his play, but he is coming of a severe injury and his coach is saying he is still getting back into shape.

Okay. Guess I've had impressions that his work ethic/attitude may be questioned. In any case I'm not adverse to trading him and not promoting it either.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck; Nylander is a bust

Though it looks incredibly unlikely he becomes what he was drafted to be, it still doesn't make sense to trade him for pennies. If someone is willing to give reasonable value? Sure, go for it. But he still has a better chance of becoming an NHL contributor than anything like a 2nd round pick as a trade add-on.

Though it looks incredibly unlikely he becomes what he was drafted to be, it still doesn't make sense to trade him for pennies. If someone is willing to give reasonable value? Sure, go for it. But he still has a better chance of becoming an NHL contributor than anything like a 2nd round pick as a trade add-on.

Yup.

I still say he's out of the NHL once his entry level deal is done.  He'll be underwhelmed by the offer and head home.

Wouldn't trade him for pennies, but I really doubt his value gets any higher than it is right now

Per Renaud Lavoie

Lots of discussions around Evander Kane and I'm told few teams are looking at the possibility to trade for Benoit Pouliot. #sabres 

I want to see him on Jack’s Wing for ten games before declaring him a bust

Per Renaud Lavoie

Lots of discussions around Evander Kane and I'm told few teams are looking at the possibility to trade for Benoit Pouliot. #sabres

I want to see him on Jack’s Wing for ten games before declaring him a bust

I want to see him not look horrific in Rochester for the first time before we see him on jack 's wing

I want to see him not look horrific in Rochester for the first time before we see him on jack 's wing

You get a gold star.

Assuming both Kane and Pouliot go, we can expect to see a couple more JAG's in the lineup so Rochester stays intact.