GDT: Sharks @ Sabres 10/28/17 1PM EST

LTS

cut.jpg

The Sharks end their long road trip with a visit to the Buffalo Sabres' Key Bank Center.

It's a 1pm matinee.  Perfect for the crotchety old geezers who want to hit up the early bird special at Cracker Barrel on their way home after the game.

It's Kids Day, which hopefully means the arena will be filled with people who still enjoy hockey for what it is... a game.  The kids may be disappointed afterwards but hey kid, life is full if disappointment.

Now, onto the hockey game. 

Joe Thornton has a chance to move in to 20th on the all-time scoring list.  The Sabres have a chance to score.

Will the Sabres look different after a few days off to work on their composure?  Will they demonstrate the mental toughness to battle through adversity and hard times or will the crumble away under the pressure of the fans?

Will SabreTooth ever stay out for the night?

These answers and more at 1pm today.  Tune in and see.

EDITORS NOTE: I'd be at this game today if my son did not have a hockey game just early enough so that we couldn't get back to Rochester in time.

Go Sabres! Nice GDT and LTS I hope your son wins his game, too

1 pm on a Saturday? I like night game, too much to do during the day

Thanks!  It's what I look forward to every weekend (not the winning, just watching him play).

Haven't the sabres beaten the sharks, like, a thousand times in a row at home?

Let's hope the streak continues.  I want people on here to feel some joy until at least Sunday.

Haven't the sabres beaten the sharks, like, a thousand times in a row at home?

Pretty sure the only loss was Thornton's 1st game as a Snark.

Today we get to find out if the Snarks total inability to win in Buffalo is stronger than the Sabres afternoon game horror shows. Just how much Eichel & crew partied after midnight might be the wildcard in this movable object meets the resistable force battle of memes.

As I posted in the CBJ GDT, I thought the Sabres looked the best they’ve looked all season until the roof caved in in the 2nd. They made a lot of nice, quick, in-rhythm passes in all zones, exited the defensive zone smartly and generally IMHO looked like they were starting to execute Howie’s system well.

So — will the collapse and loss in that game destroy the confidence they were building? Or will we see continued improvement and maybe more good goaltending from Lenny, who did, let’s remember, put up a SO last time he played.

Any lineup news? Fedun or Redmond? Other?

Fun fact... or not.

Joe Thornton Career Points: 1,398

Combined Sabres Roster Points (as a Sabre only): 1,371

Another fun fact.  Of the active roster and only Buffalo points Eichel trails Pominville for second.

Pominville: 467

Eichel: 124

Moulson: 123

ROR: 122

Risto: 114

Reinhart: 93

Kane: 89

Girgensons: 89

Again, those are points in a Sabres uniform.  Interesting.

Anyway.. game on.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.