GDT: Sharks @ Sabres 10/28/17 1PM EST

LTS

Goalie should let in less than 2 then.

It's one thing if they were playing well all year, but the whole collective team just sucks, at 5 min left in a tie game, this team should just be clamping down for OT, and lehner shouldn't be giving up that goal

1) Offense

2) Goalie

3) Defense

That is the order of our strength. We need offense to step up. Lehner made some big saves and the last goal was a basically perfect shot. Until we are losing games 4-3 or 5-4 I think our offense is more to blame that our D

1) Offense

2) Goalie

3) Defense

That is the order of our strength. We need offense to step up. Lehner made some big saves and the last goal was a basically perfect shot. Until we are losing games 4-3 or 5-4 I think our offense is more to blame that our D

I'm mainly playing devils advocate, but I honestly didn't see much of the game until the end.

Are we getting the chances and not finishing or are we flat out not generating the pressure? That's a good start on fixing the O

Sam was the first forward drafted in his year. He should be putting up 50 points and being a defensive stud or putting 70 up and being a slight defensive worry. Instead he is on track for 27 points and is generally lacking defensively.

If he was taken first overall he would be in the conversation for biggest bust of all time. He should thank his lucky stars Florida won the lottery.

I'm mainly playing devils advocate, but I honestly didn't see much of the game until the end.

Are we getting the chances and not finishing or are we flat out not generating the pressure? That's a good start on fixing the O

We had chances and just didn't bury them. The game itself wasn't too bad in fairness, just a disappointing loss

Lehner's no slouch with the back-breaking goals to break ties at the end of games either. Seems like it's 50/50 in a late tie game whether we either lose in regulation or make it to OT. 

Yes.

Well for the first time this year I was actually entertained by a hockey game.

I know they lost, but wingers missed some perfect passes from Eichel in this game, a few bad bounces, a post and a whiff, didn't get the luck.

But the effort was there and this is the first time we've seen the tempo start to finish that Housley wants. If they keep playing like this every night they will win games.  Antipin still continues to show great potential and Pouliot is finally starting to look good which also shows promise. He plays better in a faster paced game.

The negatives, Okposo still crap, the 4th line is not good. Griffith rapidly playing his way off this team. Bailey really really really needs to work on the accuracy of his shot. Third game now where he's shot over the net on a perfect set up. Lehner as usual one spectacular play and one kind of iffy goal. Kind of what you expect.

overall, I'll say it again, if they played all the games like this one their record would be better. Stay the course and keep Moulson as far away as possible. 

I agree with most of this.  The effort was there and it was a pretty even game.  The Sabres probably had more chances, but SJ cashed more and got better goaltending.

Also, Okposo officially stinks.  Unbelievable.  5.75 more years of that, for $6MM per year?  

At this point signing KO looks like GMTM's worse move, and that is a high bar (or is it low?).

Since team D isn’t strong enough, it’s time to shop around for a true starter in goal. The tandem they have would be ok on a solid defensive team but my this team.

Short side to win it. Not acceptable

This too.  I'm at about 65% that Lehner will not be back next year.

At this point he's a below-average starter.  Above-average -- not elite -- goaltending gives them 3 more wins this year.

Sam was the first forward drafted in his year. He should be putting up 50 points and being a defensive stud or putting 70 up and being a slight defensive worry. Instead he is on track for 27 points and is generally lacking defensively.

If he was taken first overall he would be in the conversation for biggest bust of all time. He should thank his lucky stars Florida won the lottery.

We had chances and just didn't bury them. The game itself wasn't too bad in fairness, just a disappointing loss

Yes.  He was a complete non-factor again.  

I'm just home from dinner after the game.

Great crowd.  I mean GREAT crowd.  Constant shouting, especially at the refs, especially after...

...How the hell was that goal disallowed?  Do all of Torontonians have heads up ?

THAT was .

The tantrums are getting old.

Yes they are.

zzzz. The tantrums are getting old. I'm sure that gains a lot of respect from his teammates.

Your comments are getting old. Really when so many on here don't think they care and have a losing attitude? Now you are criticizing him? Man if we had a few guys playing near his level we'd have a few more points. What world are you living in? Have you watched these games? You're criticizing him? Give me a break from you're philosophical bs.

This one is on Lehner and Toronto.

Goals one and three (Sharks) are on Lehner.  He has to have that glove save on the first goal, the short breakaway.  And he has to have his body against the post on the third one.  What, you're taught that at age 7 as a goalie?

The call back of the Eichel goal in the first was ridiculous.  There was no interference.  At all.  

Your comments are getting old. Really when so many on here don't think they care and have a losing attitude? Now you are criticizing him? Man if we had a few guys playing near his level we'd have a few more points. What world are you living in? Have you watched these games? You're criticizing him? Give me a break from you're philosophical bs.

Oh, he's just getting started. 

Actually, PA was extremely frustrated that his MSG feed was a football match, so he didn't watch the game ...  ;)

His comment was on the theatrics after the game not Jack's play in the game.  And I agree with PA and 11, the tantrums are getting old.

or just not that good

on his knees before the shot. if standing it doesn't go over his shoulder

There's no defence for the perfect shot. If Lehner's standing, a guy capable of a shot that nice would have had more room lower down.

Yes.

I agree with most of this.  The effort was there and it was a pretty even game.  The Sabres probably had more chances, but SJ cashed more and got better goaltending.

Also, Okposo officially stinks.  Unbelievable.  5.75 more years of that, for $6MM per year?  

At this point signing KO looks like GMTM's worse move, and that is a high bar (or is it low?).

This too.  I'm at about 65% that Lehner will not be back next year.

At this point he's a below-average starter.  Above-average -- not elite -- goaltending gives them 3 more wins this year.

Yes.  He was a complete non-factor again.

He's below average, but his numbers are above average?

This one is on Lehner and Toronto.

Goals one and three (Sharks) are on Lehner.  He has to have that glove save on the first goal, the short breakaway.  And he has to have his body against the post on the third one.  What, you're taught that at age 7 as a goalie?

The call back of the Eichel goal in the first was ridiculous.  There was no interference.  At all.  

Oh, he's just getting started.

There certainly was some interference, Sam initiated contact within the crease.

Everything is old.  Get off my lawn.

Don't think Jack didn't do that on purpose.  He could have broken that stick anywhere but he knows exactly where the mid-point of that camera covers.  That was perfectly timed.

He should be pissed.

Had to miss the last part of the game while driving to my son's game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.