OT: Great Cheeses of the World

ubkev

Rochefort Blue or any stinky Blue cheese... common I'm a Buffalonian at heart.    

Agree on Havarti Dill

NY Sharp

My special needs son lives on Colby Jack

I love feta on salads

Muenster on crackers

Fresh Mozzarella and Tomatoes

Block freshly shaved Parmesan on sauce

Provolone on steak and cheese is a must

Very close to my list.

Smoked gouda

Havarti dill

Munster (is this the first love for munster?)

Swiss

Colby

Extra sharp cheddar is just a given.

I like my Havarti without dill.

Munster is an interesting situation for me.  I think I was overfed it as a youth.  My mother didn't want to put processed cheese on our sandwiches, and Munster was the cheap deli-sliced alternative, so I think we had that basically daily.

We are vacationing at Chautauqua Lake starting Thursday.  One of the places we are visiting is https://www.reveriecreamery.com/

They have alot more than their locally made stuff though.  Cheeses from all over the world.  I get lost in their shop.  Everything from locally made colby and cheddar to some of the ripest, stinkiest stuff France can produce.  My wife says it smells like feet.  I say it smells like money.  JUST TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

Last Summer I dropped $100 in there.  The wife was not amused.  She also forbade me near her until the effects subsided.

Trench foot isn't far from accurate.  I do recall reading somewhere that alot of the bacteria used to make cheese is also found in our feet.

THIS IS THE PLACE I WAS TALKING ABOUT. That Tom, is amazing. I would drop a hundo there and not blink.

I stopped at Aldi last night to pick up some bread (already had milk and eggs, natch), and ended up with sliced gouda, havarti, and muenster. Smurf you guys for putting this in my head. And smurf you too that I want Five Guys after the burger discussion.

:w00t: 

I'm gettin me some gat damn cheese tonight. 

Jo beat me to it, but smoked gouda is probably my favorite anytime cheese.  Excellent on a sandwich or for snacking.

Muenster is another favorite sandwich cheese, and yeah, provolone, too.

But man, if we're talking about the kind of cheese you'd put on a cheese board, we're going next level.

Too many that I've enjoyed and not remembered their names, but Humboldt Fog and Gjetost are standouts.  And anything port wine.  I dig most any cheese that isn't Swiss or stinky/moldy.

Humboldt Fog is so amazing. Anything stinky is. I love a good Tallegio, Roqueforts, creamy sheeps milk cheeses. Mmmmm...Has baked brie been mentioned? I hate when I go somewhere with baked brie because it's too easy to ingest in excess of 3k cheese calories.

The only cheeses I don't like by themselves that I'm aware of are Ricotta ( i agree, it's vile) and Feta, although both have acceptable applications, there is a time and place for everything, I suppose, but I wouldn't be caught dead eating those by themselves.

Haven't made it out there yet, but I'd love to. Hopefully this fall, sometime.

Snack on the cottage patio is plate with Tom, a Spanish hard goat cheese called Naked Goat, some butterkase, and a few slices of prociutto.

A delicious saison by Foam Brewing out of Burlington in my glass.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.