ubkev

I break cheeses down by standalone cheese vs. meal cheese

Standalone:

Dutch Smoked Gouda

Aged Sharp Cheddars, 5+ years at least

Limburger

Regular old Gouda

Meal:

Everything else. Parm, Ricotta, Farmers cheese, American Cheese, Provolone, Monterey Jack, Cottage cheese, Feta, Blue, and so on.

Edited by d4rksabre

To try to be a good gf I got d4rk the smelliest cheese I could find once. I don't remember what it was anymore, but I went to a special place with all kinds of good/rare cheeses and said "give me your stinkiest cheese". The guy smiled and happily obliged. 

Well, d4rk loved it. And it actually did taste good when I tried a bit- very mild compared to the smell. But god. I brought it on myself... even in plastic baggie and tupperware, the entire fridge reeked of that singular odor only a fine stinky cheese can bestow. Everything. Everything from the veggies to the beer had a tinge of "butt death wrapped in trench foot accented with a light sprinkling of three day old vomit". 

Never did that again. He loves limburger... not allowed to come near me for 4-6 hours post consumption. 

Jo beat me to it, but smoked gouda is probably my favorite anytime cheese.  Excellent on a sandwich or for snacking.

Muenster is another favorite sandwich cheese, and yeah, provolone, too.

But man, if we're talking about the kind of cheese you'd put on a cheese board, we're going next level.

Too many that I've enjoyed and not remembered their names, but Humboldt Fog and Gjetost are standouts.  And anything port wine.  I dig most any cheese that isn't Swiss or stinky/moldy.

All the cheeses. A synergy of cheeses!

If they're too stinky (the Limburgers, bricks, and tallegios of the world) they can get a little troublesome for more than a few bites. But from cream to cottage to curd to wheel, I'm all over it like a Crumb on a Hutt tail.

All-time favorite is a crucolo. And the Wisconsinite in me still loves the Kaukauna Port Wine spread (the tub---not the ball---because of the versatility) even though the rest of me really doubts it's actually even categorically a cheese... more a cheese product.

All the cheeses. A synergy of cheeses!

If they're too stinky (the Limburgers, bricks, and tallegios of the world) they can get a little troublesome for more than a few bites. But from cream to cottage to curd to wheel, I'm all over it like a Crumb on a Hutt tail.

All-time favorite is a crucolo. And the Wisconsinite in me still loves the Kaukauna Port Wine spread (the tub---not the ball---because of the versatility) even though the rest of me really doubts it's actually even categorically a cheese... more a cheese product.

Mmmmmm port wine spread. 

I guarantee that I will get home tonight to find d4rk eating a block of freshly purchased cheese thanks to this thread. 

Tomorrow's game: one hand for a block of cheese, one hand for a frosty beer (or whiskey... or juice, I guess, depending on someone's tastes). Hockey, beer, cheese. Pretty much a perfect evening.

Very close to my list.

Smoked gouda

Havarti dill

Munster (is this the first love for munster?)

Swiss

Colby

Extra sharp cheddar is just a given.

Jo beat me to it, but smoked gouda is probably my favorite anytime cheese.  Excellent on a sandwich or for snacking.

Muenster is another favorite sandwich cheese, and yeah, provolone, too.

But man, if we're talking about the kind of cheese you'd put on a cheese board, we're going next level.

Too many that I've enjoyed and not remembered their names, but Humboldt Fog and Gjetost are standouts.  And anything port wine.  I dig most any cheese that isn't Swiss or stinky/moldy.

;)

We are vacationing at Chautauqua Lake starting Thursday.  One of the places we are visiting is https://www.reveriecreamery.com/

They have alot more than their locally made stuff though.  Cheeses from all over the world.  I get lost in their shop.  Everything from locally made colby and cheddar to some of the ripest, stinkiest stuff France can produce.  My wife says it smells like feet.  I say it smells like money.  JUST TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

Last Summer I dropped $100 in there.  The wife was not amused.  She also forbade me near her until the effects subsided.

To try to be a good gf I got d4rk the smelliest cheese I could find once. I don't remember what it was anymore, but I went to a special place with all kinds of good/rare cheeses and said "give me your stinkiest cheese". The guy smiled and happily obliged. 

Well, d4rk loved it. And it actually did taste good when I tried a bit- very mild compared to the smell. But god. I brought it on myself... even in plastic baggie and tupperware, the entire fridge reeked of that singular odor only a fine stinky cheese can bestow. Everything. Everything from the veggies to the beer had a tinge of "butt death wrapped in trench foot accented with a light sprinkling of three day old vomit". 

Never did that again. He loves limburger... not allowed to come near me for 4-6 hours post consumption. 

Trench foot isn't far from accurate.  I do recall reading somewhere that alot of the bacteria used to make cheese is also found in our feet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.