GDT: Sharks @ Sabres 10/28/17 1PM EST

LTS

Everything is old.  Get off my lawn.

Don't think Jack didn't do that on purpose.  He could have broken that stick anywhere but he knows exactly where the mid-point of that camera covers.  That was perfectly timed.

He should be pissed.

Had to miss the last part of the game while driving to my son's game.

Perfectly timed for what? For it to be seen? For what reason? You lost me. (It should be noted that Hammy said last season that he felt one of Jack's episodes was timed for the benefit of the media.)

Your comments are getting old. Really when so many on here don't think they care and have a losing attitude? Now you are criticizing him? Man if we had a few guys playing near his level we'd have a few more points. What world are you living in? Have you watched these games? You're criticizing him? Give me a break from you're philosophical bs.

If you want to be mad at me because the team's crummy again, fine. I can take it. I hope it helps.

Eichel's been generally good to very good. But maybe it's time for him to grow up a little. He's 21 now. He can finally have that first beer!

Perfectly timed for what? For it to be seen? For what reason? You lost me. (It should be noted that Hammy said last season that he felt one of Jack's episodes was timed for the benefit of the media.)

Exactly.  It was timed to generate discussion. 

Exactly.  It was timed to generate discussion. 

Like a hostage blinking in Morse Code? Is he trying to tell us from beyond the grave that there's something amiss in the lockerroom and we have to do something to help. Didn't Lassie do this one time?

Really, I don't get it. It seems more like Jack wanting everyone to know he hates losing. So hate it. Go win. It reminds me of Miller standing on the bench before a game staring Zen-like at the ice, to prove how much he was concentrating before the game, or something.

Like a hostage blinking in Morse Code? Is he trying to tell us from beyond the grave that there's something amiss in the lockerroom and we have to do something to help. Didn't Lassie do this one time?

Really, I don't get it. It seems more like Jack wanting everyone to know he hates losing. So hate it. Go win. It reminds me of Miller standing on the bench before a game staring Zen-like at the ice, to prove how much he was concentrating before the game, or something.

It's not about you, or me, or any other fan. You are irrelevant. It is about getting the media to ask questions of the players in the locker room.  Eichel is a PPG player on a team that isn't performing.  As for Miller, goaltender have rituals, it's not that unusual.  My last comment is to address you pulling in that garbage Lassie comment.  It's not worth the finger exercise to respond to you any more.  Your retorts are denigrating and show a complete lack of respect.  Good day sir.

e38b2cee0dce880cd0f5bedb1a188df6451be3a8

It's also possible he just has a short fuse. I've snapped my stick after even Rec Hockey if I'm in that mood. It happens.

I can't afford to break my sticks in rec hockey.  :)  

One of the most frustrating games I've been at.

Tennyson once again showed that when the puck is on his stick, he's pretty good; until then, he's a friggin' disaster.

Had really hoped that with as long as the replay took that it would go Buffalo's way but expected it wouldn't. Had the initial shot gone in or Reinhart deflected it, the goal would've been good. But Sam moved the goalie's leg about 18" and there was no way the rebound off the initial shot would be counted as a good goal. Which really stinks because Price, Holtby, Murray, etc would not have stopped that rocket.

Not sure why people are hating Okposo, it was his best game of the season & similar in a way to the game before McCabe woke up. He made some nice plays to break up rushes or maintain control of the puck but was just off on some passes (though the PP pass to O'Reilly was money).

Until the shift before the 3rd goal had been really impressed w/ Pouliot. Not so much that one or the one on the goal. McCabe was very good except on that goal as well. Unfortunately, can't have a bad shift late in a tied game.

Lehner played well, but flat out stunk on the 3rd goal. Really starting to believe he thinks he's taller than he is. It WAS a perfect shot, BUT it could've been 2" lower & still gone in clean. He has to realize he's leaving almost 6" open SHORT SIDE when he goes down. That's asking for failure there.

Eichel looked good. Very disappointed they couldn't get him back out for the last 40 seconds. But w/ about 10 left Tennyson came to the bench & Ristolainen hit the ice. Can somebody on the bench be a bit more aware & allow them to only have 1 D out there?

NOLAN had 2 great scoring chances & Pouliot hit a post. This game was there for the taking.

Still liking my boy Antipin. REALLY wanted him to take Tennyson's spot on the 2nd unit when thd REAL 1st unit was reassembled. Sadly that didn't happen.

Pominville isn't the ideal winger for Eichel, but he'd better stay there for at least the next 10 games. He actually finishes chances. So disappointed that the pass to the high slot early in the 1st (probably 2nd shift, might've been 1st) that Kane got a good shot off on wasn't to Jason standing right next to him. Hopefully Housley figures the Kane Eichel disconnect out before the season is toast.

Good effort. Fun game for 55 minutes. But close isn't close enough at this point. They need to win 6 of the next 8 to keep the goal reachable.

Here's the thing on Eichel's stick breaking. Correct me if I am wrong cause I haven't paid attention to this but that camera for the walk off is always there and in the same basic place right? So he knows it will be on camera if he breaks it just at that spot. It's a public display. Is that fake or good I dunno. I'd be more interested to know what happened this evening being his birthday. Did he and whoever go out and party like it didn't matter? Or did it temper the mood? That would tell you more about him than this public display.

I'm unsure of how I feel about it, but I'd rather a show of emotion than indifference or acceptance.

Watched the Leafs/Flyers tonight. Eichel in our game looked much better to me than Matthews in that one. Flyers have drafted well, especially on D. We should hire some of their scouts. Everyone talks about how much better the Leafs are but tonight anyway, we played better in our loss than they did in theirs. 

I still think we are on the right path, but I also think it'll be a long and winding road. 

Just got done watching the game on delay. Didn’t know the outcome going in. Haven’t read any of this thread. My thoughts are as follows:

1. Tennyson doesn’t belong on this team, much less on the power play. (Also, Griffith probably needs to go)

2. Duck the NHL and every single one of its referees. Jack’s goal should count.

3. Redmond is bettter than he showed in Cbus.

4. Pommers and Scandella are worth twice what JBot paid for them.

5. This team is better than its record. Playoffs are perhaps undoable after this start, but I have genuine optimism.

Jack Eichel snapped his stick in the hallway after the game. Good. Someone needs to recognize this isn't good enough.

Jack does that type of pouty bitch stuff all the time.  I am not a fan of his psychological makeup, insofar as I understand it.  I can only go by what he shows me.

Bury your chance right in front of the net, Jack, if you hate losing, and spare the innocent stick. 

Taro, I have a great deal of respect for your opinions, but on TV at least it looked like KO misplayed the puck pretty much every time he got it.

As for Pommer, I agree that he isn’t the ideal winger for Eichel, but that line created a ton of chances today.

Pommer is the only decent NHL caliber winger on this team at the moment...with maybe an honorable mention going to Kane.

K.O. is complete crap.  Something is going on with his illness.  He is not the same player.

I feel bad for him and feel like it's not his fault, per se, but he still sucks.

This is not only a non-playoff team this year, it is likely a bottom 3 finisher.

This game was there for the taking, I thought we outplayed them.

Sabres need some puck luck soon to get any momentum. The other option is for someone to put the team on his back and win a game.

Jack?Robin?Sam?Risto?

I don't know why Tennyson is on the PP and on for the last shift. I think Antipin would be a better option. I don't see any offensive ability from #5.

Griffith brings nothing, I can't wait for ERod or Baptiste to get another shot.

Gus didn't seem to get played much, maybe not 100% yet.

Redmond is a temporary player, I'll take Bogo over him.

I thought Okposo was better, trending in the right direction. He's still far from expectations.

I don't miss Moulson.

Taro, I have a great deal of respect for your opinions, but on TV at least it looked like KO misplayed the puck pretty much every time he got it.

As for Pommer, I agree that he isn’t the ideal winger for Eichel, but that line created a ton of chances today.

From a live perspective, he had a decent game.

Also, I ran into Ted Nolan before the game.

K.O. made 4 correct passes with the net empty(according to me, again, I've been wrong before). It was the first time in 2 periods that I didn't think he f'ed up when he had it. Then he shot it into a defenders shins and the puck when off into the corner. Game over.

Also I don't believe we used out timeout. Did we? There was a stoppage with 2:30 left in the game and it should have been used then, in my opinion. That was a miss on Phil's part.

My takes from the last game

I don't think Okposo is all the way back from his issues from last season and the offseason. He may be in shape compared to us but he's not in NHL caliber shape. I don't think we're going to see the Okposo from last season for another 15-20 games. 

ROR finally has come out of his doldrums. He's looked solid again. 

How devoid of talent are we that Tennyson gets as much TOI as he does much less PP time. I'm not a bunkerite but we miss Bogosian. I keep reading here that Tennyson looks ok from a couple of posters so I've tried to keep trying to see what they see but every time there's a disaster happening, he's in the middle of the screen. Speaking of which WhereTF is Bogo. When he first went out he was day to day. Should that have read month to month?? 

Antipin is a pretty skater, I'm not sure how good a NHL hockey player he is but he is a pretty skater.

Kane is far from the perfect complement to Jack but I don't think he gets the credit for all the dirty work he does on that line. 

I don't think the Sabres have the perfect complement to Jack on the roster. Also, if you want to be captain, stop the stick breaking drama. Your not impressing your teammates with that.

Our #1 PP looked much better but our #2 needs a QB. When ROR played on that line it looked so much smoother, without him there they are an uncoordinated mess.

Barnes and Noble also has put out their best selling list....... #1 is Where is Samson, 

Risto and Scandella are getting better and better together. 

We must be top 3 in the league in bad puck luck. We're missing wide open chances and the other teams seem to fall into goals. A terrible bounce just seems to find the other team for goals. 

If Nolan could score with all the wide open looks he gets he'd be our leading goal scorer.

I don't hate Lehner but he's not our #1 next year unless he improves.

I'm giving HCPH a pass for the time being, until we get healthy, if anything is true about this season, they are a lot more entertaining than the past 2 years. 

Edited by jsb

Jack does that type of pouty bitch stuff all the time.  I am not a fan of his psychological makeup, insofar as I understand it.  I can only go by what he shows me.

Bury your chance right in front of the net, Jack, if you hate losing, and spare the innocent stick. 

I'm of the same thought.  It may be a growing up process, but I don't see the other players we want to compare him to acting like that.  It concerns me.

K.O. made 4 correct passes with the net empty(according to me, again, I've been wrong before). It was the first time in 2 periods that I didn't think he f'ed up when he had it. Then he shot it into a defenders shins and the puck when off into the corner. Game over.

Also I don't believe we used out timeout. Did we? There was a stoppage with 2:30 left in the game and it should have been used then, in my opinion. That was a miss on Phil's part.

Did not use the timeout.

Guess I don't need to watch the rest of this one this morning. Saw up until the goal got called back, which, even though I thought wasn't interference (he just lost the puck), I thought there was no way they couldn't call it back.

Jack was pissed. Broke his stick. Not a big deal at all. He wasn't posturing to the cameras or his team. He was pissed. I get it. (Although if I had done that after a game, I'm pretty sure I would have ended up in the ER with a broken femur. Jesus, those legs must be like tree trunks.)

Was there just no stoppage at the end to get a time out to get Jack on the ice? Seems weird that he wouldn't be out there in at the end.

Edited by SwampD

One other thing to add, being at the game, the 3rd period felt a lot like the 3rd against Moe-ray-all in the opener. They were outskating them & getting vastly more chances, but couldn't bury any of them (Jack, yes the puck went on edge when it got to you; you still need to bury it) & let the other team stay in it long enough to steal the win. That's 3 points given away that way. When they figure out how to drive the dagger in, they'll be a good team. Right now they can be entertaining. They need to figure out how to become good.

Expecting they'll figure it out, they need to make that happen before November is in the rear view mirror.

Guess I don't need to watch the rest of this one this morning. Saw up until the goal got called back, which, even though I thought wasn't interference (he just lost the puck), I thought there was no way they couldn't call it back.

Jack was pissed. Broke his stick. Not a big deal at all. He wasn't posturing to the cameras or his team. He was pissed. I get it. (Although if I had done that after a game, I'm pretty sure I would have ended up in the ER with a broken femur. Jesus, those legs must be like tree trunks.)

Was there just no stoppage at the end to get a time out to get Jack on the ice? Seems weird that he wouldn't be out there in at the end.

There was no stoppage at the end, but there were a couple of times the puck was in deep & they could've peeled Tennyson out of the play & replaced him w/ Eichel. (Though they'd've replaced him w/ Ristolainen.)

Taro, did you notice the National Guard stationed at the entrances, machine gun and all?  What the hell is that all about?

Not National Guard, they were SWAT.

No idea why they were there. They were at the Vancouver game as well. (And presumably the Detroit game, though we weren't at that one.)

Somebody in one of the Bills game threads from last weekend said they were at the Bucs game as well. No data on why the increased police presence. If anyone does know why the recent increase in security would be very interested in knowing what it is.

This is where I'm at. I don't know how it plays in the room. The overall effect is what Lindy once called "eeyore hockey." Woe is us. (But is the hope tank low?) It might be fnie for a rookie, but he's 21 now, in his third season and soon to be a 10 million dollar a year player. He's the franchise. It's not a good look.

No idea why they were there. They were at the Vancouver game as well. (And presumably the Detroit game, though we weren't at that one.)

Somebody in one of the Bills game threads from last weekend said they were at the Bucs game as well. No data on why the increased police presence. If anyone does know why the recent increase in security would be very interested in knowing what it is.

Yes for the Wings game too. I would imagine Las Vegas has something to do with it.

They definitely weren't at the opener against Montreal.  If anyone does know what's going on, please inform the rest of us!

Separately, I've read elsewhere that Jeanneret spent an entire shift referring to M-E Vlasic as "Pickles."  Is this true? 

The stick snapping getting play on this board is indicative of how bad the hockey's been. NHL players break their sticks in anger all the time. All the time.

I think it's a stupid way to channel your rage and I think it's especially embarassing when somebody loses their cool and does it at drop in (sorry Thorny :lol: ), but the NHL is full of hockey players and hockey players is gonna snap sticks.

Y'all using it to judge Jack are whack. I mean, did you see how frustrating that game was?

Edited by qwksndmonster

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.