Rochester Americans 2017/2018

LGR4GM

Anyone catch the story Marty was telling about his wife? She's the daughter of a former teammate or coach? I couldn't make it out but it sounded a little creepy.

I got the impression that they served as a host family. Maybe she was the daughter of a coach. Sounds like she was a local girl though.

Crisco. 9-3It’s surreal to hear the crowd chant “We want ten!”Crisco to make it ten!!!!Percy to make it ###### 11-3!!!Tennyson to make it 12-3!!

Not often, but on occassion miss the 18 team NHL. Was in the crowd 3 times calling for those double digit scores ad a kid. Good times. Good times.

Since then, unless LA was in town (or Hitchcock was about to be fired :)) it was never even a consideration.

The Amerks have lost 13 of their last 17 games.

Maybe the praise to Botterill for turning around the Amerks should be toned down a tad.

Lot of those in OT, no?

Hoping it’s doldrums as opposed to signs of a team that was playing above it’s head or lost its mojo.

Lot of those in OT, no?

Hoping it’s doldrums as opposed to signs of a team that was playing above it’s head or lost its mojo.

Yup, lots of OT losses there. But still, winning 4 of 17 is just that.

They’ve lost two games in a row to the worst team in the league, and are now officially below Deluca .500 - they’ve lost more games than they have won this season.

There are injury concerns, and players getting called up, but all AHL teams deal with those things. Still a positive season overall so far I think.

The concern would be that arguably the biggest positive we had seen this season was a winning environment being put in place in the minors. That may still be being built, but it’s not a winning environment right now, anymore, and hasn’t been for a while.

Edited by Thorny

With Suburbs like... Ehhmmm... PPPPiiitttsford and Victor...where you can rub elbows with the Golisanos, Polissenis, and the like, I suppose you have a point.

Rochester's complex is basically the opposite of Buffalo's. Everyone in the Rochester metro wants people to think they're rich and not from Rochester, everyone in Buffalo's metro wants people to think they're blue collar and not from the suburbs.

Welp. Gotta play hard for 60 minutes. 40 isn’t enough. I think it was D.Smith fighting after the final whistle. Stupid.

The fight at the end of game? Meh.

Amerks had a total of 11 shots in first 2 periods. I thought we had better chances and finished, but agree, in 3rd we got smoked.  The gtg was Nylander turnover but Tennyson was too deep and seemed to wtf wave the pass instead of selling out to correct.  Not cool.

I really like Blackwell's game.  He's probably too small or whatever for NHL but dude comes to play and as a fan it's enjoyable to watch.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.